Is it ok to send cash instead of stamps?

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
princesscharliemc
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Is it ok to send cash instead of stamps?

Post by princesscharliemc »

I'm from the UK and I want to get autographs from the USA and IRC isn't available to me and stamps from the USA are hard to get or expensive so I was wondering is it ok to send mail requesting for a autograph if it includes letter, photo, self addressed envelope and $?

If it's ok how much is appropriate?

dancingirl1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Is it ok to send cash instead of stamps?

Post by dancingirl1 »

r u gonna send US $$?
Britney Spears==>> 6 #1 albums. 2 diamond albums. 8 platinum albums. 400+ awards. 200M+ records sold. Britney has sold over 45 million records this decade despite only releasing three albums. Globally, Britney has more #1 singles than any other female artist except Madonna and Rihanna. "Oops!...I Did It Again" by Britney is the 5th best selling album of the 2000s decade worldwide. Britney is the only female artist to chart her first seven albums in the top two of the Billboard 200. Britney has achieved at least one #1 album in 3 different decades (90's, 00's, 10's). Britney is the first solo female artist from the 90's to reach 1 billion Spotify streams. Despite NOT even being a single, 'Tom's Diner', ft. Britney , has become Giorgio Moroders best-selling digital track. 2015 Billboard Awards ratings reached a 14-year high, with numbers peaking during Britney's performance. She IS the princess of Pop. Bow Down! #StayMadHaters
sohryu76
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by sohryu76 »

princesscharliemc wrote:I'm from the UK and I want to get autographs from the USA and IRC isn't available to me and stamps from the USA are hard to get or expensive so I was wondering is it ok to send mail requesting for a autograph if it includes letter, photo, self addressed envelope and $?

If it's ok how much is appropriate?

2-3 dollars for a normal letter. Maybe an extra dollar if you are doing an 8x10
What I would really recommend is leaving the envelope unsealed, finding out how much it is going to cost to send to the US... and putting that much money in so they can send it back, rounded up to the next dollar.
http://sohryu76-autographs.blogspot.com/ - my Autograph Collecting Blog. Thanks for looking!
http://breadnfire.tumblr.com/ - Peeta Mellark's version of the Hunger Games
Marvel Avengers Alliance Game - Great Time Killer
Currently Waiting For:
Nikki Reed, Josh Hutcherson (Private Address), Jennifer Lawrence (Private Address), Gwyneth Paltrow (Iron Man 3 VV), Josh Duhamel (VV), Julianne Hough (VV), Mark Ruffalo (VV), Jennifer Lawrence (VV), Josh Hutcherson (VV)

Pending In Order:
Julia Jones, Sno E. Blac, Elisha Cuthbert, Amber Lancaster, Aly Michalka, Taylor Swift Booboo Stewart (Once Julia Jones comes back)

Received:
Norman Reedus (VV-The Walking Dead) 7/16/2012, Isabelle Fuhrman 08/21/2012, Jennifer Lawrence Sec 09/08/2012, Ashley Greene (VV) 03/02/2013, Suzanne Collins (Private Address) 03/11/2013
princesscharliemc
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by princesscharliemc »

@dancingirl1 Yes it's in US cash. @sohryu76 Thanks i'm going to do that :)
Blackhawks026
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Blackhawks026 »

Yeah, cash is always the 2nd best option besides actual stamps. I would NEVER recomend IRC's... they're a big hassle for everyone involved.

If you're sending a normal 4x6 pic or notecard to be signed, $1 would be fine (it only costs $1.05 to ship normal sized letters internationally). I don't think any celeb would mind covering that extra 5 cents. If you you send anything around the size of a 5x7 pic, $2 minimum. For a 8x10 pic, $3-$4 would be good.
~Currently taking a break from collecting to focus on school~

Harry Potter Autographs: Tom Felton (IP), Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, Alan Rickman, James & Oliver Phelps, Warwick Davis, Matthew Lewis, Shirley Henderson, Maggie Smith, Richard Griffiths, Scarlett Byrne, Robert Hardy, Mirriam Margoyles, Fiona Shaw, Gemma Jones, Hazel Douglas, Imelda Staunten, Harry Melling, Emma Thompson, Zoe Wanamaker, David Ryall, Isabella Laughland, Sophie Thompson, Ciaran Hinds, Julie Walters, Andy Linden, Jim Broadbent, Christian Coulson, Kenneth Branagh, Dave Legeno, Jessica Hynes, Bill Nighy, Jeff Rawle, Amelda Brown, Margery Mason, Natalia Tena, Helen McCrory, Bonnie Wright, John Hurt, Mateylok Gibbs, Chris Rankin, Terence Baylor, Guy Henry, Arben Bajrakturaj, Alfie Enoch, Michelle Fairly, Alexandre Desplat, Ryan Turner, David Bradley, Rhys Ifans and Nina Young

Check out my Harry Potter autographs (along with my entire autograph collection) here : http://tinyurl.com/6uafx5g
cardinalfan9633
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by cardinalfan9633 »

Yes, I sent a dollar to the Diamondbacks to send back one of my 4x6 pictures because I couldn't fit another envelope in. I sent a poster to Dan Majerle and sent him $1.50 to send it back in a manila envelope. I should've sent him more, because I haven't gotten it back yet. The thing is, I used two stamps and I believe since it was in state that was sufficient to send a manila envelope with. It made it there because I spoke with his assistant, but I haven't gotten it back yet because he's been in Nevada.
EmmaSheree
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by EmmaSheree »

Hi,
Im from the UK
i get some USD and put them in a envelope
i send $2-$3 sometimes $1 coz the photo i sent was just a 6X4

I also explain in detail in my letter why i am including dollars
Bri0626
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Bri0626 »

To anyone outside of the USA looking for USA postage stamps: I sell them! :) Please see the link in my signature if you are interested. I take PayPal only for now, as it is the quickest and safest way to pay. My shipping charge is minimal. I have many members of the forum who can give feedback. Just thought I would try and help some people out!

Last 5 Received: William Kircher, Saoirse Ronan, Ciarán Hinds, Lupita Nyong'o, Rhys Ifans.
Last 5 Sent: Jack O'Connell, Richard Madden, Lily James, Alfie Allen, Jesse Eisenberg.
Most Wanted: Matthew Gray Gubler/CM cast, LOTR/Hobbit cast: Lee Pace, Hugo Weaving, Evangeline Lilly, Viggo Mortensen, Billy Boyd, etc.
View my collection HERE!
EmmaSheree

Post by EmmaSheree »

Bri0626 wrote:To anyone outside of the USA looking for USA postage stamps: I sell them! :) Please see the link in my signature if you are interested. I take PayPal only for now, as it is the quickest and safest way to pay. My shipping charge is minimal. I have many members of the forum who can give feedback. Just thought I would try and help some people out!
Thank you for the offer