Timothy West Confirmation and Thanks

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
shaun
$10 gift certificate winner

Timothy West Confirmation and Thanks

Post by shaun »

I sent a present to Timothy, along with letter and SAE asking if he recieved it by Recorded Delivery on: 2nd July 2014, and last friday I recieved my letter back from him thanking me. :D

address I used was:

Timothy West,
c/o Gavin Barker Associates,
2d, Wimpole Street,
London
W1G OEB

Here is the pic:

Uploaded with surfmypictures
banjo!
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Timothy West Confirmation and Thanks

Post by banjo! »

So bizarre...
Jammydodger
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Jammydodger »

He wrote too Nicholas parsons (quiz game host) 6 times in 6 months and Alan titchmarsh the Gardner 7 times if you look back at his and theirs posts. I find it very strange indeed I think there must be something wrong with him a bad memory and he can't remember what he has done in the passed. It's a shame I feel sorry for the guy!!!!
shaun

Post by shaun »

No im not messed up in the head actually, nor im I a fruitcake, its not fair to put comments like that at all.

Secondly I don't sell them on ebay.

Thirdly its up to me, to who and what and how many times I send to them, oh which if they had any problems with it, im sure they would say so.
MW1221
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by MW1221 »

Last edited by MW1221 on Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi shaun :)

Thank you for your feedback {up} Great Success :P

You have been added to the list for the $10 gift certificate.

{star} Timothy West on Fanmail.biz | Previous Feedback(s) Received

Fanmail 8)
Jammydodger
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Jammydodger »

Why do you send them chocolates for ? That's all we want too know. Why do you send grown men boxes of chocolates?
shaun

Post by shaun »

I send them as a thankyou for signing my items and my Q+A, i do the same with all of my requests, when i get everything back, eg Signed Photo, Q+A and 2 photos signed, i then the gift to thank them.
jpi
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jpi »

Anything edible is normally binned. Imagine - you're a celebrity's agent. You receive a random box of chocolates through the mail, addressed to your client.

Would you risk passing them on? What if they were laced with drugs? Read this (around halfway down): http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-21835118 - it shows what just one agency does with gifts.

By the way - surely one autograph is enough? Writing to the same person again and again must jeopardise everyone else's chance of getting autographs.

This is of course only my opinion - so you can choose to take notice of it, or completely ignore it. But: stick to one autograph and be happy with it. Don't try for some sort of ongoing relationship via fan mail.

I personally know a famous couple who bin all their fan mail now without reading it due to what they described as stalker fans.
flydragon
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by flydragon »

magicman1000 wrote:giving a box of chocolates to your gran for example is acceptable but sending them to celebrities isn't. It comes across as though your desperate and is a cry for help, secondly the actor feels freaked out and it clearly states on every talent agency address that the stars don't accept gifts and most of them are thrown in the bin which Jpi is trying to clearly point out to you.
so why waste your money when you know all this?
martin shaw , John nettles, and rachel riley were stalked and had to put restraining orders against those who stalked. stalking is a serious offense and can lead up to a prison sentence of six months or more depending on the seriousness of the offense.
In order to thank a celebrity for an autograph, do what every normal person does and go to an event where a celebrity is and shake their hand and say thank you. there's no point in sending boxes of chocolates its a waste of money and stupid on every level.
I agree with Jpi on this and its true, it does jeopardise other people's chances who genuinely want an autograph, think of the people who have to wait.
Listen to Jpi he's talking sense shaun.
*you're desperate