Julie Newmar Failure

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
Weekirk
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Julie Newmar Failure

Post by Weekirk »

I wrote to her 1/18/13, sent SASE, LOR and 2 small photos. Got it back this past week. Nothing signed with a an ad photo for http://www.julienewmar.com/shop to buy signed photos.
george2607

Re: Julie Newmar Failure

Post by george2607 »

I wrote to her a few years ago (picture, LOR, SASE) and got back a very sarcastic and rambling note along the lines of people always looking to get things for nothing, etc. At first I just though that the old doll might just be getting a bit daffy. But after a bit I felt I had to write and tell her that I would have thought she'd be happy that people remembered her because whatever roles she played, the Oscars were save from her performances. Needless to say there was no reply. There will always be failures but she was just plain nasty about it.

About a year late I had a friend send her a picture, LOR, SASE to see if there was any change in her attitude. He got everything back in the SASE including the envelope he sent and the picture folded in half. I later heard that there was a side view nude picture of her on E-Bay and she contacted them to have it taken off sale.

Has anyone else had any interaction with her and if so what was the result?

Are you interested in other older actresses or was it her? I have several addresses I can give you if it is the former. If interested let me know who you want or who you don't need.

george2607
Weekirk
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Weekirk »

I thought I saw a couple of Kim Novak successes on here semi recently. I'd really like to get her. I did get E M Saint a few months back. 2 of the favorite things in my collection are signed pics of Donna Reed and Priscilla Lane I got TTM long ago.
george2607

Post by george2607 »

I just sent to Kim Novak, for the 5th time. I'll post how it turns out.

george2607
georgethree33
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by georgethree33 »

She signed for me about two years ago. Asked me to make a donation to her favorite charity, but signed voluntarily both photos I provided her and wrote a nice note. Sorry to hear about your RTS. Perhaps she just got tired of signing TTM.
Favorite Film/TV Autographs: Robin Williams (Not Secretarial), every James Bond 007 actor from film and TV, every actor/stuntman (and actress) to ever play Jason in Friday the 13th film series, and every man to ever portray Superman on the TV, film, radio, stage, video games and in animation.

Favorite Rock/Metal autographs: Van Halen (Dave/Eddie/Alex/Mike), Van Hagar (Sammy/Eddie/Alex/Mike), Helloween, Savatage (all members including Criss), Overkill, Stratovarius, Manowar, Arch Enemy, Steve Perry, Journey with Arnel Pineda, Chicago (minus Robert Lamm), Peter Cetera, the Beach Boys (50th anniversary reunion lineup), Beach Boys current lineup, and Mick Jagger of the Rolling Stones.

Favorite comic book sketches/signatures: Wayne Boring, Joe Shuster, Curt Swan, Jim Lee, Jon Bogdanove, Brett Breeding, Ron Frenz, Ivan Reis, Mart Nodell, Bob Kane, Carmine Infantino, Dan Jurgens, Howard Bender.
johnnylightninglives
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by johnnylightninglives »

Generally when people sell their autographs at conventions or on their websites they wont sign for free, Some will like Robert englund but most people who sell autographs do not sign for free.
redgravedisciple
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by redgravedisciple »

I sent her a photo of her as Catwoman and after a while, received mine back and dedicated. I wrote her a very nice letter though and talked about her dancing career and how she used it for Catwoman and such--so maybe she felt I was really interested.

I did get her at a convention this past Oct--paid though. She and Adam West and such get SO many requests though. I would feel that (unless it's a convention) not charging is expected. Especially if you aren't actively working. But I am glad she signed for me :)
johnnylightninglives
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by johnnylightninglives »

redgravedisciple wrote:I sent her a photo of her as Catwoman and after a while, received mine back and dedicated. I wrote her a very nice letter though and talked about her dancing career and how she used it for Catwoman and such--so maybe she felt I was really interested.

I did get her at a convention this past Oct--paid though. She and Adam West and such get SO many requests though. I would feel that (unless it's a convention) not charging is expected. Especially if you aren't actively working. But I am glad she signed for me :)
Yeah sometimes people who don't sign much for free or at all will sign if they find the letter to be sincere and genuine because I am sure a lot of collectors letters are probably fairly unsincere and short or form letter like which just doesn't cut it lol You can usually tell if the person is a real fan or just someone looking for a autograph by the letter they send im sure.
cjhanson
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by cjhanson »

I got a photo signed TTM about one year ago but it's probably because I took the time to write a sincere two page letter.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi cjhanson :)

Thank you for your feedback {up}

{star} Julie Newmar on Fanmail.biz | Previous Feedback(s) Received

Fanmail 8)