Hobby

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
pocoslim
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Hobby

Post by pocoslim »

Collecting signed photographs and autographs is a hobby, with some an obsession , but not for financial gain. We do it
because we are truly fans !
caappy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Hobby

Post by caappy »

You are correct.. a number of celebrities and athletes have become leery about signing for free or through the mail cause they have found those same autographs on ebay and other places being sold.. It is a hobby, they are doing you a favor by signing for you.. I enjoy going to the mailbox and seeing what the postman has dropped off.. Good luck to all .....
Johntheblue9
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Johntheblue9 »

Well said!
Favourite successes: Ricky Gervais (x3), Emilia Clarke, Felicity Jones, Sophie Turner, Billy Connolly, Michael Caine, Henry Cavill, Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, Ozzy Osbourne, Michael Palin, Sting, Brian May, Sean Bean, Natalie Dormer, David Tennant. Stephen Fry, Peter Kay, Stephen Merchant, Tim Minchin, Terry Gilliam, Kenny Baker, Johnny Wilkinson, Jeremy Bulloch, Ed Skrein, Iain Glenn, Stephen Dillane

Recently sent out to: Lin Manuel Miranda and Bryan Cranston

Most Wanted: Emma Stone, Margot Robbie, Ryan Gosling, Leonardo DiCaprio, Mark Hamill, Kit Harington, Andrew Lincoln, Jim Carrey, Peter Dinklage, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Lena Headey, Jesse Eisenberg
tara
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by tara »

You are very right but try not to post topics like this in the Feedback section. Try posting them in the Autograph Collecting Discussion section. Just letting you know because it will probably end up getting moved later.
In Person Successes=Thomas Mann November 28th, 2014 Black Friday
Most Recent TTM Success= Tim Hawkins June 6th, 2015
whizzy1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by whizzy1 »

Boil it all down and this is a beggars hobby... all other hobbies you don't have to ask someone to do something for you. 99.9 % of fans admire people movies music art ect and don't care about a signature.... but we beg for our hobby. Disney pins traders are sort of like the freeloading beggars that autograph collectors are trying to get rare pins from Disney employees and giving them some common POS for trade.
Love,
One of you beggars
Newbie007
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Newbie007 »

whizzy1 wrote:Boil it all down and this is a beggars hobby... all other hobbies you don't have to ask someone to do something for you. 99.9 % of fans admire people movies music art ect and don't care about a signature.... but we beg for our hobby. Disney pins traders are sort of like the freeloading beggars that autograph collectors are trying to get rare pins from Disney employees and giving them some common POS for trade.
Love,
One of you beggars
Rubbish! Many of us request, not beg. Many buy autographs, we don't beg for someone to sign. Many Disney pin collectors buy their pins too, hardly free. There are plenty of hobbies where you have to ask people. No sir (or madam), you are not one of me {down} [us]
johnnylightninglives
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by johnnylightninglives »

Most celebrities personalize autographs TTM because they have the time to do so when not in person which makes them worthless to sell anyways which I like since like the original poster said this is a hobby and I am not in it for any financial gain just the opposite actually it costs me a lot of money lol But all hobbies cost money so as far as hobbies go this one isn't that expensive. As far as the begging comment goes I disagree 100% because you are simply asking them if they would consider signing your photo and its just an accepted part of what they do for a living, People have always wanted autographs from famous people it is hardly begging for something and they can sign or not sign its totally up to them. {up} [ca] I just hate the people who get mad if someone doesn't sign or think they are entitled to that persons autograph.... I think most celebrities like to hear from their fans its just if they get too famous they cant possibly respond to everyone.