Julie Andrews (Purchased) Success/Question

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
MGonzo
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Julie Andrews (Purchased) Success/Question

Post by MGonzo »

The other day I was browsing Books A Million when I came across a first edition copy of Julie Andrews memoir 'Home' on the bargain shelf. Turns out it was signed!! It appears to be authentic to me, but since it didn't have any sticker or anything stating it was signed by her, I am wondering what you all think about it? Thanks!

Received
Authentic: Josh Groban, Tony Bennett, Samantha Barks, Alfie Boe, Sierra Boggess, Carl Reiner, Rose Marie, Henry Winkler, Michael Caine, Emily Kinney, Bill Farmer, Josh Young, Vic Damone, Ramin Karimloo, Andrew Lincoln, Kathryn Beaumont, Billy Crystal, Carol Coombs, Karolyn Grimes, Barbara Feldon, Yvonne Strahovski, Jim Davis, Simon Pegg, Carol Burnett, Robert Clary, Richard M. Sherman, Tony Anselmo, Don Rickles, Elinor Donahue, Eddie Redmayne, Florence Henderson, Dawn Wells, Ian McKellen, Jennifer Morrison, Josh Dallas, David Newell, Don Iwerks, Si Robertson, Aaron Eckhart, Tim Allen, Geoffrey Rush, Keira Knightley, Frank Oz, Steve Whitmire, Fran Brill, Kevin Clash, Caroll Spinney, Jerry Nelson, Georgie Henley, Skander Keynes, Rick Goldschmidt, Henry Cavill, Amanda Seyfried

Authentic Books: Jimmy Stewart, Dick Van Dyke, Mary Tyler Moore, Si Robertson, Julie Andrews, Martin Short, Don Iwerks, Dr. Ben Carson, Neil Patrick Harris, Drew Barrymore, Billy Crystal
therantguy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Julie Andrews (Purchased) Success/Question

Post by therantguy »

I have a copy of her children's book she signed for me...the signature is pretty much identical to yours...and I was standing two feet from her when she signed it...so I'd say it's authentic.
Fave IP - Karl Urban, John Astin, Nathan Fillion, Ron Perlman, Bruce Boxleitner, Elvira, Neil Gaiman, GRRM, Stephen King, James Hong, Gillian Anderson, Patrick Stewart, Summer Glau, Jewel Staite, Alan Tudyk, Gina Torres, Peter Beagle, Guillermo Del Toro, Edward James Olmos, Dave Bautista, Michael Rooker, Bruce Campbell, Hilary Clinton

Fave TTM - Leslie Neilson, Dakota Fanning, Peter Sallis, Donald Gibb (Ogre from Revenge of the Nerds), Dana Delaney, James Earl Jones, Jason Wingreen, Maureen O'Hara, Melissa Joan Hart, Warren Stevens (Forbidden Planet), Frank Oz, Piers Anthony

Most Desired - James Caan, Gene Wilder
x.ames.x
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by x.ames.x »

Definitely authentic! I have her signature also in a book

What an amazing find! Well done
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi MGonzo :)

Thank you for your feedback {up}

{star} Julie Andrews on Fanmail.biz | Previous Feedback(s) Received

Fanmail 8)
sjf13
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by sjf13 »

Awesome. I was bummed to get the "she doesn't sign except in person anymore" letter from her recently. Jealous. Nice find!
MGonzo
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by MGonzo »

Thanks for your help guys!
Received
Authentic: Josh Groban, Tony Bennett, Samantha Barks, Alfie Boe, Sierra Boggess, Carl Reiner, Rose Marie, Henry Winkler, Michael Caine, Emily Kinney, Bill Farmer, Josh Young, Vic Damone, Ramin Karimloo, Andrew Lincoln, Kathryn Beaumont, Billy Crystal, Carol Coombs, Karolyn Grimes, Barbara Feldon, Yvonne Strahovski, Jim Davis, Simon Pegg, Carol Burnett, Robert Clary, Richard M. Sherman, Tony Anselmo, Don Rickles, Elinor Donahue, Eddie Redmayne, Florence Henderson, Dawn Wells, Ian McKellen, Jennifer Morrison, Josh Dallas, David Newell, Don Iwerks, Si Robertson, Aaron Eckhart, Tim Allen, Geoffrey Rush, Keira Knightley, Frank Oz, Steve Whitmire, Fran Brill, Kevin Clash, Caroll Spinney, Jerry Nelson, Georgie Henley, Skander Keynes, Rick Goldschmidt, Henry Cavill, Amanda Seyfried

