THE FLASH/GRANT GUSTIN QUESTION (WEIRD)

Are you unsure if your autograph is authentic or not? Post it in here and the Fanmail.biz community will try to clear it up for you.
caitlinrosee
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

THE FLASH/GRANT GUSTIN QUESTION (WEIRD)

Post by caitlinrosee »

So I always save all of my envelopes - I don't know why, because it's not like I know who they're from once the photo is out, but I like to. Anyway, I was putting some of my recent successes away when I noticed something on the back of my envelope from Tom Cavanagh, who I received a success from via The Flash.
On the back, the return address was hand-written, as was a note saying "Hi Caitlin! -GG"
My first thought was "Haha that's like Gossip Girl. How weird."
And then I was like, "Wait, those initials are very familiar!"
Thoughts?

Uploaded with surfmypictures
Most Wanted: BMW/GMW Cast (Have: Topanga*; Harley Keiner*, Maya Hart, MISTER FEENY, Dean Bolander), OUAT & OUATiW cast (Have: Charming, Jefferson*, Elsa* x2, Anna* x2, Peter Pan, EMMA SWAN, Robin Hood*, Zelena*, Prince Philip, White Rabbit, Jabberwocky, Belle, Rumple, SNOW WHITE*), The Office cast (Have: Jim*, Pam*x2, Dwight*, Creed*, Phyllis*, David Wallace*, Oscar, Ryan, Nellie, Pete, Penny Beesly), Original Degrassi:TNG Cast (with some extras who came later but who I really liked)(Have: Craig*, Angela/Tori, Sean, Peter, Manny, JT, Jane), Gossip Girl cast (Have: Dan Humphrey*, Juliet Sharp*, Agnes Andrews*), Orange is the New Black cast (Have: Daya, Piper, Yoga Jones, Morello, Gloria), Teen Wolf cast (Have: Scott McCall*, Peter Hale*, Kira*, Sheriff Stilinski*x2; Melissa McCall*; Lydia*; Derek x2*; Coach*; Ethan*; Chris Argent x3*x; Victoria Argent x2*; Jennifer Blake*; Liam), The Flash cast (Have: Iris, Caitlin, Eddie, Dr. Wells)

* - At least one IP.
vivalakayla
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Re: THE FLASH/GRANT GUSTIN QUESTION (WEIRD)

Post by vivalakayla »

Weird indeed. No idea. I do know in his signature his G's look nothing like that. But I have no idea what his G's look like printed.
AnneBoleyn
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Hi Caitlin! :D
My personal opinion is when Tom was doing all this fanmail/reply stuff (probably on set, or at least some time @ the studios) Grant was messing around and wanted to be sassy and nice :lol: :oops: :mrgreen:
I can imagine he wrote that as we send the fanmail to the address of the studios :shock: :roll:
Most Wanted Autographs: Joaquin Phoenix, Henry Cavill, Felicity Jones, Emily Blunt, Isla Fisher, Camilla Luddington, Michael C Hall.

My Favourite Autographs: Adam Young (Owl City), Calvin Harris, Cheryl Fernandez-Versini, James Purefoy, Joseph Morgan, Natalie Dormer, Sebastian Vettel, Roger Federer, Breanne Düren, Guy Mezger, Petr Cech, Kerry Dixon.
csiny1000b
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by csiny1000b »

THATS DEFINETELY GRANT'S INITIALS! THATS SO COOL!
I have so many private and email addresses: 20 private emails and 39 private addresses

IP successes: Gary Sinise(8/4/13), Garth Brooks(2005), Jeff Traxler-author and producer of the movie Memorial Day (October 2014), Michael Rooker and Karl Urban(5/2/15 at wizard world comic con), Michael Biehn and Chris Mulkey(10/25/15 at Crypticon Minneapolis), Falk Henschel, Franz Drameh, James Marsters, David Ramsey(5/7/16 Wizard World Minneapolis)

2016 successes: David Eigenberg(x2), Candice Patton, Scott Bakula, Arnold Schwarzenegger, President Barack Obama, JK Rowling, David Dastmalchian, Octavian Kaul

Autograph successes: over 250 successes

2015 successes: 45 successes

Waiting: too many to wait for
Ari_A.11
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Ari_A.11 »

By any chance can you tell us where you sent it to? Also, what did you write in your letter because I dont want to write something too long that they won't read but I don't want to write something too short either. Please respond!!
Hartster
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Hartster »

In general, there's nothing wrong with, "I am an admirer of your work, having seen you in ----, could you please sign the enclosed photo (or DVD cover, or trading card) and return it in the provided SASE? This would be much appreciated. Best regards, (your name)."

More times than not, people have assistants to help them with autograph requests, and there's no guarantee that your letter will be read. Most likely a stack of items with notes on personalizations (if any) will be handed to the celebrity, which will then be handed back to the assistant to mail out.
Space enthusiast w/a Sharpie! Ex-journalist. Published in British Interplanetary Society's Spaceflight and National Geographic Traveler magazines; also NASA's Scientist-Astronauts, Freedom 7: The Historic Flight of Alan B. Shepard books and contributor to The Star Trek Encyclopedia: A Reference Guide to the Future and the A Matter of Time: The Unauthorized Back to the Future Lexicon among others. Follow me at @HBSastrowardoyo, check out my astronaut and other space travelers autograph collection at https://www.flickr.com/photos/45855752@ ... 973452526/
caitlinrosee
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by caitlinrosee »

I agree with ^ that post, but if someone's work has been especially important to you in some way, there is nothing wrong with writing a bit more of a personalized letter!
Most Wanted: BMW/GMW Cast (Have: Topanga*; Harley Keiner*, Maya Hart, MISTER FEENY, Dean Bolander), OUAT & OUATiW cast (Have: Charming, Jefferson*, Elsa* x2, Anna* x2, Peter Pan, EMMA SWAN, Robin Hood*, Zelena*, Prince Philip, White Rabbit, Jabberwocky, Belle, Rumple, SNOW WHITE*), The Office cast (Have: Jim*, Pam*x2, Dwight*, Creed*, Phyllis*, David Wallace*, Oscar, Ryan, Nellie, Pete, Penny Beesly), Original Degrassi:TNG Cast (with some extras who came later but who I really liked)(Have: Craig*, Angela/Tori, Sean, Peter, Manny, JT, Jane), Gossip Girl cast (Have: Dan Humphrey*, Juliet Sharp*, Agnes Andrews*), Orange is the New Black cast (Have: Daya, Piper, Yoga Jones, Morello, Gloria), Teen Wolf cast (Have: Scott McCall*, Peter Hale*, Kira*, Sheriff Stilinski*x2; Melissa McCall*; Lydia*; Derek x2*; Coach*; Ethan*; Chris Argent x3*x; Victoria Argent x2*; Jennifer Blake*; Liam), The Flash cast (Have: Iris, Caitlin, Eddie, Dr. Wells)

* - At least one IP.