Benedict Cumberbatch Sherlock S3 Disappointment

Cumberbatchme
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Benedict Cumberbatch Sherlock S3 Disappointment

Post by Cumberbatchme »

I sent some fan mail to Cardiff going on 4 weeks ago now. The mail went to Roath Lock but I believe that the address was wrong. I found out afterwards that people who had received replies had also sent to Roath Lock but they had a different address. From what I understand most of the people that send to him VV get a response in 2 weeks time. I feel like due to the wrong address that it's a great possibility that he didn't even receive it. It's really bothering me that the letter that I sent was not returned to me if they had no intention of forwarding it. Would anyone have any insight on this ? Thank you.
MahoganyMarauder
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Benedict Cumberbatch Sherlock S3 Disappointment

Post by MahoganyMarauder »

I sent to Roath Lock just over two weeks ago and haven't had anything back but I'm not expecting a success after seeing your post. It would be useful to know the actual address but no one shares it (even via PM) and I can never find it! Keep trying, I think :D

-Mahogany Marauder
VV Requests: Benedict Cumberbatch

TTM Requests: The Vampire Diaries cast, the True Blood cast, Nikki Reed, Jackson Rathbone, John Simm, Eve Myles, Tom Felton, Joseph Morgan, Jason Isaacs, Michael Crawford, Stanislav Ianevski, Clemence Poesy, Helena Bonham Carter

Recent TTM Successes: Andrew Scott, Maggie Smith, Philip Glenister, Dan Stevens, Keeley Hawes, Rhys Ifans, Jake Humphrey, Bill Nighy, Kenneth Branagh, James and Oliver Phelps, Jude Law (PP), Matthew Lewis
september
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by september »

Could you, please, post the address that you think is wrong?
I´m afraid I sent to the same address and I want to check it.. :( :(
MahoganyMarauder
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by MahoganyMarauder »

I sent to (and haven't had anything back):

Benedict Cumberbatch
"Sherlock"
BBC Roath Lock Studios
BBC Drama Village
Porth Teigr
Cardiff
Wales
CF10 4GA
VV Requests: Benedict Cumberbatch

TTM Requests: The Vampire Diaries cast, the True Blood cast, Nikki Reed, Jackson Rathbone, John Simm, Eve Myles, Tom Felton, Joseph Morgan, Jason Isaacs, Michael Crawford, Stanislav Ianevski, Clemence Poesy, Helena Bonham Carter

Recent TTM Successes: Andrew Scott, Maggie Smith, Philip Glenister, Dan Stevens, Keeley Hawes, Rhys Ifans, Jake Humphrey, Bill Nighy, Kenneth Branagh, James and Oliver Phelps, Jude Law (PP), Matthew Lewis
september
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by september »

Ok, that´s the address I sent to.. DAMN´IT! :( :(
And now, could anyone who has the right address post it, please?
The shooting is wrapped, so it doesn´t care now. Please, anyone with the right address of Sherlock Season 3?
shixo
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by shixo »

I sent to the other address (where everyone got their success) in July and I still haven't heard from him.

1. The address either got spammed
2. Benedict might read the letters but didn't reply.
3. He did reply but the studio hasn't sent them off yet.
Success:
TTM: Jeremy Sumpter, Natalie Dormer, James Earl Jones, Nathan Hamill, Ian Mckellen, Adam Brown, James Nesbitt, and Ian Holm.
VV" Daniel Radcliffe, Alan Rickman, Dan Stevens, Benedict Cumberbatch, Cate Blanchett, Richard Armitage, and Andy Serkis.
Email: Bernard Cribbins, Judi Dench, and Mark Salling
Bought: Micky Yoochan, Martin Freeman, Lucy Liu, Mandy Moore, Daniel Craig, Simon Pegg, and Viggo Morstensen.
Playbill: The Lion King & Cat on a Hot Tin Roof
IP: David Archuleta & Carmen Rasmusen
Waiting: Andrew Scott, Lara Pulver, Aidan Turner, Sarah Greene, Daniel Radcliffe, Benedict Cumberbatch, Katia Elizarova, and Colin Morgan
etihwwons
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by etihwwons »

