Autograph Gift

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
mwbashful18
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Autograph Gift

Post by mwbashful18 »

I am writing to the cast of 'Lord of the Rings' as well as the cast of 'Star Wars' to try to get autographs from the most important actors in those films. I am going to put together a scrapbook (hopefully) of autographs and give it to a friend as a gift. I am wondering what you guys think of it as a gift idea?
hannah_girl
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by hannah_girl »

well yeah! :) that would be a brilliant gift for your friend!!
been around the world and i have seen your love....

http://www.myspace.com/chilihannah
Mimmi
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by Mimmi »

That's a great idea.
I've done something similar to that for a few of my friends. (Making collages and getting a few autographs.)

My advice to you would be to give yourself plenty of time to get things ready to give it to your friend. Celebrities have a tendency of taking a long time to send an autograph when we really want/need it. :D

Mimmi
By BossC, please don't steal!
FlyersFan17
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by FlyersFan17 »

sounds good. just don't hold your breath on alot of Star Wars actors like Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, or Liam Neeson...

Recent success's:Wayne Gretzky,Brian Dawkins,Amanda Beard,Alexander Ovechkin,Rod Brind'Amour,RJ Umberger

My Site:
http://www.freewebs.com/kevssportsautographs/index.htm

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
nowandagain

Post by nowandagain »

That sounds like a great idea mwbashful18 :P

You'll have to give yourself plenty of time though ... it may take a while to collect a lot of autographs in the first place!!

nowandagain [rockon]
cowboys
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by cowboys »

I did a similar thing for my girlfriend's birthday this year.

She was very touched :)

And yeah - I allowed a lot of time. Sent the majority of the requests out at the beginning of the year, and her birthday was in June. Responses took anywhere from under 1 month, up to 5 months to come back.

And some that I thought I would have a very good chance of getting a success from, I'm still waiting for :shock:
loveryan

:9

Post by loveryan »

It´s a great idea!!
We sent gifts to some celebrities and they wrote us thank you :)
TheCollector

Post by TheCollector »

Hi mwbashful18 {up}

Welcome to the forum :D

That is a really great idea. I am sure your friend will love it :P

Like the others have said, allow yourself plenty of time as some celebs do take a while to respond.

I did a similar thing last year when I got a dedicated photo and a letter form my Dad's birthday from Elton John. He was really touched :)

Good luck!
Ian :mrgreen:
mwbashful18
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by mwbashful18 »

Thanks for all your responses!

Yeah, it's sorta my hope that some of them might personalize the autographs. I've researched many of them on here and luckily, Jeremy Bulloch who was Boba Fett in Star Wars is said to be very generous and personalizes, which is great as my friend's favorite Star Wars character is Boba Fett! And also I've heard John Rhys-Davies and James Earl Jones and some of the hobbits personalize. So I'm thinking it makes it extra special if some of them are able to personalize it for him. I mention in each of the letters I've written so far that I'm doing this on his behalf, though I of course give my best regards to their work. Luckily I heard of 'Faith Healer' because I had a hard time writing to Ian McDiarmid. :)

I'm not counting on Mark Hamill or Carrie Fisher or Ford, but I think it will be cool if I pull of Vader and Ewan McGregor and Boba Fett and such. And then the Fellowship from LotR as well as the directors. And also Gollum.
Favorite Actor: Alan Rickman/Clive Owen
Favorite Actress: Meryl Streep/Kate Winslet
Favorite Sports Star: Andy Roddick
Favorite Singer/Band: Coldplay
Favorite Author: JK Rowling
FlyersFan17
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by FlyersFan17 »

mwbashful18 wrote:Thanks for all your responses!

Yeah, it's sorta my hope that some of them might personalize the autographs. I've researched many of them on here and luckily, Jeremy Bulloch who was Boba Fett in Star Wars is said to be very generous and personalizes, which is great as my friend's favorite Star Wars character is Boba Fett! And also I've heard John Rhys-Davies and James Earl Jones and some of the hobbits personalize. So I'm thinking it makes it extra special if some of them are able to personalize it for him. I mention in each of the letters I've written so far that I'm doing this on his behalf, though I of course give my best regards to their work. Luckily I heard of 'Faith Healer' because I had a hard time writing to Ian McDiarmid. :)

I'm not counting on Mark Hamill or Carrie Fisher or Ford, but I think it will be cool if I pull of Vader and Ewan McGregor and Boba Fett and such. And then the Fellowship from LotR as well as the directors. And also Gollum.
Oh Definately. I'm happy with all of the Star Wars people that do sign. Obi Wan,Darth Vader and Boba Fett are some of the best Star Wars characters anyways. Kenny Baker signs I beleive ( R2-D2). Ray Park signs I beleive ( Darth Maul). ... if I can remember anymore I'll sure tell you.. I love Star Wars but since most actors live in England and I don't have any stamps to there.. I stopped trying to get their auto's.

Recent success's:Wayne Gretzky,Brian Dawkins,Amanda Beard,Alexander Ovechkin,Rod Brind'Amour,RJ Umberger

My Site:
http://www.freewebs.com/kevssportsautographs/index.htm

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]