How to you keep track of your autograph requests?

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
actimbrook
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

How to you keep track of your autograph requests?

Post by actimbrook »

I was sitting here making an Excel spreadsheet to keep track of dates/addresses etc, but I was wondering what everyone else does. I see that some people keep information on note cards, so how do you store those and keep track? I'd love some organizational ideas! My desk is covered in envelopes, pieces of paper, notebooks, etc. with addresses.

Thanks!!
Check out my received items - I try to update it as much as possible
http://actimbrook.blogspot.com

Waiting to receive: Avenged Sevenfold, Tim McGraw, Drowning Pool, Salt & Pepa, LMFAO, Katy Perry, AKON, Duran Duran, Taylor Swift, Usher, Rascal Flatts, Motley Crue, Poison, Kenny Chesney, Josh Groban, Michael Buble, Keith Urban, Lupe Fiasco, Charlie Sheen, Elton John, Jeff Foxworthy, Bon Jovi, NKOTB
Tabby
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: How to you keep track of your autograph requests?

Post by Tabby »

I have a sheet of paper with a list of people I have sent out to and the date I sent it out. I put it on my bulletin board in my room.
I mainly collect voice actor and Disney related autographs-Any questions with Disney successes/addresses? Feel free to PM me!
swiftndbieber
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by swiftndbieber »

I have a huge ring binder full of plactic wallets and I keep every thing in there. I cut out little pices of paper for each plastic wallet and write on it the address I am using the date I have sent it and the date I have recieved something back. I keep requests that are already prepared to be sent in here aswell then when I send them I fill in the sent date and move that walet to the section of my ring binder with the autos I am waiting on. If I get a reply I fill in on the little piece of paper the date I recieved something back and move it to the front of the folder with other successes, I put the envelope in the walet with the paper so that I have proof of authenticity and if the celeb has sent back a signed scrapbook page that goes in there aswell and any signed photos get hung in frames on my wall :)
hope this helped :)
Collections:
Pretty Little Liars, Make it or Break it, Hunger Games, Twilight, The Secret Life of an American Teenager, The Fosters, Modern Family, New Girl, Lying Game, Glee, Victorious, Disney , Nickelodeon, Hollywood, Singers, Others

my website: http://abiautographs.weebly.com/
katty1989
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by katty1989 »

im thinking about making a scrap book with my sucessful addresses in along with signed autograph and date sent and recieved.
favourites
matt smith, karren gillen, tom felton
autographs rechieved
matt smith, karen gillen,Bernard Cribbins, harry hill, tom felton-( Autographs For Sale / Exchange-racheal)

still waiting on:
, david taennant, billei piper, most haunted, christopher eccleston,

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE YOU A CELEBS EMAIL I WILL NOT GIVE IT TO YOU
Lauren81492
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Lauren81492 »

I use Excel too, it's worked pretty well for me.
DanaRenoMBA
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by DanaRenoMBA »

I also keep an excel spread sheet. I lost all my records when my computer crashed about 5 years ago, so now I have everything backed up on a zip drive.

Pages in my spread sheet include names and addresses I have mailed to (one page per year) for each of the past 5 years.
I also have separate pages for autographs received (again one per year) and a sheet listing all successes over the past (nearly) 40 years. As well as a list of people that I intend to send to but have not mailed to yet as well as their addresses

In a separate file I have scans (I have a 16 gig zip drive) with scans of every autograph with separate pages for different "collections" as well as (on another zip drive) a master file. Not included in my collection (but I have a file of scans for fakes-AP PP stamp sec etc.) I do have some exceptions simply due to my laziness (I still have part of my collection that has not been scanned).

I am retired (just over 6 years) so I have more time for keeping track of my collection.
I have been asked many times about trading / selling some of my autographs. I am sorry but my collection is not and will not be for sale.
capmonte
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by capmonte »

I keep both my outstanding requests and my full list of autographs as Google docs files.
2014 Successes:
Tom Baker, Patrick Stewart (vv), Peter Cullen, Robin Atkin Downes, Jenna-Louise Coleman, Trace Beaulieu, George Lowe, Joe Dante, Willem Dafoe, Jeffrey Brown, Maurice LaMarche, Alan Oppenheimer, Penn & Teller (last success 10/14/14)
dfreely
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dfreely »

I keep names and dates on a basic Word file.. pretty boring.
HappinessStan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by HappinessStan »

Excel, with all sorts of completely unnecessary fancy conditional formatting to make it seem more important than it actually is. Name, address used, date sent, date received seem to be the useful fields.

I email it to myself from time to time using a webmail account in case the PC dies, but don't think I'd get as stressed about losing it now as I would have done when I started. I store the autos in the order they arrive, which provides a marginally interesting time line but makes them almost impossible to find quickly.
packrat

Post by packrat »

I use the spreadsheets also, but use the free OpenOffice version that can be found online. The biggest benefit is being able to find a request fast by using the search function in case I need to update it or share information.

The only difference is that once I get a success, I don't save the address. It gets reported here and on another site and (hopefully) gets included in the respective databases so that I don't need to keep track of them. Besides, once I send to a certain individual I seldom will send to that person again, so there is no need to keep track of addresses.