Jeremy Irons

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
royclark
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Jeremy Irons

Post by royclark »

I am writing to let you all know that I wrote to Jeremy Irons and have received a response from Ken McReddie stating that Mr Irons now charges £15.00 for his autograph. The £15 is for charity which the Prison Phoenix Trust. Apparently it brings yoga and meditation to prisoners which in turn, turns their cell into an ashram. Sorry no thanks, not a charity or a price that interests me
admin
Site Admin

Re: Jeremy Irons

Post by admin »

Hi royclark :)

Thank you for your feedback {up}

Would you have a scan of the envelope and letter you received please?
If so, you are in the run for the $10 gift certificate.

{star} Jeremy Irons on Fanmail.biz | Previous Feedback(s) Received

Fanmail 8)
MW1221
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by MW1221 »

royclark wrote:Apparently it brings yoga and meditation to prisoners which in turn, turns their cell into an ashram.
[Citation Needed]

If you actually bothered to read about the charity, you'd see that all yoga classes are paid for out of prison budgets, not at the expense of the charity.

All the charity does is offer support for prisons that are starting such programs and offering advice to prisoners who are interested in taking up the practice.

But way to distort the charity's message and flat out lie about it! {up}
george2607

Post by george2607 »

It would be interesting to know how much they get from him doing this. It would also be interesting to know if he gives any thing to them on his own?

I haven't checked yet but I doubt if his autograph brings that much on the open market, Anyone know what the shops in London charge for him????
george2607
MW1221
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by MW1221 »

george2607 wrote:It would be interesting to know how much they get from him doing this. It would also be interesting to know if he gives any thing to them on his own?

I haven't checked yet but I doubt if his autograph brings that much on the open market, Anyone know what the shops in London charge for him????
george2607
He asks that the donation be sent as a check made out to the charity, so they get 100% of every donation sent to him. I highly doubt that he would do this for a charity he doesn't support (as he gets nothing out of it), but that's none of our business, as his finances and charitable contributions are between him, his financial managers, his family, and the charities.

It's also important to note the distinction between signing in exchange for a charitable donation and selling the autograph.

He's not selling his autograph, he's providing an incentive to donate to the charity, much like PBS pledge gifts. Sure, you probably can get it cheaper elsewhere, but that's not the point. He's essentially saying "If you donate $25 to this charity, I'll send you an autograph". It's a gift in exchange for making a donation of at least $25, not a sale.
Toptottylotty
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Toptottylotty »

royclark wrote:I am writing to let you all know that I wrote to Jeremy Irons and have received a response from Ken McReddie stating that Mr Irons now charges £15.00 for his autograph. The £15 is for charity which the Prison Phoenix Trust. Apparently it brings yoga and meditation to prisoners which in turn, turns their cell into an ashram. Sorry no thanks, not a charity or a price that interests me
I don't blame you. I wouldn't help that charity either. £15 he's got too be kidding. Pah :D
Mephisto
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Mephisto »

I got Jeremy Irons via venue without paying something...
greetings

Dominique

Best success is a gift from my mother (She has over 2.000 original autographs)