Sarah Palin

Are you unsure if your autograph is authentic or not? Post it in here and the Fanmail.biz community will try to clear it up for you.
GABORWORLD
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Sarah Palin

Post by GABORWORLD »

Hello-

Amazon is selling "signed" copies of Sarah Palin's new book for only $16.. (!?) They say it is signed on a "tip-in page". Does anyone know if these are actually signed by her- or AP, or PP?

Please let me know-

-GABOR
CandyLover92
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Sarah Palin

Post by CandyLover92 »

Last edited by CandyLover92 on Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
kennedyniles
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by kennedyniles »

They are auto-pens, check out the other two topics on them

http://www.kennedynilesautographs.webs.com - Please sign my guestbook!
http://www.wesendfanmail.forumotions.com - Join my forum!

Latest success: 1/25/2011: Earl Holliman! :)
Latest RTS: 1/25/2011: Daniel B. Windsor (UTF) :(
Latest Sent Request(s): 1/29/2011: Daniel B. Windsor Image
Nicksportsautographs
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Nicksportsautographs »

CandyLover92 wrote:I have one of those books. It's authentic. I've seen pictures of what her AP and PP signatures look like and it looks different than the signatures in the books. Also, I've seen several photos of things such as photos that are authentically signed by her and the signatures usually all look the same just as anyone's would. I've also seen photos of the signed books from different people and the signatures have slight differences. Even some of them are signed in a permanent black Sharpie marker while others are signed with a black ink pen.
These books are not authentic and are autopenned. If you have seen stuff signed by her that all looks the same, its autopenned. There are not many authentically signed items of her on the market, since she has been using a few different autopens for the past couple of years, and is tough In-Person without cameras around her.
Chris102

Post by Chris102 »

When her first book came out around this time last year, the publisher sold 5,000 specially bound copies with authentic signatures. However, the same is not true for her latest release.

Other than signatures obtained in person, these signed books were the only authentic signatuares Sarah Palin made available since before the 2008 election. In early 2009 there were personalized signatures coming out of her office, but those were determined to be signed by her father.

If you can find one and you are willing to make the investment, you should purchase a pre-2008 Sarah Palin signature. They are much neater than what you would get from her now.

Here are some examples from my collection:

Limited Edition Book (authentic signature):

Early 2009 TTM response (secretarial signature):

Pre-2008 signed book (authentic signature):

Fall 2008 in person autograph:

WildChild96
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by WildChild96 »

How valuable are authentic Sarah Palin TTM autographs? And what if they're personalized? I got a personalized one from her TTM a few months before McCain selected her to be his running mate in the 2008 presidential election.
Most Recent TTM: Clint Hill - 12/17
Most Recent IP: Ville Leino - 11/14
Chris102

Post by Chris102 »

WildChild96 wrote:How valuable are authentic Sarah Palin TTM autographs? And what if they're personalized? I got a personalized one from her TTM a few months before McCain selected her to be his running mate in the 2008 presidential election.
I would say that a full signature from her would be worth around $150-$250, all depending on the neatness and what it's on. If the signature is comparable to the signed book I have, it could easily end up selling in this range. Full Sarah Palin signatures can fetch high prices due to the fact that she doesn't sign that way anymore. If anything, it seems her signature keeps getting sloppier and sloppier as time goes on, making the full signature highly desirable among collectors.

However, autograph selling prices are not fixed and fluxuate frequently. For someone like Sarah Palin, you could easily get a lot of money for her signature if it was sold at the right time when there is a demand for her signature. For example, on the day John McCain introduced her as his running mate in 2008, her signature was selling on eBay for triple its value. There was even a demand for her Autopen signature that day.

As for the personalization, it all depends on the collector or buyer. Some prefer simple signatures, while others like to have as much handwriting as possible.
CandyLover92
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by CandyLover92 »

Last edited by CandyLover92 on Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
ultimateager
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ultimateager »

CandyLover92 wrote:I just love it when autograph "experts" think they know everything. :roll: Mine is NOT an autopen. It is not shaky and there are no dots on it. It was written with a black sharpie marker.
well my opinion is {down} too.

all of these are autopens. i mean really?

autopens aren't always 100% exact of each other, and they can switch the pens whenever they want in the machine.

all of the ones i've seen look way too consistant. i mean wouldn't a signed copy be limited? even that being said, if she signed so many there would be HUGE differences in the signatures... at least different enough to be obviously hand signed.

this book is a HUGE HUGE FAIL
Recent Success- Amanda Beard, Peyton Manning, Shane Battier

Best TTM Success- George W Bush, Muhammad Ali, Al Kaline

Favorite IP- Gordie Howe, Frank Thomas, Joe Torre, Joe Dumars

I am the Ultimate Maurice Ager Collector

I WILL OFFER $$$ FOR ANY INFORMATION THAT LEADS ME TO A VIA-VENUE SUCCESS
Nicksportsautographs
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Nicksportsautographs »

CandyLover92 wrote:I just love it when autograph "experts" think they know everything. :roll: Mine is NOT an autopen. It is not shaky and there are no dots on it. It was written with a black sharpie marker.
You are only lying to yourself at this point. Think about this rationally. The markup from the unsigned Hardcover was on average $2-3. While, the actual hand-signed limited edition retails for $50+ more than the unsigned hardcover. She isn't going to hand-sign thousands of pages and only mark them up $2-3 from the retail unsigned edition. There appears to be only one autopen pattern used, out of a known 5-6 that Palin currently has, which tells you even her staff did not want to waste time making these look authentic since they are all the same.