New here...Have a few questions

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
redheadedl3londe
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

New here...Have a few questions

Post by redheadedl3londe »

Ok, well this may seem stupid, buuut....When you send a letter to someone and also a request for a signed photo...then do you write the letter in your own writting, or typed? I mean i dont want them to not be able to read my hand writting...but I dont want it to seem, unpersonal?
ozzman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ozzman »

Really its up to you. I always write out my letters. I feel it means I put more time into it instead of typing. It depends on you though.
redheadedl3londe
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by redheadedl3londe »

ok, thanks, i really want to write it out myself, but i dont want them not to be able to read it :?
FlyersFan17
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by FlyersFan17 »

If I did'nt have the worst hand writing on earth I'd hand write it but so far it has'nt made a different in my successes really. Well maybe it's different with atheletes than actors so I dunno. I'd go with handwritten though.

Recent success's:Wayne Gretzky,Brian Dawkins,Amanda Beard,Alexander Ovechkin,Rod Brind'Amour,RJ Umberger

My Site:
http://www.freewebs.com/kevssportsautographs/index.htm

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
autographgirl

Post by autographgirl »

I think you should do what you want to do, but personally I wouldn't type it because it might seem like a buisness letter, you want it to be personal. That's just me though.

Allyson {??}
rpbluesman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by rpbluesman »

It really depends on what you handwriting looks like. If it is very nice, then you should write your letter. However, if it is poor, then you should probably type it. I always type mine because my handwrting is like reading Klingon. I don''t think that it makes a difference.

Daniel 8)
Last edited by rpbluesman on Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
stacey
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by stacey »

Hey!!

I agree with Daniel!!I hand write my letters though!!I think it would be more personal that way to the celebrity if you hand write the letter to them!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Welcome to the forum redheadedl3londe!! :D 8) And good luck in starting your collection!!See you on the forum!! {up}

Stacey :mrgreen:
nowandagain

Post by nowandagain »

Try your best to handwrite a letter. It's more personalised then having it typed, and shows the celebrity that you've actually taken the time to write to them personally instead of simply sending them a form letter. Remember to keep your handwriting NEAT, as a celebrity does not want to be wasting his/her time trying to decode your handwriting.

However, if your handwriting isn't up to a readable level, by all means type it! Don't sound too general in your letter though.

nowandagain [rockon]
James

Post by James »

I handwrite my letters
FlyersFan17
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by FlyersFan17 »

bleh now I feel horrible, haha I always type mine. I just don't know if it matters or not really, usually by the front of the envelope they get the hint that my handwriting is horrible.

Recent success's:Wayne Gretzky,Brian Dawkins,Amanda Beard,Alexander Ovechkin,Rod Brind'Amour,RJ Umberger

My Site:
http://www.freewebs.com/kevssportsautographs/index.htm

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]