Sending multiple photos

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
tresdoll
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Sending multiple photos

Post by tresdoll »

Just out of curiosity, why would you send more than one photo for someone to sign? I send only one, unless there's a rare occasion where I'm asking for something special for a friend or sibling. Isn't it enough that the celeb is signing one photo? Why the multiples? I'm truly not trying to insult anyone here, just trying to understand. :?
fromuk2014
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Sending multiple photos

Post by fromuk2014 »

Personally I sent 3 12x8's if the celebrity has a catalogue of movies that I like then I choose 3 posters of stills from those movies and ask politely if they would signed them, as already mentioned it's usually because I can't decide on just one and most of the time they will be dedicated.
Gomez1234
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Gomez1234 »

If I'm just sending for me I always send two. The reason varies. Sometimes they're in more than one movie that I like, sometimes it's a face shot and one as their character. It's also an OCD thing, which explains why I have two of the same picture of Rachel Nichols. If I'm sending for me and my kids then it's one each.
Currently have: Katie Sackhoff, David Copperfield, Betty White, Fran Drescher, Carly Rae Jepsen (Cinderella playbill with cast), Mike Rowe (Eagle Scout letter), Jay Leno, Barbara Eden, Laker Girls, Jaqueline Bisset, Sophia Loren, Ann Coulter, Lani Minella, Lynda Carter, Edward James Olmos, Chuck Norris, Scorpion cast, Joanna Cameron, Weird Al Yankovick, Harry Dean Stanton, Veronica Cartwright, Rachel Nichols, Honor Blackman, Teri Garr, George R.R. Martin, Mindy Robinson, Tom Skerritt, Natalie Skyy, Penn and Teller, Paula Labaredas, Laura Hall, Jeri Ryan, Charlotte McKinney, Sandahl Bergman, Jaclyn Smith, Julie Adams, Mary Costa, Jane Seymour, Nancy Kovack.

Assorted cheerleader squads: Laker Girls, Indianapolis Colts, N.Y. Knick Dancers, Miami Dolphins, Kansas City Chiefs, Dallas Stars, Milwaukee Bucks, Baltimore Ravens, Miami HEAT Dancers, Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Nenanah
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Nenanah »

Personally I try to not use more than three pictures, I get nervous that if I use more than that they will think I'm just out to sell their signatures on Ebay.
kimmylee
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by kimmylee »

If I am sending 2 it's because I genuinely can't decide which to send, I explain this in the letter, ask them to pick their favourite if they only sign one and ask for personalisation.

I really don't see myself why anyone would send more than 2.
NO LONGER ACTIVE