New poster - Cincinnati Reds autographs

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
jpochard
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

New poster - Cincinnati Reds autographs

Post by jpochard »

This is my first post, so please be patient with me if I do something wrong.

I am a photographer AND a big Cincinnati Reds fan. My entire office is done in a Cincinnati Reds theme. I try to use my own photos when possible for display / autographs. All of these are my own photography. I don't want to take the time right now to do each of these as a separate topic, so please bear with me.

Joey Votto

Mailed early May 2012 to Votto c/o Cincinnati Reds. Received back signed, July 17, 2012

Josh Hamilton

Mailed early May 2012 to Hamilton c/o Rangers. Received back signed just recently, end of Dec. 2012.

Eric Davis

Ran into Eric Davis as well as Reds GM Walt Jocketty at a little convenience store on our way out of Cooperstown for the induction weekend this year with Barry Larkin. iphone, so not the best quality shot. Mailed early August to Davis, c/o Reds. Received back signed early December 2012. Also have one signed with Jocketty.

Johnny Cueto

Mailed early May 2012 to Cueto c/o Reds. Received back signed about a month later.

Aroldis Chapman

I was at the game where Chapman threw his first pitch for the Reds. Made up a collage and mailed two of them (one for him to keep) to Chapman, c/o Reds early May, 2012. Received one back signed about 10 days later.

Sean Casey

One of my all-time favorite Reds. Saw him in person at a charity function where I was the official photogapher. Got my jersey signed and photo taken with him. When I asked where to send it so he could sign them for me after I got them printed, he said to send it to him at MLB Network, then changed his mind and gave me his home address. Received back signed photo with nice note. This was in 2009. I really don't want to post his home address, since I don't have permission from him.

Failures include: Johnny Bench - had a GREAT photo of him I took at the HOF weekend and mailed it early August to his foundation address. Received the photo back, unsigned, with note from someone at the foundation saying it would be $60.

Barry Larkin - After the HOF induction weekend I put together a very nice collage presentation of his acceptance speech / award. I mailed two of the collages (one for him to keep), a HOF program, and a flash drive with all my photos from the event for him to keep. Requested one collage and HOF program to be signed. Mailed out to his home address early in August. No resonse yet. :( Still holding out hope.

Hope this is helpful!
poppincurbs
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: New poster - Cincinnati Reds autographs

Post by poppincurbs »

Very Cool. Doubt you'll get your Larkin stuff back... ='(
MJS73
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by MJS73 »

Sorry to tell you, but that Votto is not real, it was signed by his girlfriend.
ericnreanna
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ericnreanna »

Yeah your correct ^ I had my votto one i got from him looked at down the street at the local memorbilia shop he said 100% fake but hey hey very nice reds collection you got congrats on all of them and the reds are my favorite i just recently pulled a austin kearns rookie autograph out of a pack so i live in dayton i love them

CONGRATS MAN
Looking to get Joey Votto, Steve-O , Jenna Jameson , and The cast from Son's of Anarchy
jpochard
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jpochard »

That's interesting. I have a large banner / coke ad also signed by him (I purchased it with the autograph already on it.). I authenticated the signature by contacting the clubhouse manager (who had given to Votto to sign to donate to a fundraiser - i didnt know the background other than the seller said a member of the family who runs the clubhouse was in attendance therefore he assumed thats where the donation came from. I wrote a letter to the clubhouse manager including a photo of the banner and he called me and gave me the background.) so I know that one was signed by him, and the signature on the photo looks just like it.

It's just for me anyway, not an "investment", so maybe at some point I'll have an expert take a look. Thanks for the comments!
MJS73
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by MJS73 »

Here's a good Votto:

bounty37h
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by bounty37h »

Very cool!!! I too am a big Reds fan, and have also enjoyed sending or getting IP autos on pics I have taken myself. You have some awesome responses-I have sent to Davis, Chapman, and Cueto with never getting a response. I got Votto in person a few times, as well as TTM a few years ago before he began ghost signing so much. Thanks for sharing, good luck with future requests, and Go Reds!!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi jpochard :)

Welcome to Fanmail.biz :mrgreen: and Thank you for you for your feedback {up}

Fanmail 8)
usmcusarmy81
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by usmcusarmy81 »

I have always enjoyed when the Cincinatti Reds come into Houston to play the Astros, they all are generally gettable at least once during a three game series. This year i got Joey Votto x4 , Jay Bruce x3, Aroldis Chapman x2, Johhny Cueto x1, Devin Mesaraco x3, Zack Cosart x3, Todd Frazier x4, Scott Rolen x2, Bronson Arroyo x2, Homer Bailey x1(very hard to get!!), Joe Morgan(HOFer) x2, Brandon Phillips x3, and Dusty Baker x4. Again they are all very good signers, as long as you dont look like you will get the auto and put it on EBay as soon as you get home. Most of my multiples were baseball cards, or getting something for a friend signed.
I am trying to complete a mural of The Walking Dead characters in 4x6. If you have any characters from the Walking Dead on 4x6 PM, maybe we can make a deal!!??!!

Most Wanted: Roy Halladay, Ted Williams, Stan Musial, Tris Speaker, and any other MLB star retired before 1990!!

Best TTM Return: Tommy Lee Jones, Peyton Manning, Mark Wahlberg, Krist Novoselic and Dave Grohl,

Best IP: Chris Cornell, Sully Erna, Phil Anselmo, Baseball: Yu Darvish, Mike Trout, Tom Glavine, John Smoltz, Chipper Jones, Ryne Sandberg, and many, many more!!
denversoxfan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by denversoxfan »

usmcusarmy81 wrote:I have always enjoyed when the Cincinatti Reds come into Houston to play the Astros, they all are generally gettable at least once during a three game series. This year i got Joey Votto x4 , Jay Bruce x3, Aroldis Chapman x2, Johhny Cueto x1, Devin Mesaraco x3, Zack Cosart x3, Todd Frazier x4, Scott Rolen x2, Bronson Arroyo x2, Homer Bailey x1(very hard to get!!), Joe Morgan(HOFer) x2, Brandon Phillips x3, and Dusty Baker x4. Again they are all very good signers, as long as you dont look like you will get the auto and put it on EBay as soon as you get home. Most of my multiples were baseball cards, or getting something for a friend signed.
No offense, but someone who gets 4 Votto autographs gives off the impression of putting 'em on ebay as soon as you get home.

Nice collection, jpochard. It's always fun to get something signed that has a personal touch to it. I think the players appreciate it as well, since they know it's being collected for sentimental, and not monetary, value.

When I lived back east, I went to Cooperstown every year to the HOF induction ceremonies. One year I was walking around and noticed Robin Roberts walking with his wife toward the Otesaga Hotel. I noticed he politely turned down a few autograph requests, but I had an 8x10 of the two of us taken in Clearwater, FL, at a spring training game from earlier that year. I caught up to him and said, "Mr. Roberts, I have an photo of the two of us from Clearwater and I'd be honored if you would sign it for me." He stopped and I handed him the photo, and I thanked him after he signed it. If I had a HOF postcard or a ball for him to sign, I doubt he would have stopped for me.