Volunteering

Discussion of current events and participation in intelligent conversation with other Fanmail.biz users.
New Fanmail.biz Users: Introduce Yourself Here! 8)
Tabby
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Volunteering

Post by Tabby »

Does anyone here do any volunteer work?
Last year, in October, during my first year of college, I decided to volunteer, since I didn't have a job. I wanted to give back to the community in some way. I decided to volunteer at a nearby elementary school. I did one kindergarten class, 1 special education class, and one early childhood special education class. Now I just help out in the special education class. It has its challenges and it can take a toll on your emotions but overall it's been nothing but a good experience. The kids get excited every time they see me and I'm pretty close with the teachers as well. I now have over 300 hours of volunteer work put into the school.
I mainly collect voice actor and Disney related autographs-Any questions with Disney successes/addresses? Feel free to PM me!
WildChild96
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Volunteering

Post by WildChild96 »

I did volunteer work, but it was required for one of my classes in high school. My mom and I packed and delivered food to Jewish senior citizens who were less than fortunate.
Most Recent TTM: Clint Hill - 12/17
Most Recent IP: Ville Leino - 11/14
Tabby
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Tabby »

That's a nice thing to do. :D A lot of people are surprised when I tell them I volunteer. The other teachers at the school have asked if I'm getting any kind of credit for it at school. I told them I'm getting nothing but the joys of helping out. I got this look--> :shock: haha. Sometimes it is hard in that room. I've been pinched, hit, kicked, punched and manipulated. But the good outweighs the bad.
I mainly collect voice actor and Disney related autographs-Any questions with Disney successes/addresses? Feel free to PM me!
twilighter
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by twilighter »

I do!
Im the editor of my High school's Key Club, and we are all about volunteering.
I volunteer twice a week for an hour at my local animal shelter. I also Visit the nursing homes, and the food pantries.
charliestcloud
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by charliestcloud »

I do volunteer work at my hospital!
*~When you're heart is in you're dreams, no request is to extreme!!~*
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Autograp ... 0176062093
My MOST Wanted: LIAM HEMSWORTH!!!
.Nicole.
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by .Nicole. »

If I can't find a paid job next year (since I've been jobless for a year and a half by now) I want to take a look at Voluntary work. Don't know where yet, perhaps at the hospital or an elderly home. I'll see in the new year! It's a good thing to do. Ok, you don't get paid, but you help people and it looks good on your résumé!
http://nicoleautogramme.repage.de/ <-- My German Autographs [This is purely in German]

Favourite Autographs: Dawn French, Nina-Friederike Gnädig, Sina-Valeska Jung, Charlotte Schwab, Ronja Forcher too name a few
Waiting On: 107
Latest Received: Sissy Höfferer, Wolke Hegenbarth
Latest Sent:Caroline Scholze, Jophi Ries, Steve Windolf, Lilia Lehner, Kerstin Landsman, Carina Wiese [RESENT], Jan Fedder, Saskia Fischer, Marc Zwinz, Steffen Groth, Janina Hartwig, Karin Gregorek, Lars Weström, Emanuela von Frankenberg, Denise M'Baye, Julia Heinze, Thomas Clemens, Janette Rauch, Serhat Cokgezen, Nathalie O'Hara, Margrit Sartorius, Fritz Wepper, Ulrike Folkerts
Tabby
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Tabby »

.Nicole. wrote:If I can't find a paid job next year (since I've been jobless for a year and a half by now) I want to take a look at Voluntary work. Don't know where yet, perhaps at the hospital or an elderly home. I'll see in the new year! It's a good thing to do. Ok, you don't get paid, but you help people and it looks good on your résumé!
That is where it has helped me. I want to become a teacher. Before I started volunteering, I had no idea I wanted to teach. Now because of it, I have found what I am good at. Plus volunteering at the school will probably help me become a teacher since I have so many hours put into it.
twilighter wrote:I do!
Im the editor of my High school's Key Club, and we are all about volunteering.
I volunteer twice a week for an hour at my local animal shelter. I also Visit the nursing homes, and the food pantries.
We had that club at my high school but I wasn't interested in it. I'm glad you're helping out though. {up}
RYAN J.

Post by RYAN J. »

YES! I do lots of Volunteer work. I volunteer at my local food pantry each month and have helped out at Banquets as waiter and server. {up}

RYAN J. 8)
Bear85
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Bear85 »

.Nicole. wrote:If I can't find a paid job next year (since I've been jobless for a year and a half by now) I want to take a look at Voluntary work. Don't know where yet, perhaps at the hospital or an elderly home. I'll see in the new year! It's a good thing to do. Ok, you don't get paid, but you help people and it looks good on your résumé!
I'm in a similar situation as you nicole. job market is awful atm. Voluntary work def helps on the CV and it is always good to help others. :D

Most Wanted:
Sport: F1 Drivers, McLaren and RedBull Drivers, Fabregas, Brett Lee, Shane Warne.
Film/T.V: Daniel Craig, James Bond Cast, Robert Pattinson, Michael C.Hall, Kiefer Sutherland, Ryan Reynolds, Neighbours Cast, Eastenders, CSI Cast, Grey's Anatomy, Harry Potter Cast.
Tabby
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Tabby »

It was a rough day today. {down} One of the kids was throwing a tantrum all day. It lasted on and off for about five hours. I'm pretty exhausted.