Richard Griffiths Dissapointing Success avec Angry Letter :(

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
Ravenclawking97
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Richard Griffiths Dissapointing Success avec Angry Letter :(

Post by Ravenclawking97 »

Sent 4/1/12

2 sets of 3 photos (1 for me and 1 for my brother)
2 Trading cards
LOR
SASE
Questionnaire

Recieved 9/1/12
1 Photo signed (unpersonalised)
1 trading card signed (unpersonalised
Questionaire unfilled in
My other photos and cards unsigned
A two page A5 letter which reads :
Dear Mr *******,
Enclosed please find your own photos I have autographed two for you. How did you find my address? Obviously it was put on the internet by some “FAN” without my permission. Now I get letters from all over the world. How much time of mine is consumed in replying? A Lot! Though there is NOTHING i can ask, I notice that “FANS” get lots of money trading signed photos on the net. I do not see loyal fans. The truth is that most of them are chancers looking for free money. I no longer supply photos. I wonder why I even need to sign autographs.
It is nice for you I suppose, to have a hobby that you love to spend time on and enjoy. It may amaze you to learn that most adults and working teenagers are too busy making a living to be bothered with it. How many people who were involved in the making of the H.P films? Almost 2000. How many of them can you send bundles of autograph requests directly to their homes? Almost NONE. I dislike the inventiveness of complete strangers demanding my time and attention as if it was a free service to anyone with an internet connection – worldwide.
Please don’t bother me again.
Happy New Year
RG
Please tell me if I have done anything wrong as I don’t know what I’ve done to upset him. I had seen many successes from this address so assumed that it was valid an
Number of Authentic HP autograph's : 59 from 27 people

Personalised : 41 from 21 people

IP:Bertie Gilbert , Ellie Darcey Alden , Evanna Lynch and Scarlett Bryne

TTM : Lenny Henry , Martin Ballyntyme, Freddie Stroma, Daniel Radcliffe, Robert Hardy X 3 ,Rik Mayall , Jessica Hynes, Shirley Henderson, Julian Glover X 3, Dave Legeno X 3, Helena Barlow X 2, Gemma Jones X 3, Richard Griffiths X 2, Toby Jones X 3, Imelda Staunton X 3, Bertie Gilbert X 2, Alan Rickman, Margery Mason X 2, David Ryall X 2 , Mateylok Gibbs X 2 Isabella Laughland X 2, Natalia Tena X 4, Jeff Rawle X 2 and Hazel Douglas X 2.

The scar had not pained Harry for nineteen years. All was well
cineramax
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Richard Griffiths Dissapointing Success avec Angry Lette

Post by cineramax »

What a snotty git lol !

Can't imagine he gets 1000s of requests all the time anyway, and if he doesn't want to sign, just bin them. Obviously he's not too busy to write grumpy letters !

Maybe some people do get annoyed with their home addresses being used, but surely you can just throw the letters away and the mail would stop, rather than writing back moaning to the people, who, at the end of the day, go to watch your films, and thus pay your wages !
parlamentetfanErik
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by parlamentetfanErik »

What the Hell?

If he doesn't like fanmail coming to his private home adress why does he bother to answer them with a rude letter like this? I agree with cineramax,

the directors of Harry Potter found the right Uncle Vernon lol

it would be hallarius if you wrote back and thanking him for the angry letter, he would be like W T F :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll guess that it was the huge staff of item you wanted signed that bumped him up, but don't take it personally I'll guess that it's in him
Last edited by parlamentetfanErik on Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Favourites; Elton John, Willem Dafoe, Willie Nelson, Bryan Cranston VV, Daniel Radcliffe VV, John Goodman VV, Rod Stewart, William H. Macy, Chris Pratt VV, Michael Bolton, Kevin Spacey VV, John Travolta (autnentic - VV), Bill Nighy VV, Kevin Costner VV, Michael Madsen, Peter Dinklage VV, Taylor Schilling VV, Jake Gyllenhaal VV, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Max Von Sydow, Alice Cooper VV, Julianne Moore VV, Helen Mirren VV, Gene Wilder, Michael C. Hall, Hank Jr, Roger Moore, Daniel Craig VV, Reba, Hugo Weaving VV, Ann-Margret, Thomas Haden Church VV, Billy Zane VV, Alan Rickman VV, Weird Al, Russell Crowe, Jerry Seinfeld VV, Will Ferrell VV, Michelle Williams VV, Toby Keith, Ian McKellen, Kathleen Turner VV, Tom Berenger, Robert Duvall, Joe Cocker, Rupert Grint VV, Ed Harris VV, Vanessa Redgrave VV, Alec Baldwin VV, Kirk Douglas, Michael Caine, Henry Cavill, Jason Lee, John Williams,
Big Ben
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Big Ben »

Congrats on your success and sorry for your bad reply. I'm sure it wasn't you who annoyed him, but the huge amount of fan mail being sent to his home does annoy him. He seem to be unable to handle the amount of requests and so he picked you out to vent his anger. Don't take it personally ;-) . Also, he's known for his rude replies :lol:

Are you able to upload some pics of the auto and the letter?
Comments on authenticity welcome!