I wouldn't give up hope JUST yet. I found like, 3 different addresses for Wales before sending off. I picked one and went with it, and it was very similar to the one MahoganyMarauder put up. But NO ONE has gotten anything back yet, it seems, from ANY address, at least not as posted here anyway. So, so far, we're all in the same boat. It could very well be that he's gotten his fan mail, and intends to reply (at least to what he can, anyway), but just hasn't gotten around to it yet. He HAS been very busy. Or, as was already stated, it could be that the studio hasn't passed the responses on yet. I'd give it a little more time before losing all hope. At least, I'm giving MYSELF a little more time before losing all hope.

But which was the address that people got their responses through? If you still don't want to post it, even though filming is done, you can PM me. Doesn't really matter at this point, except to satisfy my curiosity.

I sent to Martin at the same address, and haven't gotten back yet. If it doesn't work out, well, then I/we'll just have to try another venue. :)
*Snow* Waiting on (through the mail) Michael Cassidy, Justin Hartley, Henry Cavill, Seth Gabel, Taylor Kitsch, Cillian Murphy, John Williams, Patrick Stewart, James McAvoy, Hugh Jackman, Michael Fassbender, Rachel McAdams, Martin Freeman, BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH!!!! Michael Rosenbaum, Chris Pine, David Tennant, Freema Agyeman.
Bri0626
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Bri0626 »

This hobby is all about patience! If you sent off only 2 to 4 weeks ago, as I did, you could still have a long wait ahead of you. Sometimes celebs will keep all of their fanmail for months and then they reply to it when they find time. I wouldn't start to worry just yet. You can find many instances on this site where replies have come back after a year or more (not talking about Benedict here, but others).

Last 5 Received: William Kircher, Saoirse Ronan, Ciarán Hinds, Lupita Nyong'o, Rhys Ifans.
Last 5 Sent: Jack O'Connell, Richard Madden, Lily James, Alfie Allen, Jesse Eisenberg.
Most Wanted: Matthew Gray Gubler/CM cast, LOTR/Hobbit cast: Lee Pace, Hugo Weaving, Evangeline Lilly, Viggo Mortensen, Billy Boyd, etc.
View my collection HERE!
etihwwons
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by etihwwons »

^A very encouraging reply!

Also, I found the Facebook page for Roath Lock Studios, and I sent them a message asking if one address was better than the other, or if they would pass fan mail on when sent to either address. We'll see what they say, if they respond.
*Snow* Waiting on (through the mail) Michael Cassidy, Justin Hartley, Henry Cavill, Seth Gabel, Taylor Kitsch, Cillian Murphy, John Williams, Patrick Stewart, James McAvoy, Hugh Jackman, Michael Fassbender, Rachel McAdams, Martin Freeman, BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH!!!! Michael Rosenbaum, Chris Pine, David Tennant, Freema Agyeman.
daveprince37
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by daveprince37 »

I've PM some of you...
Received so far - Peter Capaldi (IP), Mark Gatiss (VV) ,Tom Baker (TTM), Peter Capaldi (TTM), Peter Davison/Colin Baker/Sylvester McCoy (IP), Matt Smith/Jenna Louise Coleman (IP x 2 & Matt Smith x 1 - TTM), Rock Of Ages Cast (London - VV), Clint Mansell (VV), John Hurt (TTM), David Bradley (TTM), Carole Ann Ford (TTM), Keeley Hawes (TTM), Samuel Anderson (IP), Bruce Dickinson - Iron Maiden (VV), Melanie C (IP), Steps (IP), John Barrowman (IP) & David Tennant (VV)

Out - Belinda Carlisle, Richie Sambora, Paul McGann, Murray Gold, Billie Piper, Christopher Eccleston, Matt Smith, John Simm and Benedict Cumberbatch...