Would you write to a home address?

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
jessemcluv
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Would you write to a home address?

Post by jessemcluv »

I have been desperately searching for a working address for one of my most wanted... I was very disappointed after finding not one working agency!!! I honestly would do anything for this celebrities signature, not just for me, but because it is my friends absolute favorite celeb! Being me, I don't give up easily, and ended up finding all these articles on his home and I believe I have found the address... Heck, I KNOW this is his home address....

What worries me is the fact that this person is very outspoken, and quite frankly, I'm afraid he would get upset if I sent something to his house, and then my chances of getting and autograph would be done. I just want your opinion on this... would you do it? I really want his autograph and honestly me and all his friends IDOLIZE him. I'd be very polite and even apologize for bothering his home...

If you'd do it, what would you send? I was thinking two pictures, Just because I want one for me and one for my friend....

Just advice please? Have you had successes through home address, if so what would you write/what did you send?

THANKS, it would mean ALOT if you answered, I'm debating whether or not to answer in my head.
^Thanks to -Lil1- for the signature!!!!
Most Wanted: Samuel Jackson, Elizabeth Gillies, John Goodman, John Lasseter, Tsubasa English Dub Cast, Tom Hanks
Favorites: Big Time Rush {IP}, Jason Aldean, Demi Lovato, Danielle Campbell, Munro Chambers, Devon Bostick, Billy Crystal

Current Collections: Toy Story, Disney Princess, Pixar Animators, Tsubasa (English Dub) Cast

Recent Received: N/A
Recent Sent: Nancy Cartwright, 7.12.14
Check my website!!! jmlxautographs.webs.com <- UNDER CONSTRUCTION!! (Will be updated with new autographs soon!)
mashka
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Would you write to a home address?

Post by mashka »

jessemcluv wrote:I have been desperately searching for a working address for one of my most wanted... I was very disappointed after finding not one working agency!!! I honestly would do anything for this celebrities signature, not just for me, but because it is my friends absolute favorite celeb! Being me, I don't give up easily, and ended up finding all these articles on his home and I believe I have found the address... Heck, I KNOW this is his home address....

What worries me is the fact that this person is very outspoken, and quite frankly, I'm afraid he would get upset if I sent something to his house, and then my chances of getting and autograph would be done. I just want your opinion on this... would you do it? I really want his autograph and honestly me and all his friends IDOLIZE him. I'd be very polite and even apologize for bothering his home...

If you'd do it, what would you send? I was thinking two pictures, Just because I want one for me and one for my friend....

Just advice please? Have you had successes through home address, if so what would you write/what did you send?

THANKS, it would mean ALOT if you answered, I'm debating whether or not to answer in my head.
I would do it. Start off right away saying you're sorry for bothering his home and that you wont write there again or give it out. Then tell him who you are, a little bit about your self, and why you are writing (I am writing to you today to ask for an autograph, one for me, and one for my friend. We both idolize you, love your work, etc explain why you idolize him and love his work). MAKE IT PERSONAL. When you make it personal he sees that you are a genuine fan. explain how your friend idolizes him.

I have written to one or two private addresses with success. I explained it to them and they seemed fine with it. If he's not ok with it, he wont reply. If he is he will reply. There is no harm in trying. JUST WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT GIVE OUT HIS ADDRESS OR POST IT!
Most Recent: Jodi Benson TTM, Veronica Roth IP Calgary Wordfest
[color=#8040FF]Recently Sent:

Soon to send: Tim Allen
Soon to see IP: Veronica Roth Tehereh Mafi
IP: need to update
Please check out my autograph collection: http://www.autographs.sinivir.com
Autograph count: 154
Collecting since: February 1 2011 :)
stone

Post by stone »

I second that.

I would definitely try it (the worst he could do it throw it out), but never betray him by giving out his address. Good luck! :D
Most Wanted: Tina Fey, Lauren Graham, Cast of Bones & Lost, Natasha Lyonne
mwo925
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by mwo925 »

I wrote to a actress at her home address and said I was sorry about writing to her using her home address but really admire what she has done in such a early career. I promised I would not write again or give out the address. She signed my photo and added a great note. It is a great success that I love very much.

Make sure you visit my autograph page with the link below.
http://www.myspace.com/535882298
Ripsqueak
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Ripsqueak »

I know this is an old thread but wanted to add my two cents to say I wouldn't send to someone's home. It's sorta boundary thing. Just out of respect for someone's private life. No matter if able to personalized the letter and swear not to write again or give it out. It's just a fine line I wouldn't want to cross.