Wedding Invites...

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
MrJL
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Wedding Invites...

Post by MrJL »

My fiance' and I are planning to send a number of invites to celebs. We're in a LD relationship and often times watch the same programs at the same time and then talk on the phone afterwards to rehash the show, etc...Music is also one of those things that helps close the miles (600+). So we thought it only fitting to send invites those people who have helped us feel closer even though we're over 10 hours apart.

Anyone else ever sent wedding invites? Results?
Joeay
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Wedding Invites...

Post by Joeay »

MrJL wrote:My fiance' and I are planning to send a number of invites to celebs. We're in a LD relationship and often times watch the same programs at the same time and then talk on the phone afterwards to rehash the show, etc...Music is also one of those things that helps close the miles (600+). So we thought it only fitting to send invites those people who have helped us feel closer even though we're over 10 hours apart.

Anyone else ever sent wedding invites? Results?
No offence but I think it's quite silly to invite celebs to any private celebration. At the end of the day, it's personal and you don't really know these people.
chewytoffee
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by chewytoffee »

Welcome to fanmail.biz MrJL {up}

It's an interesting idea, but I can't help but think that the celebs who read your letter might not take it seriously. Also their are sercurity issues (depending on who the celeb is) and you might just get a "thanks but no thanks" reply, if one at all.

I would suggest that you just send letters to various celebs who have brought you together, and simply thank them for this and just leave it at that.

Paul :D

The Police Reunion Tour
16th October MEN Arena

UPDATED: 22/05/07
MrJL
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by MrJL »

We're really only "expecting" one to show - and even he is iffy - as we're friends with him.

The rest are more...We want to show, something beyond a letter...To show how special they've been in our lives.

We figure on including a letter explaining why we're inviting them, as well. :) And we are including the reply card, with a SASE. :) If they chose to reply or not is up to them. :)

And, just as an aside, this is actually common practice, believe it or not. Inviting celebs. Have even found a handfull who have 'special' things for invites.

We get that it's just not some people'l cup-o-tea, tho. :)
chewytoffee
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by chewytoffee »

MrJL wrote:
And, just as an aside, this is actually common practice, believe it or not. Inviting celebs. Have even found a handfull who have 'special' things for invites.
Well if that's is the case then, I wish you all the luck in the world!

Hope all goes well,

Paul :D

The Police Reunion Tour
16th October MEN Arena

UPDATED: 22/05/07
MrJL
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by MrJL »

I'll be posting with any successes/failures and hopefully even adding a few addresses, as well...Have a few resources, but...

Dayum. This is the largest free source I've found...Anywhere. :D

Way to go, guys. :D
sabrewulf
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by sabrewulf »

This thread really made me giggle :D

Can you imagine walking down the isle and seeing Tom Cruise sitting next to your auntie and Johnny Depp sitting next to your gran.

Classic! {up}

:lol:
!! Never Give Up Hope On Your Requests !!

My Longest Success So Far : 398 days
MrJL
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by MrJL »

sabrewulf wrote:This thread really made me giggle :D

Can you imagine walking down the isle and seeing Tom Cruise sitting next to your auntie and Johnny Depp sitting next to your gran.

Classic! {up}

:lol:
We may have a M*A*S*H star doing just that. :D I'm buddies with one of them, going to invite him, but...Not sure if he'll show or not. Likely not, but he's just teh kinda down-to-earth guy...That he just may. LoL
tomlavin
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by tomlavin »

PMSLMAO!

:lol: :lol: