George H. W. bush autopen or authentic ?????

Are you unsure if your autograph is authentic or not? Post it in here and the Fanmail.biz community will try to clear it up for you.
AndreWGonawela
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

George H. W. bush autopen or authentic ?????

Post by AndreWGonawela »

Hello all,
I might have posted this before, but I would really like some help with this. I sent Pres. George H. W. Bush a 2 page letter and his book "Speaking of Freedom". Two months later I got it back with a bookplate inside, which I believe to be authentic. But some people have said its an autopen. But I'm not so sure. It doesn't seem to show ny characteristics of an autopen, like the dots, and I have not found any similar looking signatures over the interwebs, and the main template I have seen looks different. So I'd really like some opinions, and if you think it's an autopen, could you perhaps please post the autopen template you think it's from?
Thanks!

Autographs owned: Margaret Thatcher, Herbert Hoover, Richard Nixon, Gerald Ford, George W. Bush (TTM), George H. W. Bush (1 TTM, 1 Bought), Jimmy Carter (1 TTM, 2 In-Person), Dick Cheney (In-Person), Al Gore (In-Person) Buzz Aldrin (In Person), Michael Dukakis (In-Person), Newt Gingrich (In-Person), Rand Paul, Vicente Fox, Jeb Bush, Ron Paul (TTM: Email), Eric Cantor, Chandrika Kumaratunga (In-Person), Ari Fleschier
nikita2
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: George H. W. bush autopen or authentic ?????

Post by nikita2 »

May be sec?

Not autopen 99%
AndreWGonawela
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by AndreWGonawela »

I haven't really heard of President Bush using secretaries, and I head that he signs bookplates authentically (I got this before his hospital stay)
Autographs owned: Margaret Thatcher, Herbert Hoover, Richard Nixon, Gerald Ford, George W. Bush (TTM), George H. W. Bush (1 TTM, 1 Bought), Jimmy Carter (1 TTM, 2 In-Person), Dick Cheney (In-Person), Al Gore (In-Person) Buzz Aldrin (In Person), Michael Dukakis (In-Person), Newt Gingrich (In-Person), Rand Paul, Vicente Fox, Jeb Bush, Ron Paul (TTM: Email), Eric Cantor, Chandrika Kumaratunga (In-Person), Ari Fleschier
countpaul
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by countpaul »

I have several bookplates personalized to me in his own hand. Looks like his hand writting. It does look like an older clearer version of his signature....But doesnt seem to be an autopen.
I Love to Collect....and right now I'm specializing in Star Wars autographs!!