Efrem Zimbalist, Jr. Success...but a sad one.

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
darth scranton
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Efrem Zimbalist, Jr. Success...but a sad one.

Post by darth scranton »

Efrem Zimbalist, Jr., American actor (Alfred on "Batman: The Animated Series")

Seeing that he was a great signer in the past, I took a chance and sent a letter to his private address, telling him what a big impact B:TAS had on me and my life. I have been watching Batman since I was about four years old, and I've always thought of him as the best Alfred ever. I'll always hear his voice reading Batman comics.

I wrote to Mr. Zimbalist on April 22, 2014, and was thrilled to receive my photo back, signed and wonderfully personalized, on May 2, 2014. It was neat to receive this the same week as Jonathan Freeman, as they are both voice actors who began their roles in 1992, and I have been watching their work ever since! Also, born in 1918, he is currently the oldest actor I have received an autograph from!

But just as I was logging in to post this, I read the incredibly sad news from the same day I received this. Unfortunately, Mr. Zimbalist passed away today. I'm pretty stunned. This also makes him the first person in my autograph collection who is no longer with us. He was a great actor who will be missed.

Photo: Image
Favs: Andrew Garfield, Nathan Lane, Tom Hanks, Lin-Manuel Miranda, Jake Odmark, Nicole Sullivan, Allison Janney, Pierce Brosnan, Brendon Urie, David Hyde Pierce, Aaron Tveit, Phyllis Smith, Dallon Weekes, Cate Blanchett, Anna Kendrick, Jeremy Irons, Roger Moore, Michael Caine, Lori Loughlin, Lily Tomlin, Zachary Levi, Cory Michael Smith, Kathy Najimy, David Mazouz, Eddie Redmayne, Kristin Chenoweth, Jimmy Smits, Nick Offerman, Tom Hardy, Martin Sheen, Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Ian McDiarmid, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Charlie McDermott, Amy Poehler, Emma Thompson, Efrem Zimbalist, Chris Hardwick, Rupert Grint, Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, Daniel Craig, Jim Broadbent, Jenna Fischer, Ben Whishaw, Helen Mirren, Patricia Heaton, James/Oliver Phelps, Julie Walters, Carol Burnett, Adam West, Neil Flynn, Frank Oz, Daniel Radcliffe, Betty White, Maggie Smith, James Earl Jones, Tina Fey, Sheryl Crow, Judi Dench, Seth MacFarlane, Geoffrey Rush, Alan Rickman, Dick Van Dyke, John Williams
rukastar
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Efrem Zimbalist, Jr. Success...but a sad one.

Post by rukastar »

I don't post on here often, but I came across this and wanted to say how amazing I think this success is. I am not familiar with the person in question at all, but everything about what you said I found really touching. It's incredible he took the time to write what he did and was able to appreciate your letter.
darth scranton
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by darth scranton »

Thank you very much! My parents have known him for a long time for his older shows ("The FBI," for example), but I have always known him first and foremost as Alfred. Batman: The Animated Series came on five days after I turned five, and it has been one of my favorite shows ever since. I had every toy, comic, video I could get as a kid, and I have the DVDs as an adult today. In fact, I have been rewatching the entire series for the last week or so. I couldn't pass up an opportunity to share with him what an impact he'd had on me, even though I felt a little guilty bothering a 95 year old man with my silly memories.

And yet, his kind words made me feel as though I'd done something nice for him as he had for me. I was overjoyed to receive it, and so incredibly stunned to read of his passing. It was very surreal. And once again, I felt guilty for bothering him. But then I told myself that maybe it was nice for him to get another (as I know he got many) letter from a fan. It gave a new meaning to his note. Tears have been shed this evening, and again as I write this. It will always be one of my most meaningful autographs.

Thank you for your post, rukastar. It, too, meant a lot.
Favs: Andrew Garfield, Nathan Lane, Tom Hanks, Lin-Manuel Miranda, Jake Odmark, Nicole Sullivan, Allison Janney, Pierce Brosnan, Brendon Urie, David Hyde Pierce, Aaron Tveit, Phyllis Smith, Dallon Weekes, Cate Blanchett, Anna Kendrick, Jeremy Irons, Roger Moore, Michael Caine, Lori Loughlin, Lily Tomlin, Zachary Levi, Cory Michael Smith, Kathy Najimy, David Mazouz, Eddie Redmayne, Kristin Chenoweth, Jimmy Smits, Nick Offerman, Tom Hardy, Martin Sheen, Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Ian McDiarmid, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Charlie McDermott, Amy Poehler, Emma Thompson, Efrem Zimbalist, Chris Hardwick, Rupert Grint, Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, Daniel Craig, Jim Broadbent, Jenna Fischer, Ben Whishaw, Helen Mirren, Patricia Heaton, James/Oliver Phelps, Julie Walters, Carol Burnett, Adam West, Neil Flynn, Frank Oz, Daniel Radcliffe, Betty White, Maggie Smith, James Earl Jones, Tina Fey, Sheryl Crow, Judi Dench, Seth MacFarlane, Geoffrey Rush, Alan Rickman, Dick Van Dyke, John Williams
countpaul
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by countpaul »

Congrats...I didnt hear he had passed away. His daughter is Stephanie Zimbalist from Remington Steele.
I Love to Collect....and right now I'm specializing in Star Wars autographs!!
countpaul
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by countpaul »

He also appeared on that show several times as well as on 77 Sunset Strip.
I Love to Collect....and right now I'm specializing in Star Wars autographs!!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi darth scranton :)

Thank you for your feedback {up}

{star} Efrem Zimbalist Jr. on Fanmail.biz | Previous Feedback(s) Received

Fanmail 8)
darth scranton
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by darth scranton »

You're right, countpaul, and his daughter Stephanie also voiced a character once on Batman: The Animated Series, as well!