Question about asking for autograph

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
x_hayley
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Question about asking for autograph

Post by x_hayley »

I'm just typing out my letter now, is it okay to just say "i enclosed a photograph, if you have the time could you possibly autograph it and send it back?"

I don't want him to have to pay for it, though, how do I make it so that I pay for it going both ways?
acwilliams
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by acwilliams »

If you want to pay postage for the delivery and return journey then you have to include a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope.
People I am waiting for:
(Under new postage changes)
Martin O'Neill
nowandagain

Re: Question about asking for autograph

Post by nowandagain »

x_hayley wrote:I'm just typing out my letter now, is it okay to just say "i enclosed a photograph, if you have the time could you possibly autograph it and send it back?"

I don't want him to have to pay for it, though, how do I make it so that I pay for it going both ways?
Hi x_hayley :D

Your phrasing as to asking to sign a photo is fine {up}

Like acwilliams said, you should include a self addressed stamped envelope (SASE) with your letter.

This envelope will have your address as the address to send the envelope to. Stick enough stamps on it so whomever you're writing to can put the photo on your envelope and send it back.

If you're sending to someone who isn't in the country where you are, instead of sticking stamps, send some International Reply Coupons (IRC). Information about IRC's can be found here.

nowandagain [rockon]
x_hayley
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by x_hayley »

Where do I get IRCs?
cernan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by cernan »

x_hayley wrote:Where do I get IRCs?
You can purchase them at the post office.
cernan@fanmail.biz
Feel Free to PM or Email me with any questions or comments!
I will try to answer as soon as possible although that may not always be possible due to my busy schedule.