Glossy vs Matte?

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
harrypotter1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Glossy vs Matte?

Post by harrypotter1 »

i'm thinking about ordering a matte print, but i've always used glossy. Do autos look better on matte?
BossC
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Glossy vs Matte?

Post by BossC »

I usually use glossy but I have used matte. I think they both work fine.

I have heard some people prefer matte--they say the pen stays on better but either kind can smear. I might have had one photo smear but I can't think of one off the top of my head. I just usually get whatever kind is on sale. :)

BossC
AuroraLuna
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by AuroraLuna »

I use whatever I get! :) Sometimes glossy and sometimes matte ^^ As long as the autograph doesn't smudge all over the place, it's the same for me.
Received: Imelda Staunton (VV), Matthew Lewis, Shirley Henderson, Daniel Radcliffe (PP x2), Alan Rickman (VV), Natalia Tena, Ian McKellen, Emma Thompson, Julie Walters and James & Oliver Phelps!
[b]IP successes: Helen McCrory!
Autos on Marauder's Map: Matthew Lewis, James and Oliver Phelps!
Requests out now:Helen McCrory (VV "The Last of the Haussmans"), Helena Bonham Carter (VV "The Young and Prodigious Spivet"), Emma Watson (VV Noah), Evanna Lynch (LA address) and Nick Moran!
Most wanted: J.K.Rowling, The Golden HP Trio, Rest of Full HP Cast (especially Tom Felton, Evanna Lynch and Helena Bonham Carter!), Johnny Depp and Robert Downey Jr.

Sorry, but I'm not giving out Emma's VV address. Please don't ask.
GO CUBS GO
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by GO CUBS GO »

Matte, glossy sucks....picks up fingerprints and gets chipped way too easily. Use glossy only in an absolute rush!
ultimateager
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ultimateager »

agree with previous posters. if you don't like personalized autographs, glossy is the way to go since you can erase the personalization.

matte, it seems the autograph holds better on and doesn't smudge. although i don't have many autos that have smudged.
Recent Success- Amanda Beard, Peyton Manning, Shane Battier

Best TTM Success- George W Bush, Muhammad Ali, Al Kaline

Favorite IP- Gordie Howe, Frank Thomas, Joe Torre, Joe Dumars

I am the Ultimate Maurice Ager Collector

I WILL OFFER $$$ FOR ANY INFORMATION THAT LEADS ME TO A VIA-VENUE SUCCESS
ScottishDan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ScottishDan »

100% matte. Glossy looks cheap, leaves a shine and picks up finger prints really easy. I only ever use matte now! 8)