JonnyWoodey posting in For Sale/Exchange

Moderators' Forum.
Madame_Malfoy

JonnyWoodey posting in For Sale/Exchange

Post by Madame_Malfoy »

Hi y'all,

I know I'm not online very often, sorry about that.. :? But when I do log in, I try to help where I can, and I often visit fanmail.biz and read the feedback posts. I saw that there were a few problems with a member, jonnywoodey in for 'For Sale/Exchange' forum and checked his IP address. I found that he has two accounts and screen captured the image as you can see below.

He's only a 13 year old, not that this excuses his rude behaviour but it means that he does not react well to 'being told off' as he sees it.. :? I sent him a brief, polite PM explaining that it's not ok to have two accounts, especially when he's pretending not to know his 'other account'.. I asked him not to use 'liverpoolfc_forever' and that the people posting in some of his threads were not bullying him, just making him aware of the rules and trying to explain them to him. I said that his more recent post re: selling autographs, was much better but asked him to edit it and include where/when he received this autographs so that it complied with all of the rules.

That's basically it. Not sure if someone else has already contacted him but I don't think he'll be a big problem.. Some people may want to ban him as he did behave pretty badly.. :? I just think if he pulls his act together, it'll be ok..

Thoughts? Thanks,

Olivia
Most Recent Success: Sean Bean and Sir Ian McKellen
Most Recently Sent out: Ralph Fiennes

R.I.P. Heath Ledger

~Credit to Seb88 for my Robert Pattinson set!!~
osiris
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: JonnyWoodey posting in For Sale/Exchange

Post by osiris »

Hi Olivia :) We've already had words with Jonnywoodey (viewtopic.php?f=132&t=56899&start=375) and in fact I believe admin delete the second account at the end of last week :)
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Favourite: David Tennant IP, John Barrowman IP, Patrick Stewart IP, Catherine Tate VV.
Newest: John Simm IP, Suranne Jones IP, Jonathan Groff IP.
Madame_Malfoy

Post by Madame_Malfoy »

Hey Osiris, :D

Ah, that was on the same day I posted my topic and PMed JonnyWoodey.. :razz: I checked the Trainee Mod forums because I didn't want to double post or anything if someone was already doing something about it but I must have missed that! :razz: Sorry.

Well, at least that screen capture I got proves that he's clearly that Liverpoolfc_forever guy. Hopefully he won't cause any more trouble.. My PM to him is still in his outbox so he hasn't read it yet.. :? I just think he's a kid who wants to make some quick money and doesn't like being told that he's done something wrong/against the rules.. :neutral:

Thanks for that Osiris! I'll try to keep an eye on new users too. {up}

Olivia

R.I.P. Heath Ledger

James

Post by James »

I might not be wrong, but is this not the Marc guy we've had problems with before? Spamming people and trying to sell loads of stuff, sounds like him..
osiris
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by osiris »

A few members have posted on The collector 2011's topics & accused him of being JonnyWoodey. While there is no proof, they have a very similar posting style. I've just PMd him about posting repeated sales topics despite not being qualified and he replied saying he had been a member for "about 3 months". 3 weeks more like. I have pointed this out and questioned whether he has had another account. I doubt he'll admit to it.

I'm getting seriously frustrated with him. He repeatedly refuses to follow rules, admitted posting random topics just to increase his post count, doesn't read topics properly/jumps into topics making accusations when he has no idea of the subject at hand. Members are getting extremely annoyed with him.

Thoughts? A ban seems harsh, but it's clear he either can't be bothered to tow the line or dare I say it, is too stupid to realise he's doing wrong.
Favourite: David Tennant IP, John Barrowman IP, Patrick Stewart IP, Catherine Tate VV.
Madame_Malfoy

Post by Madame_Malfoy »

I have proof... :?

I totally understand your frustration, Osiris. I checked my Outbox again, JonnyWoodey never read the PM I sent back in February. I could send it again to his new account but this kind of goes against what I wrote in the PM (ie. outlining the forum rules and asking him NOT to create multiple accounts.

I don't think he's stupid, I think that he doesn't care. He's just a stubborn, bratty kid who doesn't want to follow the rules but does want to use our forums to sell autographs and make some quick money.

A ban may seem harsh but to be honest, what else will stop him? Warnings? PMs about the same things? Locking his topics? :neutral:

R.I.P. Heath Ledger

Madame_Malfoy

Post by Madame_Malfoy »

Just thought I'd let y'all know, I PMed 'The Collector 2011' and asked him to not use his other accounts and to please follow the rules in the 'Autographs for Sale/Exchange' forum' etc. etc. I also told him the Moderators could view members IP addresses and that we weren't accusing him of being JonnyWoodey just because they both 'like liverpool fc' (as he said) but because the IP addresses match and he is, in fact, JonnyWoodey.

He replied:

'hi many people have said i am Jonnywoodey but i have no idear who he is i can understand y? people r saying it because i like liverpool fc and i understand he did too but i have no idear who jonnywoodey is now can you please stop saying i am Jonnywoodey as i am not i am the collcetor 2011 and if u want 2 know my real name it istom smith not jonny jon etc tom'

So I just sent back a brief PM to "Tom", basically saying, please stop lying, we know you are the same person, please see the matching IP addresses in the screen captures. Please don't use the old/create new accounts and please follow the rules in the 'For Sale/Exchange' forum.

I don't want to turn this into a fight but at least he can't say that he wasn't warned. :?

R.I.P. Heath Ledger

jdp3577
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by jdp3577 »

Madame_Malfoy wrote:I have proof... :?

I totally understand your frustration, Osiris. I checked my Outbox again, JonnyWoodey never read the PM I sent back in February. I could send it again to his new account but this kind of goes against what I wrote in the PM (ie. outlining the forum rules and asking him NOT to create multiple accounts.

I don't think he's stupid, I think that he doesn't care. He's just a stubborn, bratty kid who doesn't want to follow the rules but does want to use our forums to sell autographs and make some quick money.

A ban may seem harsh but to be honest, what else will stop him? Warnings? PMs about the same things? Locking his topics? :neutral:
Im not saying it's not the same person, but this is not really proof, if you click on the IP address you will find that it's a Public Internet Service, which anyone could use, maybe a coffee shop or library
#-John-#
Madame_Malfoy

Post by Madame_Malfoy »

Hi John,

I know that it's not absolute proof but it does go a way to suggesting that he's creating multiple accounts. And as Osiris said, the posting style, the way he writes is remarkably similar to the other accounts. And given that he replied to my PMs over 2 hours, during what would have been the middle of the day and early afternoon.. I wonder that he's using his school internet..? Not that it matters anyway, as long as he starts following the rules..

Anyway, in his reply to my PM and said that he wouldn't use any of his old accounts. {up} Which is something. I'm not sure that he'll keep to it but I hope he will. :D

Olivia

R.I.P. Heath Ledger

osiris
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by osiris »

jdp3577 wrote:
Madame_Malfoy wrote:I have proof... :?

Im not saying it's not the same person, but this is not really proof, if you click on the IP address you will find that it's a Public Internet Service, which anyone could use, maybe a coffee shop or library
No, it's not proof, but it's too unlikely to be a coincidence. Three people (lfc, jonnywoodey & the collector) all posting in the same style, getting the same things wrong, all liking Liverpool... posting from the same place? Not to mention "Tom Smith"?! Oh come on.