Personalized or Not?

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.

Personalized or Not?

You may select 1 option

View results

simba
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by simba »

I like when the celeb personalizes it to me. It makes me feel special that nobody has the exact same one as me, and it makes me feel as tho the they actually read my letter and appreciate my thoughts. 8) :wink:

I like this poll too. :wink:
gschilljr
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by gschilljr »

I liked them personalized when I first started collecting now I just like the signature. TTM usually gets personalized but I don't stress out over it either. I don't ask celebs ttm not to personalize because to me that gives them a red flag and they are less inclined to sign for you.
thetraitor7
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

a little of both

Post by thetraitor7 »

For me, it really depends on the item being signed if I like it personalized or not. Keep in mind most of my autographs are sports-related.

For photos I really think they look good personalized, as do posters, postcards, business cards & index cards. Like alot of people feel, it means alot more and has more personal value. I never sell anything I get signed, so a personalized photograph is great.

Sportscards really look good without a personalization. Sure, you get your name on it, but I think it looks odd. Even though I don't sell them, I can't help but feel they become worthless if they put my name on it. Same with balls, caps, bats, jerseys, shoes & pretty much anything else. They all just look alot nicer in a case if they don't have "To You" on it. Makes a much more visually appealing display, in my opinion.
F.A.D.E

Post by F.A.D.E »

I prefer them personalised and with sweet or crazy inscriptions - I think that's more special :D

Fatima xxx
starreyes

Post by starreyes »

Actualy, I think I'll have to agree with Fatima to some extent. I prefer to have them personalized, but it's even better if they reference your letter, or make some silly or witty comment. I know I already posted my opinion, just had to readjust it :mrgreen:
Emiley
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Emiley »

I like personalized.
You know like the celebrity really read your letter.. Or whatever you sent and it's more special.. And valuable :lol:
Lydz
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Lydz »

Personally, I prefer getting personalised autographs. That way, I just feel that they enjoyed the letter more and they appreciate what you write.
That's just how I feel
But in a way, if they don't have the time to write your name on it, it's better being authenic than a PP.
"Action is character. If we never did anything, we wouldn't be anyone."
Mighty_Modders
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Mighty_Modders »

i like em personalised, you know then that it hasnt just come off a pile and shoved in an envelope by some pa or something...makes it more personal too. makes it feel like they're your mate or something :lol:

and as for messages, i dont think many people will ever beat the random words from brian blessed. i do like that one....VULTAN! FLASH GORDON! its like hes stood there shouting with his giant beard next to me :lol:
NickHanson
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by NickHanson »

I like personalized alot better, but half the ones I ask to personalize it don't. :wink:
Nick Hanson
Recent Successes
Shane O'Brien, D Tampa Bay Lightning
Vinny Prospal, LW Tampa Bay Lightning
Martin St. Louis, RW Tampa Bay Lightning
Smudge
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Smudge »

Hey!

Great topic you've posted here by the way! :wink:

Anyway, here's my opinion...

I happen to enjoy BOTH! My Autograph Collection is separated into 2 folders, Dedicated and Undedicated...

I often flick through them both and enjoy looking at each and every autograph. Some I prefer being dedicated to me (such as my Ian McKellen autographs or my Cameron Diaz autograph) and others I prefer just to be undedicated.

I honestly think it depends upon who it is from!

Happy Collecting! :D
"I was nothing more than an almost innocent bystander!"

http://www.freewebs.com/smudgethecollector/

http://www.myspace.com/ajpcproductions