Mailing time? Help please!

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
nmate123
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Mailing time? Help please!

Post by nmate123 »

Hi! I sent a letter to Katie Krause from Hungary (Middle Europe) to the USA. She told me on twitter that she sent it back to me on 27th October, but i didn't get it. How long is it take to get it? Is it possible that the letter is on its way 2 or more months long? Please help!!

(I'm sorry that I used the feedback topic but I didn't know which topic to use. Please forward it to its good place.)
irock
$10 gift certificate winner

Re: Mailing time? Help please!

Post by irock »

Well lets break it down...

If it set of say the 28th...
It usually takes one week to get to your destination however maybe it has been extremely delayed because of XMAS or maybe she hasn't actually sent it out (you know with it being Christmas)
Please everybody Like my Autograph Page :D

https://www.facebook.com/JakesAutographs?ref=hl

Favorite Autographs... Rupert Grint My Doctors autograph (Baker, McCoy, Eccleston,Smith,Tennant +more) Demi Lovato Karen Gillan Alex Kingston
mcjw2011
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by mcjw2011 »

It also depends on the postage she used. Some items can take months to arrive overseas, even with first class postage.
johnnylightninglives
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by johnnylightninglives »

It is highly unlikely that it is going to show up after 2 months, considering the country you live in I would say it is probably a victim of mail theft :(
irock

Post by irock »

There is something called surface mail and that has took up to about 6 weeks for me so you never know it could of gone surface mail.

Favorite Autographs... Rupert Grint My Doctors autograph (Baker, McCoy, Eccleston,Smith,Tennant +more) Demi Lovato Karen Gillan Alex Kingston
johnnylightninglives
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by johnnylightninglives »

irock wrote:There is something called surface mail and that has took up to about 6 weeks for me so you never know it could of gone surface mail.
Surface mail is only a option for packages, lettermail which includes a photo would go airmail to Europe from north America.
irock

Post by irock »

It isnt only packages I used it for letters.

dfreely
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dfreely »

If it's been two months, it's likely lost and you probably shouldn't expect to receive it.

USPS discontinued surface mail years ago, it would not have been delivered that way.