I can't find IRC's at my local post office

Discussion of current events and participation in intelligent conversation with other Fanmail.biz users.
New Fanmail.biz Users: Introduce Yourself Here! 8)
Inu Lolen
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

I can't find IRC's at my local post office

Post by Inu Lolen »

Hi there!

First of all, I am new here and I am still a bit clumsy with the forum, so I apologize if this topic is in the wrong section >.<

Today I went to my local post office to send a letter with a photo, requesting an autograph to the actor Tom Hiddleston. I read in this forum that I must include IRC's into the envelope for the artist to send it back to me. I asked for IRC's at the post office, and they told me that they don't sell IRC's anymore because they are obsolete... I called to some different post agencies (UPS, MRW, Fedex...) and all of them told me the same...

So I just wanted to know if is there any other way to get IRC's, or another valid way to send the letter and be able to get the autograph back...

Thank you for reading, best regards!
sonicsam
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: I can't find IRC's at my local post office

Post by sonicsam »

Unfortunately IRCs have been discontinued. You'll have to get UK stamps through the Royal Mail website, in the buyers/sellers thread or way overpriced on ebay.
Inu Lolen
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Inu Lolen »

sonicsam wrote:Unfortunately IRCs have been discontinued. You'll have to get UK stamps through the Royal Mail website, in the buyers/sellers thread or way overpriced on ebay.
Thank you for your response.

Is there any place where I can see how many UK stamps do I need and all that? Because my dad is living at London, so he can get me some, I guess... And I should include them into the envelope, just like the IRC, right?
Inu Lolen
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Inu Lolen »

The letter weighs around 90-100gr, so I just need to know how many stamps does it need to be sent... I've tried to buy some stamps at the Royal Mail website, but I couldn't, there was a problem with the checkout proccess and the web crashes every time I try :(
Denisrichard
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Denisrichard »

Just include a few bucks with ur letter
Rust never sleeps! The futures uncertain and the end is always near!!!!