Can celebs receive & reply to fan mail from prison?

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
oldies
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Can celebs receive & reply to fan mail from prison?

Post by oldies »

I sent a letter to Mark David Chapman over a year ago - got no reply.
I sen a letter to Phil Spector (Beatles producer and more...) a few weeks ago - still waiting...

So I was wondering if you ever tried sending to prison addresses?
danielmark23
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Can celebs receive & reply to fan mail from prison?

Post by danielmark23 »

Lil Wanye signed when he was in jail. I think they can only sign index cards with pen or something stupid like that.
ScottishDan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ScottishDan »

I've never tried but I have seen a few successes through prisons so it does work! 8)
automan91
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by automan91 »

Brandon Novak is a good guy
1st Success: Ariana Grande
10th Success: Lee Macphail
Denisrichard
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Denisrichard »

I know that Chapman reads all his mail but never replies. I'm just curious.......what could you have possible written to this guy and why would you want his autograph??? He only robbed us of one of the greatest musical talents there ever was!!! {down} :cry:
Rust never sleeps! The futures uncertain and the end is always near!!!!
macainautos
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by macainautos »

Denisrichard wrote:I know that Chapman reads all his mail but never replies. I'm just curious.......what could you have possible written to this guy and why would you want his autograph??? He only robbed us of one of the greatest musical talents there ever was!!! {down} :cry:
I'm wondering the same thing...
sawfan93
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by sawfan93 »

DenisRichard, i'm also wondering why the OP wants that piece of trash Chapman's autograph, how do you know he reads all his mail?
Kyle.
Currently waiting
Actors & Actresses:Dane Cook, Chris Kattan, Christian Bale, Rachel Mcadams, David Garrison, Kurt Angle, Mick Foley, Gary Sinise, Paul Rudd, Jon Bernthal, Jim Parsons, Michael C. Hall

Voice Actors i am waiting to hear back from: Veronica Taylor, Eric Stuart, H.Jon Benjamin, Jeremy Inman, Richard Cansino, Kevin Conroy, Chris Sabat, Travis Willingham, Luci Christian, Jason Douglas, Michelle Ruff, Beau Billingslea.

Voice Actor Autographs: 700+
vivalakayla
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by vivalakayla »

danielmark23 wrote:Lil Wanye signed when he was in jail. I think they can only sign index cards with pen or something stupid like that.
Thats not true. I wrote to Lil Wayne then and sent him an 8x10 colored photo and he signed it with a red sharpie.
Blackhawks026
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Blackhawks026 »

Denisrichard wrote:I know that Chapman reads all his mail but never replies. I'm just curious.......what could you have possible written to this guy and why would you want his autograph??? He only robbed us of one of the greatest musical talents there ever was!!! {down} :cry:
Yeah what the H*ll is that all about???? Why would you possibly want an autograph from a cold blooded murderer who killed none other then the John Lennon?? {down} {down} {down}
~Currently taking a break from collecting to focus on school~

Harry Potter Autographs: Tom Felton (IP), Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, Alan Rickman, James & Oliver Phelps, Warwick Davis, Matthew Lewis, Shirley Henderson, Maggie Smith, Richard Griffiths, Scarlett Byrne, Robert Hardy, Mirriam Margoyles, Fiona Shaw, Gemma Jones, Hazel Douglas, Imelda Staunten, Harry Melling, Emma Thompson, Zoe Wanamaker, David Ryall, Isabella Laughland, Sophie Thompson, Ciaran Hinds, Julie Walters, Andy Linden, Jim Broadbent, Christian Coulson, Kenneth Branagh, Dave Legeno, Jessica Hynes, Bill Nighy, Jeff Rawle, Amelda Brown, Margery Mason, Natalia Tena, Helen McCrory, Bonnie Wright, John Hurt, Mateylok Gibbs, Chris Rankin, Terence Baylor, Guy Henry, Arben Bajrakturaj, Alfie Enoch, Michelle Fairly, Alexandre Desplat, Ryan Turner, David Bradley, Rhys Ifans and Nina Young

Check out my Harry Potter autographs (along with my entire autograph collection) here : http://tinyurl.com/6uafx5g
oldies
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by oldies »

Blackhawks026 wrote:
Yeah what the H*ll is that all about???? Why would you possibly want an autograph from a cold blooded murderer who killed none other then the John Lennon?? {down} {down} {down}

I collect Beatles related autographs, Chapman is a (negative) part of Beatles & music history.
I did not send a LOR & photos like I usually do, I sent just a letter with a few questions that interests me.