Channing Tatum Success - Thoughts on authenticity????

Are you unsure if your autograph is authentic or not? Post it in here and the Fanmail.biz community will try to clear it up for you.
mjz0109
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Channing Tatum Success - Thoughts on authenticity????

Post by mjz0109 »

Today I received a signed picture back from Channing Tatum. Sent a letter and he sent back his own picture. Took about 2 months.

Any thoughts on authenticity? A lot of people have been saying he sends secs but it looks authentic to me. Please comment below! Thank!

Picture: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/42/scanta.jpg/

Envelope: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/577/scan1o.jpg/
shannnnen
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Channing Tatum Success - Thoughts on authenticity????

Post by shannnnen »

Great success! I'm not sure about authenticity. At least you got something back though. :)
Last 5 Successes: The Situation, Melissa Joan Hart, Coco Rocha, Hynden Walch x2, Ashley Benson x4

CHECK OUT ALL OF MY AUTOGRAPHS! Click on the image :D
Sign my guestbook!
Crushphoto
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Crushphoto »

Here are some In Person Examples

IP

IP

IP

This one is an IP from 2007 that he gave away on his official website

This is an IP from Mike The Fanboys site from earlier this year

these are older TTM's from 2010 and before

this one is specifically 2009

Then you have all these that are newer 2011 and 2012

It's truly a difficult judgement call to make. But there are obvious differences between the old style and the new style. However if you look at his signatures they've gotten sloppier over time as well in person. It's weird because sometimes his C is thin and other times it's wider, both in the In Persons and the TTM's. His in person H is a bit "sharper" so that worries me a bit.

As for the biggest red flag for me is a lot of times in person rushed he connects his first name to his last.

But anyone who would complain about the way his last name is signed. It's inconsistent even in the old TTM's. But the one thing that is consistent about the in persons and old success is the curve of the T that isn't as deep anymore.

Now here's the biggest kicker. I got a TTM success last week and it looks like his older and in person signature.

This is quite the heated topic at the moment. Anyhow I don't know what to think. I just know there are obvious BIG differences.
gary paris
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by gary paris »

dont wanna be out of line but if you send a letter to a star and you get a picture back signed in my opinion its real. i dont care if the dog signed it point is you sent request and it was fulfilled. if your just collecting for yourself you gotta figure its real. it your gonna sell them i think this is the wrong site. people should by them of ebay or something but who says those are real. ive got signed lithographs with certificates of authenticity but i didnt see the star sign them. i just assume there real. anyone share this opinion? gary
Crushphoto
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Crushphoto »

Well the sad fact is Gary. If the star you sent it to, did not in fact sign it, there is nothing real about it. If I signed the photo you sent to the celebrity instead of the celebrity would you consider it real? Same thing with purchasing an autograph of ebay. My Grandma could print a certificate of authenticity off her home computer. Sign the photo "insert celebrities name here." And the only way to know any better is to pay attention to in person examples.

There is no way to 100 percent tell if something you sent is in fact signed by the celebrity. But there are reasons to believe some are and some aren't.
parlamentetfanErik
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by parlamentetfanErik »

^This
Favourites; Elton John, Willem Dafoe, Willie Nelson, Bryan Cranston VV, Daniel Radcliffe VV, John Goodman VV, Rod Stewart, William H. Macy, Chris Pratt VV, Michael Bolton, Kevin Spacey VV, John Travolta (autnentic - VV), Bill Nighy VV, Kevin Costner VV, Michael Madsen, Peter Dinklage VV, Taylor Schilling VV, Jake Gyllenhaal VV, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Max Von Sydow, Alice Cooper VV, Julianne Moore VV, Helen Mirren VV, Gene Wilder, Michael C. Hall, Hank Jr, Roger Moore, Daniel Craig VV, Reba, Hugo Weaving VV, Ann-Margret, Thomas Haden Church VV, Billy Zane VV, Alan Rickman VV, Weird Al, Russell Crowe, Jerry Seinfeld VV, Will Ferrell VV, Michelle Williams VV, Toby Keith, Ian McKellen, Kathleen Turner VV, Tom Berenger, Robert Duvall, Joe Cocker, Rupert Grint VV, Ed Harris VV, Vanessa Redgrave VV, Alec Baldwin VV, Kirk Douglas, Michael Caine, Henry Cavill, Jason Lee, John Williams,
coachk28
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by coachk28 »

gary paris wrote:dont wanna be out of line but if you send a letter to a star and you get a picture back signed in my opinion its real. i dont care if the dog signed it point is you sent request and it was fulfilled. if your just collecting for yourself you gotta figure its real. it your gonna sell them i think this is the wrong site. people should by them of ebay or something but who says those are real. ive got signed lithographs with certificates of authenticity but i didnt see the star sign them. i just assume there real. anyone share this opinion? gary

No one thinks that! This maybe one of the dumbest things I have ever heard.
gary paris
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by gary paris »

then i guess you should take a piture to the stars house and have them sign it. but some of you so called intelligent folks would say well that dont look right either. they are not charging you to send or sign anything. so get off your high horse goofball.
gary paris
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by gary paris »

i was just trying o make a point. ive got a jordon autograph in person and one a a convention in vegas they dont match exactly but pretty close. he signed it and i saw it but there not exactly the same. and to the one that says its the dumbest thing they ever heard its a HOBBY not a business. im sure you understand that dont you? so nice comeback coach.i didnt realize you were a professional. crushphoto ill let you know who im gonna send to so you can sign it and have your grandma make me a c.o.a. ok get real
coachk28
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by coachk28 »

gary paris wrote: if you send a letter to a star and you get a picture back signed in my opinion its real. i dont care if the dog signed it point is you sent request and it was fulfilled. if your just collecting for yourself you gotta figure its real.

For us dumb collectors here... please explain what that statment means?

B/c to me... it is the most asinine thing I have ever heard.

According to your rationalization.... If I send a picture to Michael Jordan TTM to get signed... and his maid signs it instead... just b/c I get a response, then it is real? Especially if I am keeping it for myself... it is real?

You need to check yourself into a mental health institution.