Mitt Romney Email Success

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
ChipperJonesFan
$10 gift certificate winner

Mitt Romney Email Success

Post by ChipperJonesFan »

On 9/25/11, I sent an email to Mitt Romney using his 2012 campaign site. On 10/20/11, I received a signed letter and photo. I know the photo is an AP, but I'm not sure about the letter. All of the signatures I have seen from the letters have been different, and the marker bleeds through the paper in a way where more pressure was applied in certain places than others. I'm not incredibly familiar with AP machines, so I'm not sure if they would do this. I'm definitely open to everyone's opinions.

Photo: http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/3711/romneypic.jpg

Envelope: http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/113/romneyenvelope.jpg

Letter (front): http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/7016 ... rfront.jpg

Letter (back): http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/2531 ... erback.jpg
Most Recent Autograph(s): John Travolta, Larry the Cable Guy

Still Waiting On: Jose Reyes (Mets SS), Shepard Smith, Gordon Ramsay, Jay Leno, Dan Uggla (Braves 2B), Jason Heyward (Braves RF), Jair Jurrjens (Braves P), Freddie Freeman (Braves 1B), Al Roker, Tim Hudson (Braves P), All 8 Republican Presidential Candidates (except Romney), Sarah Palin, Cast of Big Bang Theory, Bob Barker, Several SNL Cast Members

Favorite Autographs: Chipper Jones signed 4x6 (received TTM) and Kasey Kahne signed hat (won in Twitter contest)
admin
Site Admin

Re: Mitt Romney Email Success

Post by admin »

Hi ChipperJonesFan :)

Thank you for your feedback {up} Nice Success :)

http://www.mittromney.com/

You have been added tot he list for the $10 gift certificate.

Fanmail 8)
mgiese84

Post by mgiese84 »

I believe it's either an AP or scan. I'm heavy involved with our local Republican group and his campaign. If you ever get a chance to go see him I encourage you to do so. He's a great speaker and will take time to sign some autographs usually after his speech.
Recent Successes: Jimmie Johnson (NASCAR), Ernie Banks, Matt Kenseth, Denny Hamlin, Jamie McMurry, Josh Hamilton, Larry the Cable Guy, Stan Musial, Ralph Kiner, Hulk Hogan

Check Out My Autograph Collection:
http://gallery.me.com/mgiese84#100030
marokee
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by marokee »

hey

on the front and back of the letter you se there is "pools" of ink at the beginning and ending of letters/strokes.
this is indicative of an AP machine. the machine takes longer to "think" of what to do at the beginning/end of lines and such.

its a nice success regardless and i hope you are able to get him sometime in ur future.
marokee
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by marokee »

hey

on the front and back of the letter you se there is "pools" of ink at the beginning and ending of letters/strokes.
this is indicative of an AP machine. the machine takes longer to "think" of what to do at the beginning/end of lines and such.

its a nice success regardless and i hope you are able to get him sometime in ur future.
ChipperJonesFan

Yeah, I do want to go see him at some point. I saw Herman Cain a couple of weeks ago, and he took no time to sign at the end (which was disappoining). I'm not too bothered that it's an autopen though. It's not like I'm going to sell it, and someone who comes to my house and sees it isn't going to notice the difference.

Thanks everyone for your help. :)

Still Waiting On: Jose Reyes (Mets SS), Shepard Smith, Gordon Ramsay, Jay Leno, Dan Uggla (Braves 2B), Jason Heyward (Braves RF), Jair Jurrjens (Braves P), Freddie Freeman (Braves 1B), Al Roker, Tim Hudson (Braves P), All 8 Republican Presidential Candidates (except Romney), Sarah Palin, Cast of Big Bang Theory, Bob Barker, Several SNL Cast Members

Favorite Autographs: Chipper Jones signed 4x6 (received TTM) and Kasey Kahne signed hat (won in Twitter contest)
joe316
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by joe316 »

Now that even Obama is using an auto-pen machine to sign bills into law. It won't be long before the much hated Presidential auto-pen signatures are as valuable as the originals because of the acceptance of its use. Probably why old auto-pen signatures done by JFK are actually still very valuable since almost nobody has an original cause everything other then bills were auto-penned by him.
bmullin1835
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by bmullin1835 »

Even though it is an AP autograph, congratulations on your success. I've yet to write a TTM to a U.S. politician through fanmail. The only politicians I've met in person and both of them happen to be at book signings were Mayor Rudy Giuliani and Gov. Mike Huckabee. Both of them were really nice and very down to earth. 8) [us]
ChipperJonesFan

The only other politician I have is John Kasich (Governor of Ohio). I saw him speak in person once, and I could see him becoming president at some point so that would be cool to have. I'm also waiting on one from Ron Paul. His office contacted me about a month ago and said they were sending me one, so that should coming soon as well. 8)

bmullin1835
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by bmullin1835 »

Now that would be something, getting a signed photo of Ron Paul. I also wouldn't mind getting Gov. Chris Christe and Rep. Peter King.
8) [us]