What exactly do forever stamps do...?

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
PawsUp
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

What exactly do forever stamps do...?

Post by PawsUp »

So... What exactly do forever stamps DO? Sorry for the dumb question :C
LITTLE MONSTER!

Check out my full autograph collection: http://imageshack.us/mobile/gallery.php

If anyone has an address for Lady Gaga, please PM me!

Recently sent out: Tony Bennett, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga VV, Stooshe, Geri Halliwell

Favourite successes: Judi Dench, Fun. signed CD, Sean Paul, Jessie J

Most Wanted: Lady Gaga, Britney Spears, Gwen Stefani, Azealia Banks, Lana Del Rey, Rita Ora, No Doubt, Brian May, Cher, Tony Bennett
cjdavis42
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: What exactly do forever stamps do...?

Post by cjdavis42 »

they are good for sending regular letter size mail no matter if postage price increases or decreases. It will "forever" be valued at current postage rates.
Check out all of my signings at:
http://mysignings.tumblr.com/
dfreely
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dfreely »

It's a non-denominal stamp used here in the US. It has no constant numerical value, but is worth whatever it takes to send a 1oz first-class letter domestically, regardless of any rate hikes. For example, it currently costs 45c to send a letter here, so a Forever Stamp is currently worth 45c. Five years ago, it only cost 41c to send that same letter, and the Forever Stamp would've been worth only 41c then. If the price to send that letter increases to 50c some time in the future, then the Forever Stamp will be valued at 50c to match it.

It's similar to the UK's First Class, Second Class, etc stamps.
solosolo
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by solosolo »

I am also interested in this. I always use one 1.05$ Pennsylvania stamp per envelope. How many forever stamps can I use instead of that one? 2 or 3? Will I save money? Thanks!
WALKING DEAD!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
cirquedufreak95
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by cirquedufreak95 »

solosolo wrote:I am also interested in this. I always use one 1.05$ Pennsylvania stamp per envelope. How many forever stamps can I use instead of that one? 2 or 3? Will I save money? Thanks!
It depends. If you live outside of the U.S., you would need to use 3 and then you will be losing money (they are .45 each). If you live in the U.S., you should use them.
Last 3 Successes: Andrew Lincoln, Nathaniel Parker, Dame Helen Mirren
Waiting for many requests!
IP Successes: Drake Bell, Matthew Lewis, John Heder, Brian Krause, Holly Marie Combs, Shannen Doherty, Rosario Dawson
countpaul
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by countpaul »

solosolo wrote:I am also interested in this. I always use one 1.05$ Pennsylvania stamp per envelope. How many forever stamps can I use instead of that one? 2 or 3? Will I save money? Thanks!
Right now theure value is .45 so It only becomes cheaper if you have older ones....or buy some now and the price of stamps go up. :-)
I Love to Collect....and right now I'm specializing in Star Wars autographs!!
joe316
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by joe316 »

Two forever stamps will always be enough for international postage no matter how much they raise the postage price.
dfreely
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dfreely »

joe316 wrote:Two forever stamps will always be enough for international postage no matter how much they raise the postage price.
Not true. It would only cover a 1oz letter to either Canada or Mexico. Any heavier, any larger and any other international destination, two Forever Stamps would not be enough to cover it.
countpaul
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by countpaul »

Right.....you can also use it on larger envelopes too.....They are worth whatever a first class stamp is worth at the time.
I Love to Collect....and right now I'm specializing in Star Wars autographs!!
loulou123
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by loulou123 »

PawsUp wrote:So... What exactly do forever stamps DO? Sorry for the dumb question :C
not a dumb question! i dont know either {down} :D :)
Best TTM- Eastenders, Rookie blue signed cast card.
brought autographs- ed sheeran, miley Cyrus, Harry styles, Niall horan, Demi lovato, selena Gomez and arvil lavigne.kristen Stewart, taylor Launter and Robert pattinson.
IP katie price!