Need a photo at short notice.. any help please?

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
Paws070
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Need a photo at short notice.. any help please?

Post by Paws070 »

I need to send a photo to send a celebrity but at very short notice. Because of this, I won't be able to buy a poster online and have been unsuccessful finding a picture in a magazine. My only choice is to print a photo from home but I am worried the size would be too small for it to be signed as it is 10 x 15 cm and has a glossy surface so a pen might not show up on it.

Does anyone think I should just send a photo from my home printer and hope for the best? Another problem is they might not have photos with them for signing as the address is VV.
Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you :)
Paws070.

Received - Kara Tointon, Barbara Winsor, Lacey Turner, Karen Gillan, Eliza Doolittle, Billie Piper, Robert Pattinson
Most Wanted - JESSIE J, DEMI LOVATO
Lucky Lorri
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Need a photo at short notice.. any help please?

Post by Lucky Lorri »

I'd probably just print the picture from home, that way, if the pen doesn't show up but they DO have photo's with them then they'll sign their own anyway.

There's certainly no harm in sending your own and just hoping for the best.

Good luck {up}
Paws070
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Paws070 »

thanks so much!
Paws070.

Received - Kara Tointon, Barbara Winsor, Lacey Turner, Karen Gillan, Eliza Doolittle, Billie Piper, Robert Pattinson
HappinessStan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by HappinessStan »

As Lorri says, although I'd probably go into a supermarket and have one printed off on their do-it-yourself machines (or put it through online on a one-hour service, chances are it'll be ready by the time you get there). I've never been happy with photos I've printed off, even on the super-duper printers at work.

Apart from one lovely lady who wrote a note on the back of the photo apologising for only having a biro to hand, all the VV ones I've had back have been signed in sharpie. When I started writing to people I thought that glossy photos would be a problem, but haven't found it to be so.

good luck :-)
YorkshirePaul
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by YorkshirePaul »

hello,ive found that is you go onto Google images when you search for a person/celebrity in pictures, you can select the size of the image from what they have, and most are in MB's, so thats worth a look - sometimes pictures dont print out as sharp though - so if you dont want to waste ink/paper at home do try the photo printing machines .Good luck!!!
Paws070
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Paws070 »

thanks for the help - i'll try not to leave it too late next time i send a request.
hope i get a reply still! :)
Paws070.