How To Preserve Your Autographs

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
pris2010
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: How To Preserve Your Autographs

Post by pris2010 »

Hello everybody! I have several autographs of Jude Law got when I saw Hamlet in NY. If anyone is interested I can send it... I'm from Brazil and I`d like to know if someone who saw Hamlet October 20th has the photos with Jude and fans to send to me. I didn`t get pictures with my face: only pictures of him!! If anyone has, please send me: I'll be very happy! I can send the photos that I have too!!
jeannie
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jeannie »

estellemewmew wrote:I have a book signed, how do I prevent it from damages? I have it by years now... I keep it in my room.
u know what, i have a book older than 100 years old, and its wraped in about 25 years old newspaper, and guess what, nothing happened :lol:
MeSillyWoohoo
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by MeSillyWoohoo »

I have just started collecting Autographs. We have Ray Park (Darth Maul) and Normal Lear and Rob Reiner's autographs. We've got them all framed on our wall so far. Hopefully we'll have some more to add to that soon
Autographs received: Ray Park, Rob Reiner, Norman Lear, Judi Dench, James Marsters, Mark Harmon, R.L. Stein
Autographs requested: Garett Maggart, Johnny Depp, Richard Burgi, Robert Sean Leonard, Corbin Bernsen, Rob Morrow, Gale Harold, James Roday, Timothy Omundson, David Krumholtz, Judd Hirsch, David McCallum, Michael Weatherly, Sean Murray, Jon Cassar, Jesse Spencer, Hugh Laurie, David Caruso, John Barrowman, Gareth David-Lloyd, and Matthew Gray Gubler
osiris
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by osiris »

musicfan wrote: But STILL Let Ppl Say What They Wanna Say....lol....They MIGHT Wanna Say Things Still...lol.
Calm down dear, downtoearth meant delete their post, not the entire topic! Of course now you've commented and created a fuss there's no point now lol

Also, can I remind you again to use proper grammar please.
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Favourite: David Tennant IP, John Barrowman IP, Patrick Stewart IP, Catherine Tate VV.
Newest: John Simm IP, Suranne Jones IP, Jonathan Groff IP.
curly
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by curly »

I have some letters and autographed pictures from the GREAT PRESIDENT OBAMA and there in a frame and are doing fine. I also keep them (framed letters and pictures) in dark dry cool places so will this be o.k., ALSO should i just put them back in the envolope????????for safe keeping?????
rowan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by rowan »

i am still unclear about framing. my local framers say they use glass thats treated to preven fading in daylight. but theres no way to stop the autograph from touching it
mightyswagman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by mightyswagman »

i use standard sleeves for files which are about a quid for 50.are these ok?
nicole175
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by nicole175 »

ok just a question I had yet to find any acid-free photo sleeves I have looked everywhere Office Depot,Walmart,Target and had no luck :? I have some now that dont have a plastic smell are they ok to use? and I use some photo paper thingy that has a sticky backing to a plastic sheet to cover them for my odd sizes is that ok? (I havent had any issue's so far)
Most Wanted! 1.BSB,2.Miranda Lambert,3.Blake Shelton,4.Whole Twilight Cast,5.TNA & WWE Crew,6.Jason Aldean,7.Haley Mills,8.Bobby Jindale,9.Mercy Me,10.Aaron Carter
(if you have a working address to help with this plz pm letting me know thanks)
Made by me!
http://www.thegraphicsshop.co.cc/
site made and owned by me!
Graphicmaker1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Graphicmaker1 »

I got my first autograph ever today and I'm keeping it between the cardboard in the envelope right now. I read somewhere that I could frame the autograph if I put it on a double matted frame so then the photo won't touch the glass and it would be safe, is this true? I still have to look for acid free sleeves which is hard to find in Hong Kong. Also how long can I keep the photo in the envelope before ruining it because it'll be a while till I can afford to buy something to keep it in.
Current Request(s): None.
Most Wanted: Jensen Ackles, Jared Padalecki, Misha Collins, Matt Bomer, Tim Dekay.
TexasFright
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by TexasFright »

Idk, all my autographs are framed in my office. There is never any direct sunlight in there but it isn't totally black.. I have like 45 8 x10 photo's framed, I used black $1 frames from the dollar store. I have like 14 11x17 and 9 or 10 11x14 posters that are framed in $4 mainstay frames from walmart...Also have a few 27x40 movie posters that are framed with a plastic $20 movie poster frame. I have other ones that are kept in clear 8x10 sleeves in a bin in the closet. I have them up for a few years, no issues. If I ever saw anything getting effected or changing I would pull them all down and reevaluate my framing situation. To be honest I can't justify spending more for framing then I do on the autographs,