What does a PSA/DNA label look like when been tampered with?

Are you unsure if your autograph is authentic or not? Post it in here and the Fanmail.biz community will try to clear it up for you.
emailjnm
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

What does a PSA/DNA label look like when been tampered with?

Post by emailjnm »

I bought three signed photographs (Gary Oldman, Denzel Washington, and Leonardo DiCaprio) on Ebay that were certified by PSA/DNA. But when I got the pictures in person, the labels look a bit... off. Now this is the first time I've ever bought items like these before, so I don't know how to tell if a PSA/DNA label has been tampered with or not. I've Googled everywhere and I can't find a tampered-with label. Anyone care to help out? Is it possible for someone to remove their label from an authentic item and putting it on a fake? I'm REALLY hoping I didn't make a costly mistake here. Thanks!
FAVORITE IP SUCCESSES: Edward Norton, Steven Spielberg, Harrison Ford, Clint Eastwood, Alan Rickman, Johnny Depp, Martin Scorsese, Ryan Gosling, Leonardo DiCaprio, Jennifer Lawrence, Benedict Cumberbatch, Liam Neeson, Matthew McConaughey, Jake Gyllenhaal, Matt Smith, Ridley Scott, Charlize Theron, Bryan Cranston, Dustin Hoffman, Stan Lee, Jim Carrey, Harvey Keitel, Christian Bale, Will Smith, Brendan Gleeson, Woody Harrelson, Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Tom Hiddleston, Cate Blanchett, Daisy Ridley, Ryan Reynolds, Ben Affleck, Tom Cruise, Christopher Walken, Quentin Tarantino, Samuel L. Jackson, Javier Bardem, Steve Buscemi, Peter Capaldi, Tom Hanks, George Clooney, Michael Fassbender, Sebastian Stan, Tom Hardy, Jeremy Irons and Scarlett Johansson.

MOST WANTED: Natalie Portman (forever #1), Kevin Spacey, Russell Crowe, Jack Nicholson, Cillian Murphy, Paul Giamatti, Sean Connery, Robert DeNiro, Ralph Fiennes, Denzel Washington, Aaron Paul, Robert Redford, Morgan Freeman, Sean Penn and Michael Caine.
Chris102

Re: What does a PSA/DNA label look like when been tampered w

Post by Chris102 »

If someone tried to remove the new PSA/DNA hologram from the certified item or the PSA/DNA LOA, the sticker will automatically separate into two layers, splitting the sticker into two distinctly different pieces.

The prior version of the PSA/DNA sticker, which featured blue and red type against a white background, contained a "checkerboard" feature in the event that someone would attempt to remove it.
ultimateager
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: What does a PSA/DNA label look like when been tampered w

Post by ultimateager »

it would be pretty stupid to do that. but there are a lot of idiots out there. psa/dna costs a lot of $ to use and its easy to tell if they've been tampered with.

try tracking the number on it and at least see if it matches with the item in their database. they also use invisible like ink you might be able to see with some kind of blacklight or something. i'm sure you can contact the people at psa/dna and they'd be willing to help you out i'm sure.
Recent Success- Amanda Beard, Peyton Manning, Shane Battier

Best TTM Success- George W Bush, Muhammad Ali, Al Kaline

Favorite IP- Gordie Howe, Frank Thomas, Joe Torre, Joe Dumars

I am the Ultimate Maurice Ager Collector

I WILL OFFER $$$ FOR ANY INFORMATION THAT LEADS ME TO A VIA-VENUE SUCCESS