How To Preserve Your Autographs

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
twin
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: How To Preserve Your Autographs

Post by twin »

fallen_angel wrote:I would just like to add that if you frame your photos dont let the photo touch the glass!!!! Over time the photo will stick to the glass and damage your photograph. Make sure you place a mat in the frame 1st or you can put them in a acid free plastic sleeve and them fram them.
But what about a PLAIN plastic sleeve? :?
grobanite19
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by grobanite19 »

This is kind of a dumb question, and I don't know if it makes sense, but.
If u put ur pic in one of those acid free plastic sleeves (the kind that u put in a binder, that has the 3 holes on the side) and then put it in a frame, will that work? Thanks! :)
Favorite Autographs: Deanna Durbin, Josh Groban, Dr. Phil & Robin, Ann Rutherford, Zac Efron, Dick Van Dyke, and Rise Stevens
Most Wanted: Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson, Gilmore Girls autographs.
Most Recent: Mary Tyler Moore, Peter Graves, and Rise Stevens
Johnny's Fan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Johnny's Fan »

My autographs are in either glass or perspex fronted frames. I don't know if that's good or not.

But a lot of other autographs we have in our house are from stamp and autograph companies and have already been framed with those materials... so I'm not sure if actually glass and perspex is OK to use, as professionals do.

Playbills: A Little Night Music (Angela Lansbury), Wicked, A Steady Rain (Daniel Craig & Hugh Jackman), The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, The Phantom of the Opera, Blithe Spirit (Angela Lansbury)
Most Wanted: Jason Isaacs, Andy Serkis, Peter Jackson, Johnny Depp
Personalized: 54
Most prized: Cate Blanchett, Tony Shalhoub, Mary Costa, Daniel Craig, Brad Bird, Patti LuPone, Richard Taylor, Angela Lansbury, Aaron Eckhart, John Rhys-Davis, Eli Wallach, David Wenham, Geoffrey Rush, Ian McKellen
Reav
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Reav »

Question:

The following plastic sleeves sold at eBay are marked as acid-free.

Is it safe to assume that all PP (polypropylene) sleeves are therefore acid free?
Thanks!
marokee
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by marokee »

how do i preserve a letter that i received from some one i mailed to

i tried mailing the queen at her buckingham palace address and received a reply from her Lady-in-Waiting. it was a personalized letter(i had asked the queen a question and she anwsered it) and it came on official Buickingham Palace stationary. also it cam in an official Buckingham palace envelope with the royal crest on the back

my first autograph...sort of
cullengirl
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by cullengirl »

marokee wrote:how do i preserve a letter that i received from some one i mailed to

i tried mailing the queen at her buckingham palace address and received a reply from her Lady-in-Waiting. it was a personalized letter(i had asked the queen a question and she anwsered it) and it came on official Buickingham Palace stationary. also it cam in an official Buckingham palace envelope with the royal crest on the back

my first autograph...sort of
wow, that's really cool, what address did you use? pm me!! :)

I would want to say to preserve it just like the pictures, it seems logical....but I would take the advice from the mods or admins.... 8) {thumb2}
{??} CullenGirl

siggy & avatar by seb88

"And thus I take my leave of the world and of you all..." - Anne Boleyn

{star}Received: 32
{star}Waiting on: 40
{star}Most Wanted: Stephenie Meyer, Ann Rice, JK Rowling, Stephen King, John Williams, Lisa Williams, Rob Pattinson, Aerosmith, Metallica, Jerry Lee Lewis, Lorraine Warren and more...
marokee
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by marokee »

i just used the bucking ham palace address....but i also went to wikiHow and jsut type in writing to the Queen....itll tell you all about etiquette and proper word usage....but be nice....dont go right out there and ask for an autograph. askk something like "what do you like to do in your spare time?". thats what i did. they sent along an info sheet about the Queens working day. but i also wanteds her to know a bit about me to i decided to tell her in my first paragraph who i am, where i go to school, what i like to do in my spare time(sports, hobbies) and what my plans were for post secondary edu....
they will usually give you a personalized letter....based on all of the ones i have seen

***remember***its the Queen....dont be rude.....be more polite to her than you would your mother
cullengirl
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by cullengirl »

^^^^^^oh absolutly, and thank you! :mrgreen:
{??} CullenGirl

siggy & avatar by seb88

"And thus I take my leave of the world and of you all..." - Anne Boleyn

{star}Received: 32
{star}Waiting on: 40
{star}Most Wanted: Stephenie Meyer, Ann Rice, JK Rowling, Stephen King, John Williams, Lisa Williams, Rob Pattinson, Aerosmith, Metallica, Jerry Lee Lewis, Lorraine Warren and more...
khackdrums

Post by khackdrums »

Use anything acid and PVC free (plastic sleeves, binder, etc.). Look on the label if it says "archival safe" you are you to go! 8)
Kyle :)

DON'T TREAD ON ME! [us] PRIDE!

Grunge is Dead.
amanda87_05
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by amanda87_05 »

I go to a lot of concerts and with most artists that I go to see I have a pretty good chance of meeting them and get my pic made with them. So the next time I go see them and know for sure I'll meet them again..I take my pic to WalMart and blow it up to an 8x10 and have them to sign it. Then I usually buy clear laminating sheets and run them through my laminator. It seems to work pretty well I think.