Question about Silver and Gold Sharpie?

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
sddave
$10 gift certificate winner

Question about Silver and Gold Sharpie?

Post by sddave »

I sent a photo to Madeleine Albright and today I got the photo back signed but she signed in a gold pen and it all rubbed off on the envelope. This photo was printed on HP photo paper on my home computer. The question I have is will the gold pen still rub off if I send a professionally printed glossy photo?
Thanks!

Edit: Is there any type of silver/gold sharpie that won't rub off a photo?
Received TTM: Madeleine Albright, Tim Allen, Marilyn Milian, Regis Philbin (x2), Jeff Foxworthy, Dick Cheney, Lara Spencer, Robin Roberts (GMA), Cheryl Ladd, Alan Jackson, Mamma Mia! Cast, Melissa McCarthy, Diane Sawyer, Bill Cosby, Henry Winkler (x2), Joyce DeWitt, Bob Barker, Betty White (x2), Barbara Walters, Catherine Bach, Bob Saget, Bob Schieffer, Olivia Newton-John (x2), Whoopi Goldberg, Amanda Seyfried, Alex Trebek, Jeff Dunham, Pat Sajak and Vanna White, Reba McEntire, Jay Leno, President Jimmy and Rosalyn Carter (x2), Petri Hawkins Byrd, Ann B. Davis (x2), Zach Galifianakis (x2),Florence Henderson, Jack Hanna, Candace Cameron Bure (x2), Judge Judy Scheindlin, Captain Sully Sullenberger, Holly Hoffman
In Person Success: Buddy Valastro
Others: George W. and Laura Bush, Gerald and Betty Ford, George and Eleanor McGovern, Rudy Ruettiger, Mara Wilson.
cagneyfan

Re: Question about Silver and Gold Sharpie?

Post by cagneyfan »

The surface or quality of the paper doesn't matter. It's the top surface of the sharpie that makes contact with whatever. The gold and silver sharpie ink is manufactured in a different way than the blue and black markers. They have a petrol dirivitive that makes it sort of greasy and it takes a long time to really dry. I would suggest a wax paper lining in the envelope and on the cardboard if somehow you knew you were going to get such an autograph and when received lay out flat with weights on the edges for 4 days before placing in an acid free sleeve in a binder standing up so there is no weight pressing on it. As for a gold or silver sharpie that won't rub off of a photo, I would suggest googling it and do some comparisons with the information that you gather.
I got no lace on my undershirt!