Personal letters/responses from celebs

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
metroid788
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Personal letters/responses from celebs

Post by metroid788 »

What do you guys send if you want to try and get one? I've seen some successes with people including a index card in their letters.

How does everyone here try to get personal messages back?
RYAN J.

Re: Personal letters/responses from celebs

Post by RYAN J. »

To be honest, It's all up to the celeb on whether they want to send replies back such as notes or letters. I do my part by sending items for them to sign and a SASE for them to reply with. I also handwrite every request I send out.

I do make little Q&A cards, but I never demand that they fill them out, only if they have time and want to. so far I've gotten 30 filled out by various celebrities. {up}

RYAN J. 8)
NoRightClick
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by NoRightClick »

I usually send a 1 page hand written letter.
With that I will include either CD, DVD or record jackets to get signed.
I am probably one of the few on here who send out many to one celeb at a time.
But thats just me and how i do. I have always gotten everything I sent signed.

Most Recent Success In Person: BOBBY BROWN
Most Recent Success TTM: TEVIN CAMPBELL
Waiting For: HARRY CONNICK JR
Most Wanted: BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN
Johnny's Fan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Johnny's Fan »

I don't do anything to really "try" to get a personal message, which is why I always love it when I do get one as I never expected it. Mostly the ones I have had have been something like "thank you for your letter" which has been signed on the picture I sent (I send either pictures or DVD covers depending on who it is) although I have gotten a few letters, little notes and message separate to my pictures.

I think it really depends on what you say in your letter and also who they are - if they don't get much fanmail (or most people only ever mention one film/role/show and you are different), then that might lead them to think "hey, I really liked this letter!", and you might get something back that you never hoped for. :)

Playbills: A Little Night Music (Angela Lansbury), Wicked, A Steady Rain (Daniel Craig & Hugh Jackman), The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, The Phantom of the Opera, Blithe Spirit (Angela Lansbury)
Most Wanted: Jason Isaacs, Andy Serkis, Peter Jackson, Johnny Depp
Personalized: 54
Most prized: Cate Blanchett, Tony Shalhoub, Mary Costa, Daniel Craig, Brad Bird, Patti LuPone, Richard Taylor, Angela Lansbury, Aaron Eckhart, John Rhys-Davis, Eli Wallach, David Wenham, Geoffrey Rush, Ian McKellen