Check out my website:

http://bens-autographs.webs.com/ - Don't forget to sign into my guest book, please :-)
RYAN-J
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by RYAN-J »

LOL, WOW! What a reply! I'm seeing more and more why he was cast for his role! I think it just comes naturally! :lol: He does make two valid points though, which I keep telling people, but they refuse to listen. #1 people really dislike their private home address posted all over, which is why I hate seeing when people ask for all these home addresses all the time. {down} If they have an agency or a fanmail address set up, write to them there, that's why they have one. No need to send to home addresses, just because people think they'll get a quicker reply.

and #2, people selling and trading photos like he said. Celebrities aren't dumb, they can get on Ebay & all these autograph sites and see all the ones that are on there, and I'm sure a lot of them check quite often. That's why most celebs are 'rude' about signing autographs, because they don't know if their really a fan, or just someone out to make a quick buck because of their popularity status. {down} Dealers and sellers/traders are the downfall of this hobby and it amazes me why 90% of them still haven't figured that out. :neutral:

Congrats on the success though, very unique to say the least! I wouldn't feel bad about the angry letter though, that's just Richard. :lol:

RYAN-J 8)
Check out My Autograph Collection! NONE are for sale or Trade. Sorry. - LIKE {up} My Official Facebook Fan Page!

DUE TO MY BUSY WORK SCHEDULE OUTSIDE OF AUTOGRAPH COLLECTING & INCREASING SPAMMING ISSUES I CAN NO LONGER GIVE OUT OR LOOK UP VIA VENUE OR EMAIL ADDRESSES. TOO MANY 'FANS' WITH THE WRONG COLLECTING MOTIVES ON HERE KEEP ABUSING THESE TYPES OF ADDRESSES AND END UP SELLING THE SIGNED ITEMS LATER ON FOR PROFIT {down}

Printable TTM Log Sheet (Great way to keep track of all your pending requests!!)

Total # of Autographs in my collection: 2,020 Authentic Autographs: 1,872 Pre-Prints & Autopens: 155 Personalized Autographs: 569 Q&A Cards: 40 Cast-signed Broadway Playbills: 15
Harold
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Harold »

Lol. Mr. Griffiths is very strange. Once is here nice and personalised success with nice letter, another time somebody gets scoled, because someone, who isn't from UK enclosed IRC instead stamps and he MUST goes to 17 miles distant post. It's terrible. It looks as people must "love" him in Stratford.

P.S: BTW, it isn't nice from him that he's morose on teen, which than teen WANTS only signed and personalised photos. And last thing. Are in Stratford post box/es? I mean they're. Only Mr. Griffiths is little lazybones or I don't know.

Other, enjoy your success :)
parlamentetfanErik
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by parlamentetfanErik »

RYAN-J wrote:LOL, WOW! What a reply! I'm seeing more and more why he was cast for his role! I think it just comes naturally! :lol: He does make two valid points though, which I keep telling people, but they refuse to listen. #1 people really dislike their private home address posted all over, which is why I hate seeing when people ask for all these home addresses all the time. {down} If they have an agency or a fanmail address set up, write to them there, that's why they have one. No need to send to home addresses, just because people think they'll get a quicker reply.

and #2, people selling and trading photos like he said. Celebrities aren't dumb, they can get on Ebay & all these autograph sites and see all the ones that are on there, and I'm sure a lot of them check quite often. That's why most celebs are 'rude' about signing autographs, because they don't know if their really a fan, or just someone out to make a quick buck because of their popularity status. {down} Dealers and sellers/traders are the downfall of this hobby and it amazes me why 90% of them still haven't figured that out. :neutral:

Congrats on the success though, very unique to say the least! I wouldn't feel bad about the angry letter though, that's just Richard. :lol:

RYAN-J 8)

