Alvin Dark **CRITICAL Success** Former MLB Player/MGR

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
beam88990
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Alvin Dark **CRITICAL Success** Former MLB Player/MGR

Post by beam88990 »

By way of background, I recently acquired a vintage and very worn #10 Cubs jersey autographed by Ron Santo. The laundry tag indicates it's an authentic team issued jersey from 1965...but that it belonged to #55, who was third base coach Al Dark. The person who had it autographed by Santo in 2008 says that when asking Santo about the jersey (i.e., was it his game used jersey), Ron told him that Al Dark gave him the jersey for good luck when he left the team in August of 1965, and that he had the numbers switched and wore it during games.

I believed the jersey to be an authentic Cubs team issued jersey signed by Ron Santo--but I was eager to solidify the provenance and determine if was actually Santo's jersey at some point. I had the jersey in my possession by 2/20/13

On 2/22 I mailed Al Dark at the address in the database. I sent a letter which asked two questions and incorporated some pictures of the jersey. I also included a 4x6 photo of the jersey and $20, asking that he sign two things. I'm sure he would have signed for less, but the 'autographs' I wanted were worth far more.

As seen below, he answered both questions on the letter with a single "Yes", he signed a picture in the letter as requested, he signed my 4x6 of the jersey...and he also sent me a signed Christianity pamphlet.

PM me if you've got 69 Cubs autographs you'd like to sell or trade.
beam88990
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Alvin "Al" Dark **CRITICAL Success** Former MLB Player/M

Post by beam88990 »

Sent: 2/22
Received: 3/4
PM me if you've got 69 Cubs autographs you'd like to sell or trade.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Alvin "Al" Dark **CRITICAL Success** Former MLB Player/M

Post by admin »

Hi beam88990 :)

Thank you for your feedback {up} Great Success :P

You have been added to the list for the $10 gift certificate.

{star} Alvin Dark on Fanmail.biz | Previous Feedback(s) Received

Fanmail 8)
lukeout11
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Alvin Dark **CRITICAL Success** Former MLB Player/MGR

Post by lukeout11 »

thats one of the coolest things i have ever seen. , especially being from chicago you must be pumped. Any plans on sending Al the jersey. if you dont want it ill give you 3 or 4 dollars for it haha. Congrats thats awesome