James Burton - Elvis Presley TCB Band - TTM Success.

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
michaelwsnyder
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

James Burton - Elvis Presley TCB Band - TTM Success.

Post by michaelwsnyder »

Sent a LOR, SASE, $10 donation to James Burton Foundation, and a BluRay cover on 11/24/14.
Received my item signed on 12/4/14. Used the address on return envelope.

Ashjackson
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: James Burton - Elvis Presley TCB Band - TTM Success.

Post by Ashjackson »

Congrats I am a massive Elvis fan.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi michaelwsnyder :)

Thank you for your feedback {up} Great Success :P

You have been added to the list for the $10 gift certificate.

{star} James Burton on Fanmail.biz | Previous Feedback(s) Received

Fanmail 8)
michaelwsnyder
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by michaelwsnyder »

Ashjackson wrote:Congrats I am a massive Elvis fan.
Me too, especially later Elvis, in the Jumpsuit. For a $10 donation going to musical education. Couldn't say no the leader of the TCB band.
da0604
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by da0604 »

Wasn't Glen Hardin the leader of the TCB Band?
michaelwsnyder
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by michaelwsnyder »

da0604 wrote:Wasn't Glen Hardin the leader of the TCB Band?
James Burton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Burton
- Burton organized the TCB Band, serving as its leader, and backed Presley from 1969 until Presley's death in 1977.
da0604
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by da0604 »

There were a lot of mistakes in that article. TCB wasn't an actual band, per say, that was hired to play for EP. They were individuals hired for his return to Las Vegas. A number of individual members who were first choices were not available for the 1969 Vegas engagement, but eventually were and joined later.

EP was enamored with JB during his Ricky Nelson days, but would have actually continued to use Scotty Moore in '69 if Scotty wanted to.

Hardin wasn't with Elvis at Vegas in '69 but was the piano player when EP's "tour" comeback started in Feb. 70, Hardin arranged some during this time, most notably Let It Be Me and The Wonder of You. Starting in '72, Hardin arranged all of the live stuff and began arranging studio material as well.

By '74, Hardin began to dislike what EP was doing in the studio, had conflicts with the Col., and had begun working with others. Hardin left by '76 to go full-time with Emmylou Harris (the article was wrong about that as well) and ran her show and arranged her music. JB stayed until the end.
michaelwsnyder
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by michaelwsnyder »

da0604 wrote:There were a lot of mistakes in that article. TCB wasn't an actual band, per say, that was hired to play for EP. They were individuals hired for his return to Las Vegas. A number of individual members who were first choices were not available for the 1969 Vegas engagement, but eventually were and joined later.

EP was enamored with JB during his Ricky Nelson days, but would have actually continued to use Scotty Moore in '69 if Scotty wanted to.

Hardin wasn't with Elvis at Vegas in '69 but was the piano player when EP's "tour" comeback started in Feb. 70, Hardin arranged some during this time, most notably Let It Be Me and The Wonder of You. Starting in '72, Hardin arranged all of the live stuff and began arranging studio material as well.

By '74, Hardin began to dislike what EP was doing in the studio, had conflicts with the Col., and had begun working with others. Hardin left by '76 to go full-time with Emmylou Harris (the article was wrong about that as well) and ran her show and arranged her music. JB stayed until the end.
So, who was leading Elvis' band after 1976 then? Also, James Burton's website says Hardin was the first person that Burton recruited for the TCB band. Regardless, how does any of this take the title of leader from James Burton? Even in the Bluray booklet, it lists James Burton's name first before Hardin's. Everthing I've read suggest that Burton assembled the band, and was its leader till Elvis' death.

T100
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by T100 »

Great pic! Love me some Elvis!
autograph hound
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by autograph hound »

Met them in Oslo last yr for "Aloha 40" event , went above & beyond duty and sgd (for free !) for an hr (take THAT in your pipe and smoke it , Monty Python !!)