Barack Obama

Are you unsure if your autograph is authentic or not? Post it in here and the Fanmail.biz community will try to clear it up for you.
MW1221
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Barack Obama

Post by MW1221 »

Two Obama signatures, wondering what y'all thought.

I think the first one is an obvious autopen, but I'm not sure about the second.. What do you think?

xoJenniferxo421
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Barack Obama

Post by xoJenniferxo421 »

I think you meant the opposite (;

But I think the first one is a bad attempt at his autograph as how there's so many ink spots (as in the pen stops in the middle and no fluent writing). That's just my opinion but i'm not an expert at this.
Most Wanted: Selena Gomez, The Wanted, Emma Stone, Andrew Garfield, Glee Cast, Hunger Games Cast, Percy Jackson Cast, Degrassi Cast
Success: Nina Dobrev, Justin Bieber, PP's of Jensen Ackles Selena Gomez Anne Hathaway Kristen Stewart Neil Patrick Harris Chris Colfer, Alexander Ludwig, Maggie Q
Latest: Alexander Ludwig, Maggie Q, PP's of Chris Colfer and NPH
Sent: Lucy Hale, Grant Gustin, Amanda Seyfried, Isabelle Fuhrman, Amandla Stenberg, Nick Jonas, Harry Shum Jr., The Wanted, Josh Hutcherson, Laura Marano,
MW1221
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by MW1221 »

xoJenniferxo421 wrote:I think you meant the opposite (;

But I think the first one is a bad attempt at his autograph as how there's so many ink spots (as in the pen stops in the middle and no fluent writing). That's just my opinion but i'm not an expert at this.
Nope, I meant it as I wrote it. The top has more obvious dots and is more obviously shaky. The second one, to me, may have a chance of being authentic, as it doesn't exhibit so many "tell-tale" autopen signs.

But thank you! :)
joe316
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by joe316 »

The second one could be real if it was signed while he was Senator as it has the U.S Senate Seal. As President he would not sign anything especially that baseball that someone on here claimed that they got back from someone that worked with a Senator. :roll:
MW1221
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by MW1221 »

joe316 wrote:The second one could be real if it was signed while he was Senator as it has the U.S Senate Seal. As President he would not sign anything especially that baseball that someone on here claimed that they got back from someone that worked with a Senator. :roll:
Both were acquired TTM from his Washington DC Senate office. The bottom one came in roughly 2006/early '07, and the top one came in late '07/early '08 (after he had gotten more popular and well known).

I'm 99% sure that the top one is an AP, but I'm somewhat cautiously optimistic about the bottom.
wlperie
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by wlperie »

First photo was signed with an autopen machine. Here is one I received TTM from his senate office: http://s524.photobucket.com/albums/cc32 ... er=noflash

Second one is a preprint. Widely available on eBay and across the web.
MW1221
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by MW1221 »

wlperie wrote:First photo was signed with an autopen machine. Here is one I received TTM from his senate office: http://s524.photobucket.com/albums/cc32 ... er=noflash

Second one is a preprint. Widely available on eBay and across the web.
Thank you!

I searched the Internet, etc. though, and I can't find that photo or that particular signature..
wlperie
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by wlperie »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BARACK-OBAMA-SI ... _500wt_689

Here is one of a few listings on eBay.
Nicksportsautographs
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Nicksportsautographs »

joe316 wrote:The second one could be real if it was signed while he was Senator as it has the U.S Senate Seal. As President he would not sign anything especially that baseball that someone on here claimed that they got back from someone that worked with a Senator. :roll:
I've gotten President Obama In-Person a few times as President. Why do you say he doesn't sign?
nicole175
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by nicole175 »

Nicksportsautographs wrote:
I've gotten President Obama In-Person a few times as President. Why do you say he doesn't sign?
He meant ttm he doesn't in-person I hear he's a great signer
Most Wanted! 1.BSB,2.Miranda Lambert,3.Blake Shelton,4.Whole Twilight Cast,5.TNA & WWE Crew,6.Jason Aldean,7.Haley Mills,8.Bobby Jindale,9.Mercy Me,10.Aaron Carter
(if you have a working address to help with this plz pm letting me know thanks)
Made by me!
http://www.thegraphicsshop.co.cc/
site made and owned by me!