DAME MAGGIE SMITH SUCCESS!!!

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
boelcc
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

DAME MAGGIE SMITH SUCCESS!!!

Post by boelcc »

So I am thrilled to have finally received my pictures back autographed by Maggie Smith! Funny story, I sent the two pictured with the compliments note and the Downton Abbey Pic was meant to be signed to "James" and the Harry Potter one was meant to be signed to "Joe". She accidentally signed them both to "Joe", so they included an additional, very similar Downton photo and she signed it to "James" for me. The one she sent was much better quality anyways than the one I sent, so I am very pleased that they went through the trouble to make the correction. I was a bit worried I would never see this return because everyone else who sent around the same time was getting there stuff back and I was still waiting on mine. Now, a question for everyone with experience....I raised an eyebrow when I saw how similar Maggie's secretarys' handwriting is to her own....do you think the autographs she has been mailing out are authentic or secretarial? Thanks for the input. I've been collecting a very long time and if it were up to me I would say they are authentic, in fact, I would sooner say Maggie is forging her secretary's handwriting before I would think her signature was secretarial :) Let me know your opinions.. Thanks and have a great time collecting! Sorry, no envelope pic, but she kindly paid for postage to return these to me.

Sent: May 6th, 2012
Received: June 30th, 2012

Independent Talent Group Ltd.
Oxford House
76 Oxford Street
London W1D 1BS
UK
admin
Site Admin

Re: DAME MAGGIE SMITH SUCCESS!!!

Post by admin »

Hi boelcc :)

Thank you for your feedback {up} Great Success :P

You have been added to the list for the $10 gift certificate.

{star} Maggie Smith on Fanmail.biz | Previous Feedback(s) Received

Fanmail 8)
Spud94
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Spud94 »

Congrats, I got her a few months ago {up}
LunaMellark
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by LunaMellark »

Congrats, hope I get my reply soon! :)

Favourite Successes: Derek Thompson, David Ames, Daniel Radcliffe (IP/VV), Evanna Lynch (IP), Colin Morgan, Amber Riley, Naya Rivera, Sarah Close, Ellie Goulding and John Boyega (VV).

Most Wanted: Tom Odell, Casualty Cast, Holby City Cast, Skins Cast, Harry Potter Cast (Rupert Grint, Bonnie Wright) Eastenders Cast, Coronation Street Cast, Hollyoaks Cast, Glee Cast and Sherlock Cast.
AbbieHorton
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by AbbieHorton »

Congrats!! I'd say they're authentic because there are some differences between maggie's and the sec's (the 'J', for example, look different) hope this helps :D
Follow me on twitter! http://twitter.com/Abbie_Horton
or Instagram @planetofthegrapes / Abbie Horton

Also visit my Etsy shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/redcarpetrebellion

Most Wanted: Helena Bonham Carter, Milla Jovovich, Jennifer Lawrence, Jessicca Ennis, Victoria Pendelton Rooney Mara <<<< LOVE THIS WOMAN!

Recieved: Matthew Lewis, Micheal Sheen, Daniel Radcliffe PP, Natalia Tena, Helen McCrory, Michael Sheen, Emma Thompson, Bam Margera, Kate Beckinsale, Toby Jones, Dakota Fanning, Judi Dench, Cieran Hinds, Steven Yeun, Imelda Staunton, Richard Griffiths, Maggie Smith, Alfie Enoch, Amanda Seyfried, Rebecca Adlington, Julie Walters, Charlie Adlard, Emali Sande PP, Danielle King, Cameron Diaz, Jessica Ennis, Oscar Pistorius, Mo Farah, Mark Cavendish, Sarah Wayne Callies
dingleborder
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dingleborder »

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&saf ... 0QGOnOX6Ag

Every autograph there looks the same as yours, so I believe it is authentic :)
Dammit_
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Dammit_ »

Congrats on your success! :D
SWfan27
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by SWfan27 »

I too have her authentic autograph :D yours are definately authentic because mine look the same :D
Latest Success: Joanne Froggatt
Most Wanted Successes: EMMA WATSON, the rest of the Harry Potter Cast, Star Wars cast, OUAT cast, Pirates of the Caribbean cast, LOTR/The Hobbit cast, Downton Abbey cast, Ewan McGregor, Liv Tyler, Martin Freeman, Orlando Bloom, Penelope Cruz, Once Upon a Time Cast
Favorite Autographs: Ewan McGregor, Rupert Grint, Michael Gambon, Rachel McAdams, and so much more!
Check out my autograph website: http://lovetocollectautographs.blogspot.com/
GraphCollector
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by GraphCollector »

boelcc wrote:So I am thrilled to have finally received my pictures back autographed by Maggie Smith! Funny story, I sent the two pictured with the compliments note and the Downton Abbey Pic was meant to be signed to "James" and the Harry Potter one was meant to be signed to "Joe". She accidentally signed them both to "Joe", so they included an additional, very similar Downton photo and she signed it to "James" for me. The one she sent was much better quality anyways than the one I sent, so I am very pleased that they went through the trouble to make the correction. I was a bit worried I would never see this return because everyone else who sent around the same time was getting there stuff back and I was still waiting on mine. Now, a question for everyone with experience....I raised an eyebrow when I saw how similar Maggie's secretarys' handwriting is to her own....do you think the autographs she has been mailing out are authentic or secretarial? Thanks for the input. I've been collecting a very long time and if it were up to me I would say they are authentic, in fact, I would sooner say Maggie is forging her secretary's handwriting before I would think her signature was secretarial :) Let me know your opinions.. Thanks and have a great time collecting! Sorry, no envelope pic, but she kindly paid for postage to return these to me.

Sent: May 6th, 2012
Received: June 30th, 2012

Independent Talent Group Ltd.
Oxford House
76 Oxford Street
London W1D 1BS
UK

The O and the R together on the For James and the O and the R on the sec note look way similar, I wouldn’t rule out a sec signature here, or perhaps the dedication at least being a secretarial.
Chuck Diecko
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Chuck Diecko »

My guess would be the signature is real but the dedication might be by the sec as is common with many celebs.

Look at the 'r' in 'For' and in the compliment slip. Most of them look like 'v's.

Either weay I think you have 3 genuine Maggie Smith autographs

Just my thoughts.

Cheers