USA coins

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
EmmaSheree
$10 gift certificate winner

USA coins

Post by EmmaSheree »

Hi,
I was sorting through my USA stamps when i realised for one request i would be short 3 stamps

so my mum suggested looking through my coin collection and see if i had any cents and usa coins.

i looked and have found:
Quatre Dollar coin
1 Dime
1 Cent X4

trouble is they are years old i know with UK coins if they are decimal (like stamps) you can carry on using them but i am unsure on coins.

the dates are:

could i perhapes exchange these in a travel agency or just send then enclosed in my request.

Also how much are these worth in US currency exactly?

Pictures:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

thank you so much
quails23
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: USA coins

Post by quails23 »

These coins are perfectly fine to use, as far as I know. Sometimes I find ones from the 1960s or 1970s in my change pile. No difference really, between those and ones from 2012 - except maybe some design changes.

The quarter is worth .25 or 1/4 of a US dollar.
The dime is worth .10 or 1/10 of a US dollar.
The pennies are worth .01 or 1/100 of a US dollar.

So total, you have $0.39 cents (USD). For reference, the US Forever stamp is worth about $0.45 right now. I suppose you could include all of these coins (or a few of them) with your request, but it's really up to the person on the other end. They'd have to notice the stamp value and that it isn't quite enough, and then place more on it. Does that make sense? I'm not sure what would happened if they didn't; probably bounce back to them.

Let me know if you have more questions. :)
EmmaSheree

Re: USA coins

Post by EmmaSheree »

Thank you so much.

I think i have approx 90cent in stamps (i used lots as i bought a traded some super low value stamps)

Would 1 dime be enough to add it up to $1.05 which is the minimum for international?