Carlton Fisk (MLB HOF catcher) Failure

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
collector41
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Carlton Fisk (MLB HOF catcher) Failure

Post by collector41 »

Sent 2 cards and LOR in SASE on 8/28/13 and today 9/6/13 I received both cards back unsigned and a stupid postcard asking for $40. He's not worth $40.

address used:
Carlton Fisk
P.O. Box 1317
New Lenox, IL 60451
USA
vjw0307
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Carlton Fisk (MLB HOF catcher) Failure

Post by vjw0307 »

Sorry for the failure but a little research would have shown that he charges for his autos. Always has. And it doesn't go to him, all of the donations are to the Cancer Support Center so the donation is in fact well worth it!
Mr. Autograph
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Mr. Autograph »

Be happy for the $40 anyway, he charges $75-100 at shows and all the money goes to a good cause
chadallen985
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by chadallen985 »

I'm a Yankees fan and yeah, $40. bucks is a deal for him, and worth every sent. He is one of the top 15 catchers in MLB history. Also, he doesnt keep the money.. I believe it goes to a cancer charity, just dont rememebr which one off hand. Im goign to see him at a show next weekend in Dubuque, 10 HOF'rs there.. he is charging (I think) 79 for a flat.. So if you want him bad enough, give him 40 and save yourself the money of a show...
davidm8985@gmail.com
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by davidm8985@gmail.com »

Did he have a price list for different items? Just curious if it's $40 for a ball also because I'd definitely go for it. His signature is worth more than $40. His autograph retails for over $70-$100 on pics and mid $100's for baseballs in good condition. I think it's reasonable for him but everyone is different, maybe it's not worth it for you and that's OK.
Davidm8985
TTM Success:
Jim Bunning, Jim Thome, Billy Williams, Ryne Sandberg, Juan Pierre, Ricky Nolasco, Brian McRae, Craig Counsell, A.J. Pierzynski, Dylan Axelrod, Scott Feldman, Jed Lowrie, Carlos Carrasco, Justin Masterson, Tommy Layne, Jordan Norberto, Ryne Sandberg, AJ Pollock, Taijuan Walker, AJ Pollock, Gordon Beckham, Jim Henderson, Matt Guerrier, Glen Perkins, Ryan Pressly, Casey Fein, Caleb Thielbar, Ryan Cook

IN PERSON success:
Torii Hunter, Joaquin Benoit, Phil Coke, Evan Reed, Luke Petkonen, Gerrit Cole, Byron Buxton, Archie Bardley, Mark Appel, Carlos Correa, Tyler Skaggs, Billy Hamilton, Tony Campana, Albert Almora, Robert Stephenson, Taylor Guerrieri, Lance McCullers, Nick Travieso

18 MLB Ballparks Visited:
CHC, CWS, MIL, DET, STL(2), HOU, BOS, NYY, NYM, PHI, PIT, BAL, WAS, CLE, CIN, MIN, KC
vjw0307
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by vjw0307 »

davidm8985@gmail.com wrote:Did he have a price list for different items? Just curious if it's $40 for a ball also because I'd definitely go for it. His signature is worth more than $40. His autograph retails for over $70-$100 on pics and mid $100's for baseballs in good condition. I think it's reasonable for him but everyone is different, maybe it's not worth it for you and that's OK.
I'm participating in a private signing with him this month and I'm paying $45. Typically its $40 and the promoter gets a small cut.

If you send to him, its $40 per no matter what it is. Here is what his note usually says:
Please send your tax deductible donation and I will be glad to sign your items.
Autographs are $40 each.
Inscriptions are an additional $15 each.

Please make checks payable to:
The Cancer Support Center
Tax ID: 36-3880404
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi collector41 :)

Thank you for your feedback {up}

Would you have a scan of the postcard you received please?
If so, you are in the run for the $10 gift certificate.

{star} Carlton Fisk on Fanmail.biz | Previous Feedback(s) Received

Fanmail 8)
collector41
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by collector41 »

vjw0307 wrote:Sorry for the failure but a little research would have shown that he charges for his autos. Always has. And it doesn't go to him, all of the donations are to the Cancer Support Center so the donation is in fact well worth it!
I did all my research on www.sportscardforum.com and I have seen some people get him for free and I figured since I'm only 14 he would give me a break but I guess not. I don't have a job or anything so yes $40 is alot of money for me.
collector41
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by collector41 »

davidm8985@gmail.com wrote:Did he have a price list for different items? Just curious if it's $40 for a ball also because I'd definitely go for it. His signature is worth more than $40. His autograph retails for over $70-$100 on pics and mid $100's for baseballs in good condition. I think it's reasonable for him but everyone is different, maybe it's not worth it for you and that's OK.

No he just sent a list asking $40 for all items
supertoneman

Post by supertoneman »

collector41 wrote:
vjw0307 wrote:Sorry for the failure but a little research would have shown that he charges for his autos. Always has. And it doesn't go to him, all of the donations are to the Cancer Support Center so the donation is in fact well worth it!
I did all my research on http://www.sportscardforum.com and I have seen some people get him for free and I figured since I'm only 14 he would give me a break but I guess not. I don't have a job or anything so yes $40 is alot of money for me.
i do agree on that also. they were actually successes in the last month also. i sent off also, and hopefully i will at least get them back.
Stay frosty 8)
Twins and Star Wars fan since the 80's.
I am not selling any or trading any autos at this time,but i may trade extras for certain autographs.
Most Wanted: Any Star Wars Autographs, Baseball.
To see all the autographs that I have go to.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/supertpics/