His Agency pass on fanmail to his private adress, a friend of mine send some stuff for him to sign and a SAE but he got a angry letter back as well :roll:
Favourites; Elton John, Willem Dafoe, Willie Nelson, Bryan Cranston VV, Daniel Radcliffe VV, John Goodman VV, Rod Stewart, William H. Macy, Chris Pratt VV, Michael Bolton, Kevin Spacey VV, John Travolta (autnentic - VV), Bill Nighy VV, Kevin Costner VV, Michael Madsen, Peter Dinklage VV, Taylor Schilling VV, Jake Gyllenhaal VV, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Max Von Sydow, Alice Cooper VV, Julianne Moore VV, Helen Mirren VV, Gene Wilder, Michael C. Hall, Hank Jr, Roger Moore, Daniel Craig VV, Reba, Hugo Weaving VV, Ann-Margret, Thomas Haden Church VV, Billy Zane VV, Alan Rickman VV, Weird Al, Russell Crowe, Jerry Seinfeld VV, Will Ferrell VV, Michelle Williams VV, Toby Keith, Ian McKellen, Kathleen Turner VV, Tom Berenger, Robert Duvall, Joe Cocker, Rupert Grint VV, Ed Harris VV, Vanessa Redgrave VV, Alec Baldwin VV, Kirk Douglas, Michael Caine, Henry Cavill, Jason Lee, John Williams,
JessWythe
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by JessWythe »

Gosh he can be so rude sometimes! I guess he just couldn't be bothered to sign all the photos? :(

I wrote a letter a few months ago and drew a sketch of him and he wrote a nice letter on the back of the piece of cardboard which I'd used to prevent the envelope from bending haha!

Sorry for your disappointing success, at least you got the autograph :D
Successes in June 2012: Angel Coulby (x2), Bonnie Wright (PP)

Last 5 Requests Sent: Imelda Staunton, Rebecca Ferguson, Pixie Lott, Maggie Smith, Guy Henry,

Last 5 Autographs Received: Bonnie Wright (PP), Angel Coulby (x2), Julian Glover (x2), Daniel Radcliffe (PP), Ciaran Hinds
Harry Potter Successes: Daniel Radcliffe (Authentic and PP), Bonnie Wright (PP), Scarlett Byrne, Emma Watson, Helen Mccory (x2), Bill Nighy (x2), Mark Williams, Matthew Lewis (x3), Fiona Shaw (x2), Shirley Henderson, Gemma Jones, Toby Jones, Ciaran Hinds, Julian Glover

Most Wanted: Rupert Grint, Josh Hutcherson, Willow Shields, Isabelle Fuhrman, Louis Tomlinson, Harry Styles, Liam Payne, Zayn Malik, Niall Horan, Helena Bonham Carter, Evanna Lynch, Bonnie Wright, J.K Rowling, Richard Harris, Robert Pattinson

My Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/jesswythe

My Wattpad: http://www.wattpad.com/user/WeasleyTomlinson
ScottishDan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ScottishDan »

LOL! This is quite funny! When writing to Richard Griffiths you should always ask him to personalise the photos that way he may think you're a genuine fan! 8)
Ravenclawking97
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Ravenclawking97 »

I wouldn't of sent to this address had I not seen tens of success's from it. I have not seen a single success from a "fanmail" address. I suppose I should of looked into it further but oh well. I normally send a "Thank you" card to every celebrity that replies so I was thinking of sending one but he did say "Do not bother me again". If he's trying to stop traders then surely he should personalise them as I asked (three to me and three to my brother)? He did reply in a very short time and as I sent it 2nd class and my SASE had a 2nd class stamp on it. He must of replied as soon as it was delivered. Also he says that most people don't have time to "bother" but because it was the school holidays I sent out a batch! Sorry if I've ruined his address. Will be interesting to see any future replies I think? Thanks for all your comments
Number of Authentic HP autograph's : 59 from 27 people

Personalised : 41 from 21 people

IP:Bertie Gilbert , Ellie Darcey Alden , Evanna Lynch and Scarlett Bryne

TTM : Lenny Henry , Martin Ballyntyme, Freddie Stroma, Daniel Radcliffe, Robert Hardy X 3 ,Rik Mayall , Jessica Hynes, Shirley Henderson, Julian Glover X 3, Dave Legeno X 3, Helena Barlow X 2, Gemma Jones X 3, Richard Griffiths X 2, Toby Jones X 3, Imelda Staunton X 3, Bertie Gilbert X 2, Alan Rickman, Margery Mason X 2, David Ryall X 2 , Mateylok Gibbs X 2 Isabella Laughland X 2, Natalia Tena X 4, Jeff Rawle X 2 and Hazel Douglas X 2.

The scar had not pained Harry for nineteen years. All was well