Getting autographs TTM from the UK POSTAGE QUESTION

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
Garakplainsimple
$10 gift certificate winner

Getting autographs TTM from the UK POSTAGE QUESTION

Post by Garakplainsimple »

Cheers! If i'm trying to get a 1 oz. letter from the US to the UK, i just buy an international first class stamp from the local post office. Now, if I want to include an SASE with UK postage to get it back to me...what is appropriate? I have a few royal mail 2nd class stamps...is 2 enough on a small 4x6 photo mailer? I want to send a request to David Tennant. Thanks in advance, and sorry if this is in the wrong forum...
Garakplainsimple

Re: Getting autographs TTM from the UK POSTAGE QUESTION

I was planning on buying more UK postage on ebay. They have 1st and 2nd class stamps available.
Morphindel
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Morphindel »

http://www.royalmail.com/price-finder

Alternatively, if you have any English notes, a £5 should cover a 4X6 pretty easily
Recent Successes:
Jessica Chastain, Saoirse Ronan!<3 (TTM), Uzo Aduba, Laura Carmichael & Zawe Ashton (ip), Jane Horrocks, Gemma Arterton, Jim Broadbent, Lucy Liu, Christina Ricci, Andres Muschietti, Bill Skarsgard, and the cast of IT, Ian McKellen, Noomi Rapace (VV), MST3K/Rifftrax main cast (Mike Nelson, Bill Corbett, Kevin Murphy), Geddy Lee (ip)
UKLisaW
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by UKLisaW »

It will cost £1 for Royal Mail International Standard post for a letter that size so two second class stamps (2 x 54p) will be more than enough
Sharing our autograph collection and hints and tips
https://www.facebook.com/lisastuautographs
csiny1000b
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by csiny1000b »

Hi. If your from the US, read this, if not, my apologies.
I always send fan mail to the UK. So what I do is that I write a letter from home and I sometimes put a photo, DVD cover or some item for someone to sign and I put 3-4 stamps on the envelope of the fan mail letter thats going to the UK. They always go through! Ive probably gotten over 20 successes from the UK.

Hope this helps. Good luck with getting David Tennant. Just sent fan mail to him last week.
I have so many private and email addresses: 20 private emails and 39 private addresses

IP successes: Gary Sinise(8/4/13), Garth Brooks(2005), Jeff Traxler-author and producer of the movie Memorial Day (October 2014), Michael Rooker and Karl Urban(5/2/15 at wizard world comic con), Michael Biehn and Chris Mulkey(10/25/15 at Crypticon Minneapolis), Falk Henschel, Franz Drameh, James Marsters, David Ramsey(5/7/16 Wizard World Minneapolis)

2016 successes: David Eigenberg(x2), Candice Patton, Scott Bakula, Arnold Schwarzenegger, President Barack Obama, JK Rowling, David Dastmalchian, Octavian Kaul

Autograph successes: over 250 successes

2015 successes: 45 successes

Waiting: too many to wait for
MutantMike
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by MutantMike »

Garakplainsimple wrote:Cheers! If i'm trying to get a 1 oz. letter from the US to the UK, i just buy an international first class stamp from the local post office. Now, if I want to include an SASE with UK postage to get it back to me...what is appropriate? I have a few royal mail 2nd class stamps...is 2 enough on a small 4x6 photo mailer? I want to send a request to David Tennant. Thanks in advance, and sorry if this is in the wrong forum...

I am a pro at the UK stuff

Go to www.royalmail.com

I order 4-5 books at a time, free shipping to the States

You can get away with large letter size, an 8x10 pic, and even a frail thinner piece of board if you want. 5 stamps for your SASE

It has worked 8 times for me, not one failure, even Mr. Tennant
Garakplainsimple

Thanks guys. So, (2) 2nd class stamps on a 4x6 photo mailer will be enough to get it back to me from the UK to the US ??

Thanks!!!
kimmylee
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by kimmylee »

I don't think so.

Use the price finder already linked to. Input the weight& size and you'll get a price.

The £1 price quoted by another poster is only for letters up to 10g.

I'm pretty sure a 6x4 in a standard envelope can often be more than 10g, and I'm presuming from your posts the photo mailer is heavier than a standard envelope.
NO LONGER ACTIVE
Garakplainsimple

So I went on the site, I calculated a 1 oz. letter (this is the weight of the small photo mailer + photo inside)

1oz= 28.34952g

i then selected the drop down option for a letter with the weight between 21g-60g and got the below results.

The cheapest option is Royal Mail International Economy at 1.37 Euros or 101.49 pence, therefore:

If one 2nd class stamp = 54p, (2) 2nd class stamps equaling the value of 108 pence would cover the Royal Mail Intl. Ecconomy...??

Does the above sound right to any experienced UK to US mailers?

THANKS!
kimmylee
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by kimmylee »

Sorry that is wrong. The results are in UK £ not Euros.

Where did you get that from lol, the UK has GBP (hint, the results are shown in £ Pounds) not Euro as our currency.

So you will need 3x 0.54 2nd stamps = £1.62 to cover a £1.37 price.

Make sure you mark your SASE clearly as Economy.
NO LONGER ACTIVE