International Reply Coupons Question?

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
darinduck
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

International Reply Coupons Question?

Post by darinduck »

I live in the US. At the beginning of March I sent to various British actors in "Doctor Who" and "Life on Mars". For the most part I sent them an 8x10 photo and 2 international reply coupons. I haven't heard back from any of them.

How many International Reply Coupons should I send to actors in the U.K, when sending a large envelope and 8x10 or 5x8 photos?

Thanks for the help!
kimmylee
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: International Reply Coupons Question?

Post by kimmylee »

Hi, In the UK international post is done by weight only, so 2 coupons should be fine :)

The prices went up recently but don't panic that means the value of the IRC's did too.
NO LONGER ACTIVE
capmonte
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by capmonte »

I've always used 3 and been mostly successful. Sometimes it just takes a while to get a response from the UK.
2014 Successes:
Tom Baker, Patrick Stewart (vv), Peter Cullen, Robin Atkin Downes, Jenna-Louise Coleman, Trace Beaulieu, George Lowe, Joe Dante, Willem Dafoe, Jeffrey Brown, Maurice LaMarche, Alan Oppenheimer, Penn & Teller (last success 10/14/14)
rittdk01
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by rittdk01 »

Forget international Reply Coupons. I got back 25% of my photos when sending those. And the people that sent back to me didnt even know what to do with them since I got them returned with the photos a good portion of the time. U need to switch to stamps makes a huge difference.
capmonte
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by capmonte »

rittdk01 wrote:Forget international Reply Coupons. I got back 25% of my photos when sending those. And the people that sent back to me didnt even know what to do with them since I got them returned with the photos a good portion of the time. U need to switch to stamps makes a huge difference.
I guess it all depends on who you send to. I've never had an IRC returned, and I'd say I've had a good 85% success rate, when writing to celebs in the UK.
2014 Successes:
Tom Baker, Patrick Stewart (vv), Peter Cullen, Robin Atkin Downes, Jenna-Louise Coleman, Trace Beaulieu, George Lowe, Joe Dante, Willem Dafoe, Jeffrey Brown, Maurice LaMarche, Alan Oppenheimer, Penn & Teller (last success 10/14/14)