Jim rice RTS...

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
badleejeff
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Jim rice RTS...

Post by badleejeff »

I think that all the members of baseballs hall of fame have been holding meetings to ensure that all letters from me get RTS ! It's a conspiracy, I tell you! Got my cards back in my Sase today...I guess technically that's WORSE THAN an RTS, because he used my envelope and stamps to return my cards...am I aiming too high hoping these guys will sign? Should I have included a donation for Mr. Rice? Do I smell bad? What am I doing wrong?!
Anyway the address I used was:
Mr. Jim rice
35 bobby jones drive
Andover, md 01810

Any advice my friends?
Jeff Lees
...now I pray for a single kiss from her, to be lashed and crucified...
vjw0307
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Jim rice RTS...

Post by vjw0307 »

He's another horrible TTM signer. Best bet is through Tom Orr. Unlike Schoendienst, Brock and Gibson...he does random signings with Rice. Normal fee is around $15-30 depending on what you have signed.

Who else are you trying to get and I'll let you know if you should save your postage and also the best way to get them?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi badleejeff :)

Thank you for your feedback {up} and Sorry for your RTS :(

What is the reason for the RTS please?

Fanmail 8)
collector41
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by collector41 »

I agree with the other person Rice is a horrible TTM signer. I have heard that he has his wife sign for him
badleejeff
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by badleejeff »

Well really I'm looking for any baseball hall of famers...I have three boys who are seven, seven and four that are baseball FANATICS and we've been workin on our collections together...they get sooooo excited to see envelopes in the mailbox lol. I've seen a bunch of hall of famer threads but nothing that is recent. If you know of which hofers DO sign ttm, pleeeeeeease let me know! I've managed to get bobby doerr, Rollie fingers, wade boggs, Jim bunning, whitey herzog, pat gillick, monte Irvin, Paul molitor and al kaline all ttm without having to make a donation or anything. Ryne Sandberg, I did send ten dollars to but he signed three cards for me, one for each of my sons! I'd love to see an updated comprehensive list for hall members though!! Thank you for your help sir!
Jeff Lees
toccip
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by toccip »

It's Andover, MASSACHUSETTS. I LIVE DOWN THE STREET.
CHIgrapher
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by CHIgrapher »

Addy doesnt matter. Still really tough to get him to sign TTM.
vjw0307
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by vjw0307 »

badleejeff wrote:Well really I'm looking for any baseball hall of famers...I have three boys who are seven, seven and four that are baseball FANATICS and we've been workin on our collections together...they get sooooo excited to see envelopes in the mailbox lol. I've seen a bunch of hall of famer threads but nothing that is recent. If you know of which hofers DO sign ttm, pleeeeeeease let me know! I've managed to get bobby doerr, Rollie fingers, wade boggs, Jim bunning, whitey herzog, pat gillick, monte Irvin, Paul molitor and al kaline all ttm without having to make a donation or anything. Ryne Sandberg, I did send ten dollars to but he signed three cards for me, one for each of my sons! I'd love to see an updated comprehensive list for hall members though!! Thank you for your help sir!
You've gotten some of the good ones...most of the free guys too. Here are a few that do sign TTM along with expected fee. Of course, there are going to be members up here who say they got these people for free...but thats the rare case and I'm listing REQUESTED fees...so its common courtesy to send fee and not be cheap. Understandably, some people can't afford these fees, but I'm just passing along the info.

Bert Blyleven
P.O. Box 2308 Fort Myers, FL 33902
$20 per card
$50 per ball

Andre Dawson
10601 Southwest 74th Avenue Miami, Florida 33156
$20 per card

Whitey Ford
PO Box 160, Sea Cliff, NY 11579
$50 per Card or Photo
$60 per ball
(recently stopped adding HOF inscription apparently)

Doug Harvey
9426 Sappington Estates Dr St Louis, MO 63127
$10 per item

Nolan Ryan
c/o Nolan Ryan Foundation 2925 South Bypass 35 Alvin, TX 77511
$35 per flat/card
$55 per ball
$18 per inscription
If you send without donation, you will get a pre-printed postcard

Gaylord Perry
1096 Dale Road, Spruce Pine, NC 28777
$15 per card (seems to work for baseballs as well)

Phil Niekro
6282 Nichols Rd., Flowery Branch, GA 30542
$20 per card
$25 per ball

Joe Morgan
Signs c/o the HOF...typically only sends back signed I/C

A lot of the Ford Frick award winners are all great signers and usually sign for free. Most will add their HOF inscription although many don't consider them true HOF'ers. Its basically the HOF for baseball broadcasters.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_C._Frick_Award
badleejeff
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by badleejeff »

Thank you very much sir. That is definately a great start for me! You wouldn't have any information on tony gwynn by any chance would you? I've heard all kinds of conflicting things there and would love your input sir.
Jeff Lees
CHIgrapher
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by CHIgrapher »

No conflict.

He doesn't sign TTM.