Request address no help

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
cagneyfan
$10 gift certificate winner

Request address no help

Post by cagneyfan »

I have been trying to get the addresses of Lisa Loring, Ken Weatherwax and Melody Patterson in said forum with no luck. I searched google to no avail - can anyone help?
I got no lace on my undershirt!
MW1221
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Request address no help

Post by MW1221 »

cagneyfan wrote:I have been trying to get the addresses of Lisa Loring, Ken Weatherwax and Melody Patterson in said forum with no luck. I searched google to no avail - can anyone help?
http://www.fanmail.biz/mboard/viewtopic ... 7&t=316833
cagneyfan

Post by cagneyfan »

Now I think you are being unreasonable. I typed Ken's name in the search bar and got a RTS on the address so I looked on google for around an hour to no avail. I had asked previously on Request Address Forum to no avail. If there were a search bar in the forums where I could put his name in and get previous history in the last 1o years I would do it. (unless I'm missing it). Maybe you remember what happened with his address in a post from years ago but I'm not spending hours going through old posts back to 2004 - I did enough research and now I'm trying to get some help from a fellow member - so I gave this a one-time shot since the Request Forum wasn't fruitful. So why the big idiot announcement again? I don't get it - show me where on this site that would have told me not to try to get his address?
MW1221
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by MW1221 »

cagneyfan wrote:Now I think you are being unreasonable. I typed Ken's name in the search bar and got a RTS on the address so I looked on google for around an hour to no avail. I had asked previously on Request Address Forum to no avail. If there were a search bar in the forums where I could put his name in and get previous history in the last 1o years I would do it. (unless I'm missing it). Maybe you remember what happened with his address in a post from years ago but I'm not spending hours going through old posts back to 2004 - I did enough research and now I'm trying to get some help from a fellow member - so I gave this a one-time shot since the Request Forum wasn't fruitful. So why the big idiot announcement again? I don't get it - show me where on this site that would have told me not to try to get his address?
I'm not being unreasonable, you just didn't read the post.

It lists multiple websites to check for an address, as well as various words to Google with the name to come up with an address, as well as the statement that if none of those work, then the address likely isn't available for free anywhere.

Did you check every one of the multiple websites listed? Did you Google every combination suggested?

Or did you just read the title and decide to get all self-righteous and pissy?
cagneyfan

Post by cagneyfan »

Like I just said - I looked in google searches for over an hour and had no luck. I found out he was working as a grip, he did some public appearences, etc. but no address. So I was asking fellow members for help in Collecting Help Forum. You really don't make any sense to me unless you dislike me asking for help from other members only after I feel that I have exhuasted my research. Regardless, I thought this was a friendly site but if there are too many more with your attitude maybe I'd just better leave and avoid the nonsense.
MW1221
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by MW1221 »

cagneyfan wrote:Like I just said - I looked in google searches for over an hour and had no luck. I found out he was working as a grip, he did some public appearences, etc. but no address. So I was asking fellow members for help in Collecting Help Forum. You really don't make any sense to me unless you dislike me asking for help from other members only after I feel that I have exhuasted my research. Regardless, I thought this was a friendly site but if there are too many more with your attitude maybe I'd just better leave and avoid the nonsense.
You asked for help finding an address.

I posted a link that provides 7 different websites to check for an address, as well as optimal Google search terms.

I'm not sure what exactly your problem is.

Are you expecting someone to just give you the address? If that didn't happen when you posted in "Request A Celebrity Address", it's not going to happen here.

I gave you exactly what you asked for: Help finding where to look for an address.

Not everyone has a public address.

But I'm not going to do the work for you.

Did you write to Lisa through her FB page? Did you ask Ken's old address if they know how to get in touch with him now? Did you check all 7 of the listed websites? Did you Google every combination of words suggested in that post?

Did you do ANYTHING at all that is suggested in that post?

Or did you just decide to get all upset because instead of doing all that for you, I showed you a guide on how to do it yourself?

If doing everything suggested in that post doesn't yield an address, nothing will, unless you want to join a pay site. Even then, no guarantees. So I don't know what you expect us to do about that.

If you don't like that, tough, but don't take it out on me because I helpe you look for the address instead of doing all the work myself and giving it to you.

If I had it, I would. But I don't, so I'm not going to go through all that work when you're equally capable and you're the one who wants it.
MW1221
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by MW1221 »

cagneyfan wrote:...You really don't make any sense to me...
viewtopic.php?f=117&t=316833

There's a link that contains 7 websites to check for an address, as well as every Google combination you should use, and if you can't find an address with those, then there isn't a free address available.
I'm not sure what part of that "doesn't really make any sense". That seems like it makes a lot of sense.
cagneyfan

Post by cagneyfan »

It does make sense - I think we have a diffence of opinion when it comes to how much time one is going to invest in finding an address. I felt that over an hour researching an address was adequate before I could ask a fellow member to help me out. And anyway, I would help anyone out with an address if I could without them having to "pay their dues" by following your Nazi-like regime of investigation. But you must have a reason for your explosive attitude when it comes to a matter such as this and I hope you can get over it. I wish you well.
MW1221
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by MW1221 »

cagneyfan wrote:It does make sense - I think we have a diffence of opinion when it comes to how much time one is going to invest in finding an address. I felt that over an hour researching an address was adequate before I could ask a fellow member to help me out. And anyway, I would help anyone out with an address if I could without them having to "pay their dues" by following your Nazi-like regime of investigation. But you must have a reason for your explosive attitude when it comes to a matter such as this and I hope you can get over it. I wish you well.
Like I said, if I had the address, I would give it to you.

But I don't.

You asked for help finding it.

I gave it to you.

I don't know what the Nazis have to do with any of this, I don't know how I'm making you "pay your dues", and I also don't think I exploded on you at all, as I provided you with the help you requested.

You're free to ask for help at any point you want. You did so. I gave it to you.

I get that you spent over an hour looking for an address. But I'm not going to spoon feed you an address that I'd have to look for myself. So I gave you a guide on where to look and what keywords to use to optimize your searching.

If you feel like after an hour, that entitles you to someone else following that guide to get YOU an address, then fine. But that someone won't be me.

Nobody's telling you not to ask for help. What I'm telling you is that I believe in teaching you to catch your own fish, so that you might feed yourself for a lifetime, rather than feed you for a day by catching the fish for you.

Look at it like this: If you're in school and you're struggling with your homework for over an hour, so you go up to the teacher and say "Hey, I was working on this for over an hour, I can't get anywhere, can you help me?" do they pull out a calculator and do all the problems for you or do they walk you through them and show you the best way to do them?

You asked for help. You got help.

If you want the address, you'll take my advice.
If not, you'll wait for someone who does to post the address they found.

That's between you and everyone else on this board. But I'm not putting in that work to find an address that I'll never use to help someone who has decided to disregard all advice they were given in favor of whining about Nazis.
MW1221
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by MW1221 »

To put it simply:

If I were to want to write to these people, I would do everything that I'm suggesting that you do.

If none of those worked, I'd chalk it up to them not having public addresses and move on with my life.

I don't have any secret Rolodex (well, I do, but none of those names are on it). This is how I find addresses.

But I don't want to write to these people, so I'm not going to do all that. Instead, I gave everyone on the forum a step by step guide to find addresses, just like I do, using search engine optimization tips and little known databases.

You requested help finding 3 addresses.
So, I provided you a link to my step by step guide on how to find addresses.

It's in your hands now, because you're the one who was asking for help finding those addresses.