Bobby Grich (Frmr Orioles and Angels 2nd baseman) failure

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
dagoz
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Bobby Grich (Frmr Orioles and Angels 2nd baseman) failure

Post by dagoz »

On 8/29/11, I sent letter, card and SASE to Bobby Grich who is a former Baltimore Orioles. I sent it to the LA Angels addy in the database. On 9/22/11 I received a letter giving me an address and a price list. The reason for the charge is to authenticate the autograph. I am enclosing the letter so if you want to pay for his autograph you will have that information.

Blackhawks026
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Bobby Grich (Frmr Orioles and Angels 2nd baseman) failur

Post by Blackhawks026 »

So basically you're paying to make sure it's authentic? What..? That's stupid... Money has nothing to do with making sure it's authentic? This sounds like one VERY LAME excuse to only sign if you pay them...
~Currently taking a break from collecting to focus on school~

Harry Potter Autographs: Tom Felton (IP), Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, Alan Rickman, James & Oliver Phelps, Warwick Davis, Matthew Lewis, Shirley Henderson, Maggie Smith, Richard Griffiths, Scarlett Byrne, Robert Hardy, Mirriam Margoyles, Fiona Shaw, Gemma Jones, Hazel Douglas, Imelda Staunten, Harry Melling, Emma Thompson, Zoe Wanamaker, David Ryall, Isabella Laughland, Sophie Thompson, Ciaran Hinds, Julie Walters, Andy Linden, Jim Broadbent, Christian Coulson, Kenneth Branagh, Dave Legeno, Jessica Hynes, Bill Nighy, Jeff Rawle, Amelda Brown, Margery Mason, Natalia Tena, Helen McCrory, Bonnie Wright, John Hurt, Mateylok Gibbs, Chris Rankin, Terence Baylor, Guy Henry, Arben Bajrakturaj, Alfie Enoch, Michelle Fairly, Alexandre Desplat, Ryan Turner, David Bradley, Rhys Ifans and Nina Young

Check out my Harry Potter autographs (along with my entire autograph collection) here : http://tinyurl.com/6uafx5g
da0604
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by da0604 »

That's really too bad because in his playing days he was very good at in person autographs.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi dagoz :)

Thank you for your feedback {up}

Would you have a scan of the envelope you received please?
If so, you are in the run for the $10 gift certificate.

{star} Bobby Grich on Fanmail.biz | Previous Feedback(s) Received

Fanmail 8)
jeff7915
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jeff7915 »

Dagoz-

Sorry to hear about the failure. I got a reply from Grich about a month ago with no fee. He signs two cards; one of which is the same card in your photo. I only display one card from each player so I don't really need both. You can have "your" card if you like. Just PM me if interested.

JEFF-
macainautos
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by macainautos »

This is because all of the scumbags that make money off of someone elses name and can't go out there and get a f*cking job. I wrote to former Yankee pitcher Jim Coates and he wrote back telling me that the MLBPAA (Major League Baseball Players Alumni Association) is telling all former players not to sign through the mail any longer because of people re-selling them. That's what this letter is, any why Grich (along with many other former players) are now charging for their autograph.
Bigautographhound

Post by Bigautographhound »

Unfortunately this is the (hobby) has come to. It is no longer a hobby but a business to some and the players are aware of this. Many former players require these donations not all for charity. I have heard of entire teams that follow this policy and in the case of a certain team requests are not even returned to you. So good luck to all.
denversoxfan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by denversoxfan »

That's pretty lame, and besides, who's gonna bother to forge Bobby Grich autographs?!?!?!?
Pizzle7
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Pizzle7 »

Lol....Bobby Grich? You must be kidding! He can't give away his auto. What a joke!