New UK postal prices.

Moderators' Forum.
TheCollector
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

New UK postal prices.

Post by TheCollector »

Hi guys :P

Just a quick heads up to let you know I have updated the UK postal prices in the Postal Price thread to take into account the new post rices from 3 April 2006, and the revised postal system from August.

http://www.fanmail.biz/mboard/viewtopic ... 9124#49124

Ian :mrgreen:
sabrewulf
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by sabrewulf »

Ian,

Thanks for taking the time to update the prices, that information is very handy.

I was wondering if you, or any other UK collectors reading this, are having trouble getting hold of IRCs?

My local Post Office has run out (I think it was only me that bought them there), and they are not stocking them anymore.

Im down to my last 10, which means I can send 5 more letters out.

Do you think I will get less returns if I send an addressed envelope only?

Any thoughts welcome. {up}

Cheers
sabrewulf
nowandagain

Post by nowandagain »

Hi sabrewolf :D

If your post office isn't stocking them any more, couldn't you ask for them to order some in for you? Or ask someone you know that goes to another post office to ask and buy some for you?

As for sending a SAE with your letter, it may reduce your chances of getting a reply, as the SASE simplifies the process of having something returned to you (and you also pay return postage, which some are reluctant to pay for.)

nowandagain [rockon]
sabrewulf
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by sabrewulf »

Hi nowandagain,

Thanks for your thoughts 8)

Technically, my local Post Office hasnt said they dont stock them, they just keep telling me to 'Come back next week' Ive been back there 3 weeks now and they still dont have any.

I guess I'll have to ask other people to try for me, like you suggest.

As for sending out just an addressed envelope, I dont like to send out a request without some kind of effort to cover the return postage, but as an experiment, I think I'll give it a go. I'll let you know how I get on in the Feedback section.

All the best {up}
sabrewulf