Did anyone get a Tom Hanks letter with preprinted signature?

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
wereout4050
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Did anyone get a Tom Hanks letter with preprinted signature?

Post by wereout4050 »

Only two people I know received a Tom Hanks letter with preprinted signature when they wrote him at the Lucky Guy set. Most of the people I know that wrote the set including myself got nothing back. However four received a signed playbill, but only two got the letter so it seems the letter is harder to get than the real thing from this set. I was wondering if anyone here got one of the letters?

I am a big fan of Tom Hanks and I would have really liked to get one of these letters myself since I think it would be so cool to have something on his stationary. Unfortunately I have been unable to get one and it seems almost no one got these letters despite the fact they have printed signatures. The two people I know that got them want to keep them. I was curious if anyone here got one, or if maybe literally only two letters were sent out from that set. I have scans of these two letters and the signatures do indeed match so they are definitely preprinted signatures on the letters. It just seems odd that they didn't send out more letters. I so desperately want one and wish I knew a way to get one.

I look forward to hearing from people that wrote the set and whether they got a letter back. I attached a scan of what the letters look like.

- Juli
My Walt Disney Autograph
wereout4050
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Did anyone get a Tom Hanks letter with preprinted signat

Post by wereout4050 »

I recently learned that these letters were sent from CA. The mail sent to the theatre was forwarded to CA and those that got letters got them from CA and not the theatre. As a result I sent a request to Tom Hanks at his CA address in hopes I get one of these preprint letters.

Juli
My Walt Disney Autograph
wereout4050
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by wereout4050 »

Wow! No one else got one of these letters?

I wonder why literally only two people seemed to have gotten them out of the thousands that sent Tom Hanks at his play. On all autograph sites including this one, only two people reported getting these letters with their items returned unsigned. Several people reported successes with signed playbills and hundreds have pending requests that had not been answered including myself.

I have searched Google for hours on end and could not find any images of these letters or reports about people getting them. I also searched eBay everyday since May and not one has turned up for sale, but several authentic signed playbills from Lucky Guy have shown up for sale. As weird as it sounds, I would rather have this preprint letter than an authentic Lucky Guy signed playbill.

If anyone has any idea as to why it seems only two people seemed to have gotten this letter please tell me as I am very curious about these letters. I really hope I can manage to get one someday. Please let me know if you have ideas or thoughts about how to get one. So far I have a pending request to the theatre and another one to Playtone (his regular address in CA). Nothing has come back as of yet.

As a side note, I figured I should mention I have Asperger's Syndrome. One of the characteristics of the disorder is unusual obsessions. This Tom Hanks letter has been a recent obsession of mine. It is my quest to someday get one, no matter what it takes!

Thanks,
Juli
My Walt Disney Autograph
Rafalio
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Rafalio »

I got this letter after 3 weeks.
received 25.03.14
do you think is this signature preprinted or real one, there are some mistakes in spelling which were corrected with pen.
http://imageshack.com/a/img18/4803/9vuu.png