UK --> France. Return Postage Advice?

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
lennon890
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

UK --> France. Return Postage Advice?

Post by lennon890 »

Hello!

I have an autograph request I want to send off to France (and Canada) and I like in the United Kingdom.

I've not sent any international ones for a few years now, and previously there would have been no problem with this as I'd simply place a few IRCs in the envelope for the return postage.

Unfortunatly (I'm 99% sure) IRCs aren't sold in the UK anymore which causes a problem..

Opinions.. would your personally enclosed €5, despite Royal Mail website advising against this. Or buy some French postage stamps throught the La Poste website? I wish Royal Mail/The Post Office would sort this problem out.. I've seen various messages where people have asked them directly for advice, to no avail though.

If the option with the French stamps is better then could somebody please tell me which stamp(s) I'd need to buy from the following website..

http://timbres.laposte.fr/af/home.do;js ... 3BC4.node7

Much appreciated!

-Lennon890 {up}
Genuine autographs: 111
Pre-prints/auto pen autographs: 5
In person successes: 5

Favorite Successes: Ringo Starr, Brian May, Charlie Watts, Pet Shop Boys, Neil Robertson, Ralph Fiennes, Peter Kay, Clifton James, Steve Davies, Cynthia Lennon, George Foreman, Ian McKellen, Carol Decker and Joan Collins
Waiting for: 80+ Adam Baldwin, Jeff Goldblum, Gene Wilder, Richard Ashcroft, Christopher Walken, John Higgins..
eternity
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: UK --> France. Return Postage Advice?

Post by eternity »

You can buy any stamps on the website, the total amount should be aproximatively 1.5 euros per enveloppe.
My Youtube page
My Autographs page
Most wanted : Hugh Jackman, Christian Bale, James McAvoy
Foxes96
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Foxes96 »

I just bought some French stamps off eBay {up}

However, took me a while to work out how many stamps I need to actually put on to mail a letter back, still don't know if I put the right amount on :?
adamk2 wrote:Pleasure doing business with you!

Favourite Autograph in my collection: Tom Felton
Most Wanted: Paul McCartney
renef09
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by renef09 »

lennon890 wrote:Hello!

I have an autograph request I want to send off to France (and Canada) and I like in the United Kingdom.

I've not sent any international ones for a few years now, and previously there would have been no problem with this as I'd simply place a few IRCs in the envelope for the return postage.

Unfortunatly (I'm 99% sure) IRCs aren't sold in the UK anymore which causes a problem..

Opinions.. would your personally enclosed €5, despite Royal Mail website advising against this. Or buy some French postage stamps throught the La Poste website? I wish Royal Mail/The Post Office would sort this problem out.. I've seen various messages where people have asked them directly for advice, to no avail though.

If the option with the French stamps is better then could somebody please tell me which stamp(s) I'd need to buy from the following website..

http://timbres.laposte.fr/af/home.do;js ... 3BC4.node7

Much appreciated!

-Lennon890 {up}
You could get stamps or put some money to cover postage.
Collector from Asunción, Paraguay TTM: J. Williams, E. Morricone, F. Beckenbauer, J. Dench, O. Pistorius x 2, L. Matthäus, R. Völler, O. Kahn, H. Ford PP, G. Müller, Steppenwolf, B. Borg, I. McKellen, M. Hamill, F. Rossi, R. Parfitt, G. Scarfe, G. Slick, R. Federer, J. Guldberg, T. Stahl, P. Collins, R. Ballard, P. Withers, J. Illsley, G. Martin, H. Lewis, J. Bulloch, F. Pienaar, P. Coelho, G. Sinise, S. Maier, J. Carter, L. Marini, P. Breitner, R. Stewart, B. Bardot, D. Zoff, T. Burgnich, J.E. Jones, K. Baker, J. Zanetti, M. Gorbachev, R. Bonhof, S. Thorgerson, R. Daltrey, U. Eco, W. Samuel, Sting, J. Cocker, T. Ravelli, H. Shore, J. Hurt, R. Baggio, H. Mirren, K. Spacey, K. Moss, R. Kopa, P. ?ech, J. Fontaine, R. Duvall, S. Loren, A. Ferguson, R. Astley, S. Moss, J. Reno, B. Nighy, R. Scott, M. van Basten, J. Cruyff, J. Voight, B. May, A. Moore, B. Gibb, A. Arkin, R. Plant, J. McEnroe, Roxette, Heart, B. Andersson, M. Platini, Figo, Rivellino, Pelé IP: A. Parsons, V. Mortensen
lennon890
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by lennon890 »

Foxes96 wrote:I just bought some French stamps off eBay {up}

However, took me a while to work out how many stamps I need to actually put on to mail a letter back, still don't know if I put the right amount on :?
Was it a one off item you bought or was it a buy it now item where the seller is selling many?

If so, could you please send me the URL? I want to make sure I buy the right one.

Thank you! {up}
Genuine autographs: 111
Pre-prints/auto pen autographs: 5
In person successes: 5

Favorite Successes: Ringo Starr, Brian May, Charlie Watts, Pet Shop Boys, Neil Robertson, Ralph Fiennes, Peter Kay, Clifton James, Steve Davies, Cynthia Lennon, George Foreman, Ian McKellen, Carol Decker and Joan Collins
Waiting for: 80+ Adam Baldwin, Jeff Goldblum, Gene Wilder, Richard Ashcroft, Christopher Walken, John Higgins..
Foxes96
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Foxes96 »

lennon890 wrote:
Foxes96 wrote:I just bought some French stamps off eBay {up}

Was it a one off item you bought or was it a buy it now item where the seller is selling many?

If so, could you please send me the URL? I want to make sure I buy the right one.

Thank you! {up}
Sorry! It was a one off item, but I'm sure you could search and find a bunch!
adamk2 wrote:Pleasure doing business with you!

Favourite Autograph in my collection: Tom Felton
Most Wanted: Paul McCartney