Authentic Books: Jimmy Stewart, Dick Van Dyke, Mary Tyler Moore, Si Robertson, Julie Andrews, Martin Short, Don Iwerks, Dr. Ben Carson, Neil Patrick Harris, Drew Barrymore, Billy Crystal
WaltG123
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by WaltG123 »

This really should be in "Is My Autograph Authentic", since it's not Feedback.

Good to see that admin is on that.

Oh, wait...
admin wrote:Hi MGonzo :)

Thank you for your feedback {up}

{star} Julie Andrews on Fanmail.biz | Previous Feedback(s) Received

Fanmail 8)
:roll:

So actual FB gets moved to IMAA? & the post that belongs there stays in FB?

I see, he's purposely trying to run his forum into the ground! Now it makes sense.
WaltG123 != WaltG123. & WaltG123,

There's a difference between blue text & a URL, ****. Those who can't read will be added to my ignore list.

WaltG123 wrote:
WaltG123. wrote:Actually it's just occurred to me. Nobody but her will know why she's signed it twice so please ignore my silly question. :oops:

Awww, how cute. Someone who thinks that people will be dumb enough to believe that they're me, despite the blatant period & completely different post numbers.

And, of course, the obvious fact that if, if it were me, I would've edited the post, not replied to it. Not to mention it's not necessarily true that "nobody but her will know why she signed it twice" & I'm smart enough to know that.

Not to mention the grammatical mistakes.

But, please, carry on. You can help me find more people to add to my ignore list. I don't need to be bothered reading posts by users that are stupid enough to believe that these 2 accounts are the same. I appreciate the help in weeding out the ****. So thank you. :D
macaoidh

Post by macaoidh »

WaltG123, although you are correct that this should be in "is my autograph authentic", you are wrong in the way you bring this to other members attention. We are here for the joy of collecting autographs and most posts that I see from you are putting others down or being rude. Please stop! If you can't then maybe this isn't the forum for you.

Thanks
Macaoidh
MGonzo
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by MGonzo »

My bad. Still new here.
Received

WaltG123
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by WaltG123 »

macaoidh wrote:WaltG123, although you are correct that this should be in "is my autograph authentic", you are wrong in the way you bring this to other members attention. We are here for the joy of collecting autographs and most posts that I see from you are putting others down or being rude. Please stop! If you can't then maybe this isn't the forum for you.

Thanks
Macaoidh
I wasn't rude at all in the way I brought it to anyone's attention.
WaltG123 wrote:This really should be in "Is My Autograph Authentic", since it's not Feedback.
Nope, no rudeness there, and that's how I brought it to their attention.

Please, tell us all: what's so rude about that sentence?

ETA: Not to mention that it's perfectly true that FB posts that don't have an address are moved there for no reason while this post that belongs there stayed here.
WaltG123 != WaltG123. & WaltG123,

There's a difference between blue text & a URL, ****. Those who can't read will be added to my ignore list.

WaltG123 wrote:
WaltG123. wrote:Actually it's just occurred to me. Nobody but her will know why she's signed it twice so please ignore my silly question. :oops:

Awww, how cute. Someone who thinks that people will be dumb enough to believe that they're me, despite the blatant period & completely different post numbers.

And, of course, the obvious fact that if, if it were me, I would've edited the post, not replied to it. Not to mention it's not necessarily true that "nobody but her will know why she signed it twice" & I'm smart enough to know that.

Not to mention the grammatical mistakes.

But, please, carry on. You can help me find more people to add to my ignore list. I don't need to be bothered reading posts by users that are stupid enough to believe that these 2 accounts are the same. I appreciate the help in weeding out the ****. So thank you. :D